The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #7,231 of 17,482

Could I ask you how good are the ER-4S directly through the X3? I want to get an ER-4S for my X3 as well. But if it doesn't sound good straight out of it then I'd probably get another IEM maybe the GR07 and the like

Okay, let's just say I enjoy my a lot and I am going to get the JDS O2 amp to get more soundstage and clarity becos I find that tad of warm more than enough for me even when using the ER4S.
It's all about personal preferences really. Anyways, I believe anyone with decent ears will recommend the ER4S because of it's quality but really don't expect too much for the bass.
So conclusion will be : Go ahead and buy the ER4S only if you have the money or maybe just try to audition it if possible. Auditioning is really the BEST choice. Try it out and you will be able to make your mind easily but if you can't get to audition it like me then I guess it's all up to you whether you want to or not.  

#EDIT: I am no audiophile and by no means a pro in any of this. I just listen for the sake of fun :D
I am just a kid with some money to spare on audio.

Dec 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #7,232 of 17,482
What about the GR07s then? And what are the differences between the GR07, GR07 MKII and the BE edition? Can anyone delightfully give me information regarding the synergy between these IEMs and the X3? I am hoping to get a clear balanced sound out of the X3, so I would want something that is neutral somewhat. Thanks.

Haven't got a chance to try the GR07 with X3 as I sold my pair of 07s. MKll is the revised version of the original 07s by coupling with a different and improved cable. BE edition is a bass-enhanced GR07.
From my memory, GR07 falls nicely on the balanced and neutral side of sound perhaps with a slight touch of warmth. IMO, I would not expect anything wrong with pairing it with X3. Probably just a tint of warmth. But definitely not as much as the W4R. Synergy wise I can't affirm. Based on my speculations and memory from the sound of GR07.
Yup. Best to audition it yourself. :)

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #7,233 of 17,482
I bought a 64gb microsd card (SanDisk Ultra) to use in my Fiio X3.. But after I copied my music files, it failed to update library.. Tried multiple times, same results..

I thought that it can't process huge amount of files at once.. So then I tried to copy the files batch by batch, around 5-7gb at one times, updated the library after each transfer.. But then, after a few batch, it failed to update library again.. This times there are around 40gb+ of the memory card is occupied.. Does this mean, Fiio X3 can't support 64gb microsd card?

Anyone using 64gb memory card on X3?

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #7,234 of 17,482
I bought a 64gb microsd card (SanDisk Ultra) to use in my Fiio X3.. But after I copied my music files, it failed to update library.. Tried multiple times, same results..

I thought that it can't process huge amount of files at once.. So then I tried to copy the files batch by batch, around 5-7gb at one times, updated the library after each transfer.. But then, after a few batch, it failed to update library again.. This times there are around 40gb+ of the memory card is occupied.. Does this mean, Fiio X3 can't support 64gb microsd card?

I'm using the same card as well. However I did not face the problems you described.
Try restoring default settings on the device? And format the sd card to FAT32.
Should be able to read the files well and quick.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #7,237 of 17,482

I am also using the same card and i have it almost filled, about 100mb of space left, and it works without any problems. Files are a mix of FLAC WAV and AIFF.

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #7,238 of 17,482
I've had the X3 it's four months now, I've been using it with Etymotics 4ER-S custom fit. It has replaced my previous on-the-go gear: S:flo2+Leckerton UHA-4

I listen to FLAC (24/96, 24/88.2, 16/44.1), MP3, and AAC, stored on a SanDisk SDXC 64GB.

I've appreciated all firmware upgrades, especially impressed by the added DAC functionality. Look forward to the MP3 decoding fix.

Never had a real problem.

Let me say it loud and clear: I'm really a happy customer.

Just one request, which I'm puzzled it has not been voiced on this thread yet: please add replygain.

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #7,239 of 17,482

I've got 3 of these Patriot 64GB microSD cards, and not one of them has had any problems in the X3 once formatted properly (using the utility built into firmware 2.05 or later works best):

http://patriotmemory.com/product/detail.jsp?prodline=4&catid=88&prodgroupid=209&id=1366&type=15

As mentioned in a previous post, I've used most of the capacity on all 3:

1 - 230MB free space
2 - 2.1GB free space
3 - 4 bytes free space (! - optimized the selection of music on this one to almost completely fill it)

Dale

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #7,240 of 17,482
Just one request, which I'm puzzled it has not been voiced on this thread yet: please add replygain.

Seconding this... After the other bugs are fixed though 
redface.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #7,241 of 17,482
Hate to dredge up formatting issues again, but I have some info that might help (or just annoy everyone 
cool.gif
). I accidentally formatted my SD card using the X3. No biggie, but when I plugged it into my laptop (win 7), of course I got a scan disk warning. I decided to just ignore it and copied a firmware file over (using TeraCopy). This resulted in a crc error when it tried to check the file, and I couldn't get a succesful transfer until I let Windows fix the card. Seems like the X3 is doing something during the format that windows doesn't like (I previously used GUIFormat without issues). Hopefully Fiio can look into this.
Sorry if I'm repeating something that's been said already, but I can't remember everything that has been discussed (and there's been alot
smily_headphones1.gif
).
Cheers

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #7,242 of 17,482
  Hate to dredge up formatting issues again, but I have some info that might help (or just annoy everyone 
cool.gif
). I accidentally formatted my SD card using the X3. No biggie, but when I plugged it into my laptop (win 7), of course I got a scan disk warning. I decided to just ignore it and copied a firmware file over (using TeraCopy). This resulted in a crc error when it tried to check the file, and I couldn't get a succesful transfer until I let Windows fix the card. Seems like the X3 is doing something during the format that windows doesn't like (I previously used GUIFormat without issues). Hopefully Fiio can look into this.
Sorry if I'm repeating something that's been said already, but I can't remember everything that has been discussed (and there's been alot
smily_headphones1.gif
).
Cheers

What brand/model of microSD card? Everyone that seems to be having problems with formatting seems to be using a SanDisk card of some type. I do know that there is one more known firmware bug that is supposed to be fixed and incorporated in the next firmware release. Hopefully that will resolve these remaining formatting issues. Until then, I'd recommend the Patriot memory cards I linked above as they appear to work in the X3 with no problems.

Dale 

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #7,243 of 17,482

What brand/model of microSD card? Everyone that seems to be having problems with formatting seems to be using a SanDisk card of some type. I do know that there is one more known firmware bug that is supposed to be fixed and incorporated in the next firmware release. Hopefully that will resolve these remaining formatting issues. Until then, I'd recommend the Patriot memory cards I linked above as they appear to work in the X3 with no problems.

Dale 

Using a 64gb Kingston. I originally used GUIFormat & it worked flawlessly until my brain fade today. Doing the windows check disk fixed the problem. I think someone else mentioned you should do a disk scan even before you transfer to ensure it'll go smoothly. Let's hope the next update (or one soon) fixes it.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #7,244 of 17,482
Holy crap. It must be me. I got a new X3 today because I gave up on trying to figure out my issue.But I'm still having the same problem. I put music on it and the only way I can get to my music is to go to browse files. Artists and Albums are listed but when I click on them there are no songs are there except for the pre loaded stuff.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to do something to the files before I put them on the X3? I put the same files on my Sony walkman and my Clip without issue. I'll even pull the SD card that isn't working on my X3 and put it in my Clip and the songs end up in the individual albums and artists.

What the HELL? This is driving me nuts!!! I am a computer chimp, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

It does it no matter if I put it on the SD card or the internal memory.

Another thing that is weird is I put music on the SD card. Even if I pull out the card and refresh the library, all the artists and albums that were on the SD card are still listed on the X3??? God, I hate computers....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back