The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #16,398 of 17,484
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
  what is the latest official firmware for x3?

I don't know about the beta but 3.3 is the latest official.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #16,400 of 17,484
For all intents and purposes one should treat 3.34beta as an official release. I bet well over 80 percent of users treat this as their firmware. Many FIIO beta releases are more reliable than supposedly stable releases. I would definitely put 3.34beta in that category

But that is wrong. It's a β for a reason.

Usually a β-release is untested, or not tested enough to makecit a release candidate/stable release.

The company may not even give support for the β, while they should for official releases.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #16,401 of 17,484
But that is wrong. It's a β for a reason.

Usually a β-release is untested, or not tested enough to makecit a release candidate/stable release.

The company may not even give support for the β, while they should for official releases.

That might be true, but at least we have a beta that works better than official release and who knows when if ever Fiio release a new one.

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #16,402 of 17,484
CH23

Well, beta for most companies means untested and unproven.  True.

With FIIO beta often seems to mean ....   better than all the other releases and more stable too.  Not always, but often.

Just run a poll.....ask what firmware people are using.

If you are hung up on the beta connotation, then by all means do not run 3.34 beta under any circumstances.

At the moment, I would argue that there is no support per se for this discontinued  unit, except that the company has said that 3.34beta is not the final firmware that will be released.  I would expect the focus to be on current models for a while.  Keep in mind that two new units just shipped in the last few months, and a major new release (the X7) is due soon.  The X7 runs android and will probably consume nearly  all resources for a while because it is so different from everything else.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #16,403 of 17,484
X3ii recently received a new FW addressing the 5800 song limit in Category Browsing. I would think the next X3 Classic FW will also be coming in that will remove this limit. That's about all I can see as a significant change coming down the pipeline. Of course I have no official knowledge of what's coming in, just conjecture on my part.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #16,404 of 17,484
X3ii recently received a new FW addressing the 5800 song limit in Category Browsing. I would think the next X3 Classic FW will also be coming in that will remove this limit. That's about all I can see as a significant change coming down the pipeline. Of course I have no official knowledge of what's coming in, just conjecture on my part.

I have just over 4000 songs so I haven't got to 5800 yet. I am sure that Joe Bloggs said that 3.34b removes this limit and I also thought I saw several people comment that it had solved this limit issue. I could be wrong though.
Maybe I am misuderstanding you and you are not involving this beta firmware.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #16,405 of 17,484
I have just over 4000 songs so I haven't got to 5800 yet. I am sure that Joe Bloggs said that 3.34b removes this limit and I also thought I saw several people comment that it had solved this limit issue. I could be wrong though.
Maybe I am misuderstanding you and you are not involving this beta firmware.

Oh, oops! haha, I must've missed that. Apologies. I don't own the X3 anymore but still read the threads. Trying to be helpful seems to have backfired!!

Again, apologies.

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #16,406 of 17,484
Oh, oops! haha, I must've missed that. Apologies. I don't own the X3 anymore but still read the threads. Trying to be helpful seems to have backfired!!

Again, apologies.

I am pleased FiiO sorted this out. I have about 4000 tracks that only take up about 47gb of space on my 64gb card. Since the X3 says it can take a 128gb card, with the amount of 320kbps mp3s I have, I will get to 5800 way before I have even 100gb on the card. I also feel I remember FiiO saying that it holds 128gb at max currently. They made it sound like they would do a firmware update for when 256gb cards were available! If the song limit wasn't removed by then, it would be hard to fill it with tracks that take up little space.

I don't even know if there are any genuine 256 micro SD cards out yet. I have only seen Sandisk's 200gb version. I don't know if the X3 would support that. The price is only £20 more than I paid for my X3!

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #16,408 of 17,484
Ah. 
  I have a SD to microSD adapter that has a 256gb card in it and it works fine in the X3.
It has over 20,000 songs on it so I can't update the library. It crashed at around 12,000 songs.

Ah good to know. I don't think anyone has mentioned what the limit was now. If Fiio could just go back to the old way of database storage, we shouldn't have any problem with how many tracks. Same for artwork… in some ways the old firmware was much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back