The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 9, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #16,831 of 17,484
  I think you would go to System Settings, then Update Lib.

Unfortunately, updating the library has no effect on the list of favourite songs 
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #16,832 of 17,484
Unfortunately, updating the library has no effect on the list of favourite songs :confused_face(1):

Have you tried deleting them one by one? I have tried adding a track to favourites and what I have to do to delete it is play it, press and hold the back/return button and then select favourites and press ok. For me that remeves the track that is playing. It is then no longer there in my lists of favourites.
I know it would be a pain but have you tried doing it this way?

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #16,833 of 17,484
I already deleted the files. So I cannot play them to remove them from the favourite playlist.

Although I deleted the files, they still appear in the favourite playlist. That"s the problem.

Have you tried deleting them one by one? I have tried adding a track to favourites and what I have to do to delete it is play it, press and hold the back/return button and then select favourites and press ok. For me that remeves the track that is playing. It is then no longer there in my lists of favourites.
I know it would be a pain but have you tried doing it this way?

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #16,834 of 17,484
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #16,836 of 17,484

You gotta remember to check the unhide system files too. There should be 2 .db files there. If I remember correctly, you can safely delete them both. This will basically return the x3 to factory default, so you'll need to redo your settings, and rescan the database.

Remember to hide the system files when your done, so you don't accidentally delete something off your PC

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #16,837 of 17,484
It worked! On my macbook. I could not see the .db files on my pc. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
  You gotta remember to check the unhide system files too. There should be 2 .db files there. If I remember correctly, you can safely delete them both. This will basically return the x3 to factory default, so you'll need to redo your settings, and rescan the database.

Remember to hide the system files when your done, so you don't accidentally delete something off your PC

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #16,838 of 17,484
biggrin.gif

Is there not an option to view hidden files on your PC? All files that begin with a . are often hidden unless you select to show them.

In my home folder, I can't see any of the files that start with a . unless I go to view at the top left and select view hidden files. This may be a little different in windows as I am using Linux but it will have something similar I am sure.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #16,839 of 17,484
On my pc, when I checked the option to see hidden files, many files and folders were revealed, but the database files I wanted to delete remained hidden. Strange. I did the same on my mac and the database files revealed themselves. Thanks Steve! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Is there not an option to view hidden files on your PC? All files that begin with a . are often hidden unless you select to show them.

In my home folder, I can't see any of the files that start with a . unless I go to view at the top left and select view hidden files. This may be a little different in windows as I am using Linux but it will have something similar I am sure.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #16,840 of 17,484

How do you see the .db files on your MB? I have the X3K connected via USB (not stand-alone memory card), and all I see is the mount point, /Volumes/x3. On that is the usual Mac files (Trashes), plus the root directory for my music. How are you seeing all the other internal files? 

Note, I am using terminal to navigate it. Are you using Finder? 

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #16,841 of 17,484
Open Terminal
Now copy and paste both lines listed below into Terminal one at a time, and press Return after each line:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

To hide the hidden files:

You use the same command but write NO at the end (matching the case is important).

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
killall Finder

That's it :wink:

Quote:

How do you see the .db files on your MB? I have the X3K connected via USB (not stand-alone memory card), and all I see is the mount point, /Volumes/x3. On that is the usual Mac files (Trashes), plus the root directory for my music. How are you seeing all the other internal files? 

Note, I am using terminal to navigate it. Are you using Finder? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back