The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 4, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #15,991 of 17,484
basshead.gif
 Just picked the 750 up... Never thought an IEM for 90.- could impress me this much! Sounds pretty darn good! Only problem is that the mic limits the movement of the cinch.. But a great pairing with the X3! Hardware treble on -2 = perfect

May 4, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #15,993 of 17,484
:basshead:  Just picked the 750 up... Never thought an IEM for 90.- could impress me this much! Sounds pretty darn good! Only problem is that the mic limits the movement of the cinch.. But a great pairing with the X3! Hardware treble on -2 = perfect

Glad you're enjoying them. Surprised you need to EQ down the treble, though.

May 4, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #15,994 of 17,484
Glad you're enjoying them. Surprised you need to EQ down the treble, though.
Yeah, it's a bit harsh, but actually only with a couple of albums I've realized. Mostly it's fine, just some of the mediocre recordings are uncomfortable, I am quite sensitive to a little too much sibilance. The bass really hits hard (perfect headphone for "R. A. The Rugged Man - Legends Never Die" esp. T11) and they're really nice overall. Very tunable as well. And good isolation. Thanks for the recommendation

May 4, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #15,995 of 17,484
Yeah, it's a bit harsh, but actually only with a couple of albums I've realized. Mostly it's fine, just some of the mediocre recordings are uncomfortable, I am quite sensitive to a little too much sibilance. The bass really hits hard and they're really nice overall. Very tunable as well. And good isolation. Thanks for the recommendation

Burn-in usually helps on that.

May 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #15,997 of 17,484
I also found a few hours of use tamed the treble and firmed up the bass. Was actually a little disappointed with these the first few listens (first album was Moving Pictures by Rush, and I felt it a little meeeeh), but with some break-in dynamics and balance improved significantly.

May 4, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #15,999 of 17,484
Hi All,

I've just purchased a Fiio X3 Gen 2. I've previously used iPods with iTunes.

I'm a bit new to the ways of the X3, as I've found the manual brief, nevertheless I'm enjoying the new toy.

The main problem now is I can't install a playlist from iTunes. I assume a playlist is just a pointing table to music files within iTunes and by coping the playlist doesn't bring across the music.

I've done some research to find the steps needed, but to no avail. Do I need to purchase a product to interface iTunes to the X3?

Or is there a post already written that I could be pointed toward for help.

Thanks for all contributions

Cheers

Mark

May 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #16,000 of 17,484
If using Mac read this:

LINK

If using Windows read this:

LINK

FiiO has posted this info on multiple FW upgrade threads so don't worry if the links I provided aren't for your specific FW or FiiO device. If playlists are supported these instructions should work.

May 6, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #16,002 of 17,484
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back