The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #12,392 of 17,484
And people think us Canadians are such a laid back bunch....
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #12,393 of 17,484
Nah, its easy to get cannucks worked up. They say they like hockey, you just ask "You mean ice hockey?". Used to do that to a friend's wife all the time.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #12,399 of 17,484
For small beers getting big, I always have a soft spot for Boulevard. It's a KC beer, which is where my family comes from, and has always had a decent quality to it.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #12,400 of 17,484
@TrollDragon: Damn, son. Chill out a bit. Yes, Fiio released betas - and maybe a bit prematurely and naively. BUT nobody was forced to flash them, AND nobody was forced to buy an X3.

I was looking for an upgrade to the Colorfly C3 and my choices were either wait 6 weeks for the next batch of DX50's or pick up an X3 from Vancouver. So logically I chose the X3 as it was in country and only a week away... What I didn't expect was an finished piece of hardware with Alpha grade firmware. I was not forced to buy an X3 it was my choice as the DX50's firmware had issues at that time, now the DX series have Rockbox and we are still waiting for RC1 firmware.

And yes no one forced me to flash the X3, it was done out of an actual desire to have a functional product that I purchased, go figure... By the time the 3.0 firmware came out the price of X3's was down to $149 including a 64GB µSD card, so I might just as well keep the thing as it does sound good...

So yeah, I'm "Chill".
Just waiting for my E11K to arrive from Penon Audio with it's well thought out hip flask design and audio ports on the back side, I should have added a set of Pistons to the cart when I ordered the amp.

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #12,402 of 17,484
For small beers getting big, I always have a soft spot for Boulevard. It's a KC beer, which is where my family comes from, and has always had a decent quality to it.

I REALLY like Boulevard, as well! They make some damn fine beer. We on the left coast don't think of the mid-west as beervana, but traveling to my company's home base in Indianapolis has sure changed my perspective :smile:.

I was looking for an upgrade to the Colorfly C3 and my choices were either wait 6 weeks for the next batch of DX50's or pick up an X3 from Vancouver. So logically I chose the X3 as it was in country and only a week away... What I didn't expect was an finished piece of hardware with Alpha grade firmware. I was not forced to buy an X3 it was my choice as the DX50's firmware had issues at that time, now the DX series have Rockbox and we are still waiting for RC1 firmware.

And yes no one forced me to flash the X3, it was done out of an actual desire to have a functional product that I purchased, go figure... By the time the 3.0 firmware came out the price of X3's was down to $149 including a 64GB µSD card, so I might just as well keep the thing as it does sound good...

So yeah, I'm "Chill".
Just waiting for my E11K to arrive from Penon Audio with it's well thought out hip flask design and audio ports on the back side, I should have added a set of Pistons to the cart when I ordered the amp.

Hoo-wee, you're filled with spit & vinegar tonight :wink:. IMHO, with Mr Trev's list mod firmware and file / folder browsing with good folder structure, the X3 is highly usable.

Have fun with the E11k. I just got mine and am enjoying it. I just wish I could store some fine Islay Whisky in it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #12,404 of 17,484
That's an amp i would like to try at some point, but I doubt I'd have any real need for it. Maybe if I do get around to modding my ipod 5g, it'd be worth replacing my E11. The mods I'd consider doing all look simple enough at least.

As it is, after getting the X5, I really enjoy using the X3 sans amp, and leaving the X5 as a brick. Speaking of which, what are considered the summit for portable amps these days? I'd imagine the hifi-m8 would be up there.

The last attempt at an EQ for the X3 didn't seem to go over well. I seem to remember it playing at half volume.

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #12,405 of 17,484
Hoo-wee, you're filled with spit & vinegar tonight :wink:. IMHO, with Mr Trev's list mod firmware and file / folder browsing with good folder structure, the X3 is highly usable.

Have fun with the E11k. I just got mine and am enjoying it. I just wish I could store some fine Islay Whisky in it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Yes indeed... Mr Trev's mod has made the X3 much more enjoyable to use, highly recommended!
Now that would be a very useful upgrade, a little sippin' Whiskey right out of the amp!

The E11K will be attached to the C3 and replace the E11, if it ever gets here. I will need a new IC for the hookup...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back