The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #7,381 of 17,484
  It was the ease of use and managing gigs of files.

My main gripe is that it takes too long to select when you have too many artists and can't search for individual files.

What I think is that Fiio already has the good hardware R&D. Roll out an android based player and see the response.

the poster u quoted is right.
without at least 1 gb of ram and a decent processor,android is a liability and not an asset

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #7,382 of 17,484
It was the ease of use and managing gigs of files.

My main gripe is that it takes too long to select when you have too many artists and can't search for individual files.

What I think is that Fiio already has the good hardware R&D. Roll out an android based player and see the response.

I really hope they won't go this way. So far android hasn't been what it promises.

without at least 1 gb of ram and a decent processor,android is a liability and not an asset

:D

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #7,384 of 17,484
The current firmware doesn't operate in a >file>artist>album mode, and that's one of my biggest complaints. In the menu, you have a choice of "artist", "album" and "genre", and if you choose "artist", all of that artist's songs are together, unsorted. It's a major pain. I had no trouble adding thousands of files, however. I added my music alphabetically from my MS library, one letter at a time. The X3 (so far) has sold me in terms of the audio quality. It's amazing.

this is indeed a problem, and the reason why my filenames are as "artist - year - album - discnumber - tracknumber - trackname.flac"

I really hope this'll be fixed.

By the way: using the "<" breaks your message.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #7,386 of 17,484
Originally Posted by CalliopeK

The current firmware doesn't operate in a file-artist-album mode, and that's one of my biggest complaints. In the menu, you have a choice of "artist", "album" and "genre", and if you choose "artist", all of that artist's songs are together, unsorted. It's a major pain. I had no trouble adding thousands of files, however. I added my music alphabetically from my MS library, one letter at a time. The X3 (so far) has sold me in terms of the audio quality. It's amazing.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #7,387 of 17,484

Not sure where I told that android is faster given the same hardware is used. All I mentioned was usability.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #7,390 of 17,484
  Checked the other Treads and___have a question,
The power-charger I have is very small, 
ordered new one from B&H __the salesman did research then said this one was the one,
paid and waiting for it to arrive.

will this be an overload___ would dislike `frying' the X3___
Yes  have read the X3 PDF__but is  not that clear.

Thanks in advanced!

I've asked a similar question here http://www.head-fi.org/t/696204/suitable-fiio-x3-charger , but nobody answered ...

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #7,392 of 17,484
Originally Posted by CalliopeK

The current firmware doesn't operate in a file-artist-album mode, and that's one of my biggest complaints. In the menu, you have a choice of "artist", "album" and "genre", and if you choose "artist", all of that artist's songs are together, unsorted.

I don't think I'd like that either. But can't you make your own nested folder structure on the memory itself, such as genre - artist - album, then song files in the album folders? If like me that's that main way you listen, wouldn't that work with the X3's ability to read a user-defined folder structure?

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #7,393 of 17,484
I've asked a similar question here http://www.head-fi.org/t/696204/suitable-fiio-x3-charger , but nobody answered ...
If I remember right the X3 can make use of up to 1.5A so that would be fine as long as you only use one outlet while charging it. If you use both outputs it will just take approx an hour longer from almost empty to full. It will only use what it can so you can't hurt it to use a 2.1A charger. It will just use 1.5A. Always best to use too much than too little.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #7,394 of 17,484
If I remember right the X3 can make use of up to 1.5A so that would be fine as long as you only use one outlet while charging it. If you use both outputs it will just take approx an hour longer from almost empty to full. It will only use what it can so you can't hurt it to use a 2.1A charger. It will just use 1.5A. Always best to use too much than too little.

I have two separate wall chargers, the old 5V 1A one and the new 5V 2.1A.
The problem is, it takes over 6 hours to fully charge (forced shutdown charging) with the new 2.1 A one.

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #7,395 of 17,484
Eh if Fiio could fix the issues with long tracks (>30m) with regards to memory play and make their seek more useful for longer tracks (currently, it takes -forever- to seek anything over a few minutes in length) I'd be perfectly satisfied.  If I wanted an all-in-one solution I'd dig up a Zune, iPod Touch or Sony NWZ-series player or just rely on my Note 2.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back