The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Dec 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #2,941 of 3,613
Quote:
Not to throw a wet blanket over everyone's hopes but Fiio itself has indicated this player won't sound like an audiophile DAP. That's not the market segment they're going after.

That's a good thing, IMO. (Note the quote in my sig.)
As long as it is of equivalent quality to the their current products, I am definitely interested.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #2,942 of 3,613
Not to throw a wet blanket over everyone's hopes but Fiio itself has indicated this player won't sound like an audiophile DAP. That's not the market segment they're going after.

True..but what I'm hoping for is a noticeable step up from an iPod or Clip. It's certainly unrealistic to have something that will go head to head with, say, a DX 100 at this price. But if it finds a middle ground between Clip and DX it will certainly satisfy those who are interested.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #2,943 of 3,613
Quote:
I wonder id it will be close enough to a DX100 for most of us.

R-

You'll only know if you do a side by side with them :wink:. I think it is wishful thinking however. In the end it will also depend on your needs. I'd say the DX100 is more served for high end Audio (Customs, Fit Ear 334, AKG3003, 1Plus2 or full size headphones like HE500, LCD2 etc).

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #2,945 of 3,613
Quote:

Fiio stated that hardware part of X3 will have WM8740 and AD8397. Those parts are inside of Fiio's E17 DAC/Amp and this device is much regarded as a very good sounding among head-fi'ers.

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #2,946 of 3,613
I just luv the modesty that the FiiO people posses. That makes this player all the more desirable. I have a feeling it will be totally kickazz!!!

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #2,947 of 3,613
i hope the next x3 is going to be a "better" teclast t51/nationite sflo:2 =)

that would be awesome. t51 similar sound, better UI, buttons, etc... awesome.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #2,949 of 3,613
I'm hoping it's a bit warmer sounding than the J3, but yeah, the battery life will probably take some getting used to coming from a J3. If it can do 15 hours of flac at 2/3 max volume, I'd be quite satisfied with it. Nobody seems to know how the battery will perform under different listening conditions....

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2,950 of 3,613
Quote:
I'm hoping it's a bit warmer sounding than the J3, but yeah, the battery life will probably take some getting used to coming from a J3. If it can do 15 hours of flac at 2/3 max volume, I'd be quite satisfied with it. Nobody seems to know how the battery will perform under different listening conditions....

Some people had mentioned a veil on the sound of the E11 and E17 due to the battery on those devices. I am hoping this won't be the case on the DAP. Feiao can you elaborate on this issue?

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #2,951 of 3,613
Quote:

Fiio stated in their Facebook page that they put a bigger battery inside the X3 so they "think" it will reach 15 hours of playback, not sure if that is for FLAC though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #2,952 of 3,613
Well, Colorfly C3 grabs about 16-18 hours FLAC any volume really. But that's the thing C3 grabs a TRUE 16 - 18 hours, with that done and my usual 3 hours a day listening I only need to charge every 5th day. So if X3 can grab an honest 15 hours we should be fine. Well....I will be. :wink: Even my Cowons don't grab a 50 hours running FLAC more like 20. So if X3 can grab an honest down to the hour 15 or quoted amount most should be ok. Better than 8 hours I can tell you now. Colorfly CK4 is around that if you're lucky.

Should be fine, seeing how long E11 ran for, it was true to the specs. I do have my concerns about the SQ of X3. I wouldn't be getting our hopes up just yet. and that's where its going to count. I've said before in this thread we can have every feature known to man on this player but they're of no use to us if the players SQ is average. That would be the biggest disappointment.. Most DAP's on the market all have some flaw, almost all of them, they near perfection but have bass-roll off, treble roll-off, weak mid range, low run times, don't measure flat blah blah blah, even DX100 has it's fair share of problems.

Let's see if FiiO can make a complete package, because so far they're few and far between.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2,953 of 3,613
Is there a release date for this bad boy?

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #2,955 of 3,613
Yeah I just saw their FB page...April 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Back