The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #376 of 3,613
hardware changes are hard at this point i think, but in order to satisfy most software wise, an open source development  kit for additional apps would be really cool. Most suggestions here can be done by any programmer (including myself) easily in minutes if a sort of SDK is available to use

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #377 of 3,613

Quote:
Anaxilus
Quote:
Super excited about the X3.  I would like to recommend a few features.

3) A custom case to marry X3/E11 (possible even built in connection cable)

No way, I don't want to pay for anyone elses case.  Rather save my money for a Pelican.

Anaxilus
 I had never heard of the pelican cases and after reading your post I took a look. Man they have sweet cases. I travel and one is definitely in oreder. Have you had a custom one made or found on that fit your needs. tnx

James

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #378 of 3,613

Quote:

Quote:
Anaxilus
Quote:
Super excited about the X3.  I would like to recommend a few features.

3) A custom case to marry X3/E11 (possible even built in connection cable)

No way, I don't want to pay for anyone elses case.  Rather save my money for a Pelican.

Anaxilus
 I had never heard of the pelican cases and after reading your post I took a look. Man they have sweet cases. I travel and one is definitely in oreder. Have you had a custom one made or found on that fit your needs. tnx

James

Definitely.  I'll try to take some pics and post later.  I'm using the i1015 for my 602/Arrow setup.  Pelican has actually saved me thousands of dollars in potential damage, I don't bother w/ anything else anymore.

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #379 of 3,613
I was certainly implying them being sold separately!  And c'mon you only respond with the idea you don't like.  What about the other stuff?  I took a lot of time thinking about all the stuff we might want. 
frown.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #380 of 3,613
I doubt that'll happen, james said they're using firmware produced by a big brand company. So for them to release a SDK would be very unlikely.

Quote:
hardware changes are hard at this point i think, but in order to satisfy most software wise, an open source development  kit for additional apps would be really cool. Most suggestions here can be done by any programmer (including myself) easily in minutes if a sort of SDK is available to use

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #381 of 3,613

Quote:

Anaxilus

James

Here are some pictures I took earlier.  Despite the pics, I can only fit one set of IEMs w/ this set up which is fine.  Airtight, crush resistant, watertight seal with buoyancy up to 1.2 lbs. (0.54 kg) and a lifetime guarantee like my Monsters.  
ksc75smile.gif
  602+Arrow=8.6oz or just over .5lb.  So it should float if it falls off the Golden Gate bridge which actually happened to another Pelican customer w/ his laptop.

Quote:
I was certainly implying them being sold separately!  And c'mon you only respond with the idea you don't like.  What about the other stuff?  I took a lot of time thinking about all the stuff we might want. 
frown.gif

Well, I didn't say I disliked the other ideas.  Isn't that saying enough?  
wink_face.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #384 of 3,613
Quote:
Will this have any internal memory or not??? , while a card slot is a good idea unforturely card sizes are limted , i want 160gb storage like the ipod classic has.

It has been covered many times in the thread - no, it won't have any internal memory.

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #385 of 3,613
It has been covered many times with people saying different things so i wasn't sure , if it hasn't then thats unforturate, a version with and without internal memory would be good.

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #386 of 3,613
Hardware spec is pretty much finalized. As stated before, FiiO can only do either TF or internal memory due to hardware limitation, and they have chosen TF. Making two versions means making two products, I don't think they will want to do that.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #388 of 3,613
I actually really like the idea of no internal memory.  cards are cheap.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #390 of 3,613

Quote:
Why not loads of companys do that, theres always a selection of 8gb , 16gb ,32gb , 64gb.

Larger companies that have the market penetration can further segment them by producing different models of the same player. In addition to different internal memory size, they also offer them in different colors, and sometimes with special accessory packs, or special editions, etc. In such a case, built-in flash memory allow them an additional measure of profit.

The X3 has a narrower target market, so flexibility is far more important and offering a memory slot that can take 1GB to 32GB makes a lot more sense than carrying different capacity models.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back