The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Dec 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #3,076 of 3,613
There's a lot of detail in the design, and it's not a particularly thick case. I don't think it was designed to protect the player from big drops - more like prevent scuffs and scratches and protections from relatively small bumps and such.

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #3,078 of 3,613
I like both, black and white. Maybe black come standard then options to buy other cases, that way we can always freshen X3 look depending on mood! And we can get lee730 that pink case he's been wanting!

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #3,079 of 3,613
Quote:
Black or White, that is a question. which color will you prefer ? the silicon case for X3, the photo is the first sample of the case. 

1, For black one, it is very easy become dirty with the dust. and the charge indication can't be saw .

2, For white one, the only question is most western customer prefer everything with black color.

So, any suggestion ?

+1 for Black. I like the small bag comes with E17 also.

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #3,082 of 3,613
I vote black since the X3 is also black. I really appreciate how you are involving the community's feedback, feiao. I haven't really seen a company communicating with its fans about a product so directly.

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #3,083 of 3,613
Quote:
And we'll have a purple and yellow one made for you :wink:.

Look! we are choosing the color of the case  and we don't even have the unit yet...Fiio HADRCORE FANS..

Lee, I will take the red please...and the green.

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #3,084 of 3,613
As long as it isn't a loud color, I'm cool with it. I'm more interested in a well-designed case that becomes an extension of the player (this is how I feel about the Ringke Rearth for the J3) rather than a loose-fitting approximation of a case that is so common. A good player deserves a good case - don't put a filet mignon between 2 slices of white bread....

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #3,086 of 3,613
Quote:
I vote black since the X3 is also black. I really appreciate how you are involving the community's feedback, feiao. I haven't really seen a company communicating with its fans about a product so directly.

Except this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/622939/the-centrance-hifi-m8-thread/1035#post_8987667

Good job Fiio and Centrance!

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #3,087 of 3,613
Quote:
As long as it isn't a loud color, I'm cool with it. I'm more interested in a well-designed case that becomes an extension of the player (this is how I feel about the Ringke Rearth for the J3) rather than a loose-fitting approximation of a case that is so common. A good player deserves a good case - don't put a fillet mignon between 2 slices of white bread....

They should make a leather case for it with a screen cover built in on it like the one I use to have on my Sansa Fuze. Even if it was sold separately I'd buy one for sure if its of good quality and I'd be intent on keeping the X3 (if it lives up to my expectations sound quality-wise that is).

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #3,088 of 3,613
Ah, the memories.....
(the Fuze was my first ever DAP.)

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #3,089 of 3,613
Quote:
Ah, the memories.....
(the Fuze was my first ever DAP.)

It's older sister was my first official  DAP (Sansa E280 and then the E280V2 protoype upon RMA exchange which had the same sound quality as the Sansa Fuze). This is what really got me started on my journey into headfi because there was a clear difference in the sound quality to me even on my bose IE2s. So I knew there was a lot more to learn regarding audio and I was gonna find out :wink:. I remember years ago searching for expensive IEMs and was jaw-dropped at the $500+ dollar price tags (personally at that time I thought it was a joke and would never spend so much on IEMs or audio, looks like I spoke too soon cause look where I am now! :p). Since I figured out the difference between the E280s in sound quality and the bose IE2 in comparison to the crappy ear budz I've tried it all lead me to coming to headfi and rediscovering music :wink:.

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #3,090 of 3,613
You kidding me..? I only got my Fiio E17 today... v.v

Quote from Jim Gaffigan [a comedian] (1:54 on the video)

If I knew you were here, I would I waited... I should of waited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaK9bjLy3v4&feature=player_detailpage#t=114s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back