The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Sep 18, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #2,116 of 3,613

Quote:
like i said, the legal team., perhaps you didnt read my next post.

hang on, so the supplier of the 10000 chips who could not deliver will not release the source code? so what exactly did fiio pay for? they have supplied them with nothing, they could not deliver the product, or the software, what use are the chips?they have also caused some davage to fiios reputation, or at least this could be claimed. to me this sounds like fiio has multiple avenues to get some development cash back.

It is China, so the legal system isn't exactly world class. I mean, even Microsoft and Apple are having a tough time in China dealing with the legal system. Going to court might end up costing more money on lawyer, paperwork and time than what you can get by settling with the supplier, which is what I think FiiO is probably doing now. But regardless, I don't think FiiO is going to get enough back to cover their lost so far, especially since the whole DAP project is delayed by 1 year now. The supplier handles all the PCB (the controller comes pre-mounted with the basic parts) and the firmware (not source code) - that's usually how OEM works. The supplier can give all 10k PCB w/ controller to FiiO, just not a fully functional firmware. I am not sure if FiiO have had all the PCB made, but I do think at least some have been delivered to FiiO as an early batch for testing and such. Also, it isn't the case that the supplier refuses to provide firmware, they just can't give any firm, realistic schedule on when they can finish it.

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #2,118 of 3,613
Sep 19, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2,120 of 3,613
project halted...does that mean even if they cancel the project it won't surprize us now??

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #2,122 of 3,613
and here i was worried i would be too late in finding out the release date

devo'd. unfortunate guys.

need a new mp3/flac player though now... was waiting on this

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #2,123 of 3,613

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxSpirit 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..................
frown.gif

I have really been holding out, what am I supposed to get now? *sigh*

Quote:

@ Varley

You could always buy yourself a Zo and drop out of the contest so I could have a much better chance of winning
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #2,124 of 3,613
i'm sorry but i cannot follow the thread. is the project halted NOW or WAS halted in dec. 2010?
i was expecting x3/e17-e9 system and k601....
it'll be great help for me if sbd tells me how it's going on now...

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #2,125 of 3,613

Quote:
i'm sorry but i cannot follow the thread. is the project halted NOW or WAS halted in dec. 2010?
i was expecting x3/e17-e9 system and k601....
it'll be great help for me if sbd tells me how it's going on now...

Agreed.  Could Fiio make a statement and say if this is dead so we can lock the thread?

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #2,126 of 3,613
Are you asking if the project was halted at the first  thread and then there were still 2000 more posts? If you look back at the quick postings of the last couple pages you can see that it was recently halted.  It was updated on the first page to help poeple out.  I don't think it should be closed because we're all hoping it picks back up at some point.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #2,129 of 3,613

Quote:
didnt they already? post #2052

So being frozen and continuing development of a DAP clearly means X3 is dead?  Will it be an X3 w/ Android or a different player altogether?  Sounds ambiguous to me.  If that is what they mean (dead) then the thread should be locked and a new thread started when the new DAP comes on scene.

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #2,130 of 3,613
So being frozen and continuing development of a DAP clearly means X3 is dead?  Will it be an X3 w/ Android or a different player altogether?  Sounds ambiguous to me.  If that is what they mean (dead) then the thread should be locked and a new thread started when the new DAP comes on scene.

I know the wording is a little confusing. I gathered they will not be making the X3 period due to the uncertainty from the supplier but they may make something in the future. Not exactly sure if that's right, Feiao could you chime in a clarify it to us better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back