The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Dec 19, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #106 of 3,613
FiiO usually plans their product release a year ahead (i.e. the rough idea of X3 was discussed early this year), so it won't be any surprise if there is a transport like player on paper. However, it doesn't mean it will necessary materialize at the end or any time soon. Some products may be very attractive and reasonable at time, but become unfeasible later on. Small business with tight budget can't afford to make any mistake. It is a risk for FiiO to venture out from their comfort zone to the DAP market, especially since the competition is tough to say the least.

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #107 of 3,613
I would like at the very least a 3 TB hard drive, playback of every file known to man, support 3D, play Blu-ray, fully balanced, integrated rail gun, be able to be controlled by brain waves alone, and sprinkle pixie dust. That's all. Is that too much to ask?

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #108 of 3,613
Hello Feiao! I have a very little request!
Please make it usable while charging :)

one thing I actually hate about my clip+ is I cant use it while charging. I'm looking forward for this product though, I'll buy an X3 whatever it turns out to be!

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #109 of 3,613

Quote:

one thing I actually hate about my clip+ is I cant use it while charging. I'm looking forward for this product though, I'll buy an X3 whatever it turns out to be!

Of course you can use the clip+ while charging....you just need a wall charger.
wink_face.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #110 of 3,613

Quote:
You missed the point completely; I suggested the X3 have far more battery than 6-10 hours and 8 gigs as an extreme minimum. I just don't think we need an excess 100 hours and 500gb storage as some mentioned here...

Perhaps I did, in which case I apologize, but obviously the feeling I got from your post was that features that many people want could be sacrificed for the sound-first mentality. I'd like a player that sounds good, but I've also avoided many because nothing else fits well with what other aspects I consider important.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #111 of 3,613
This looks like an interesting player, but I really hope they use rockbox as the operating system. If not, I hope fiio includes some of those features most missed in mass market DAPs -- pan/balance (so easy that I have no idea why it's not more prevalent), parametric EQ, gapless playback, on the go playlists, and so on. Basically...all the features rockbox offers.
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #112 of 3,613

Quote:
I would like at the very least a 3 TB hard drive, playback of every file known to man, support 3D, play Blu-ray, fully balanced, integrated rail gun, be able to be controlled by brain waves alone, and sprinkle pixie dust. That's all. Is that too much to ask?

I could do without the pixie dust if we could keep it below $100. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #113 of 3,613
As Achmedisdead has stated, use a wall charger - I listen to my Rockboxed clip+ while it's charging w/no probs.

Quote:

Quote:
Of course you can use the clip+ while charging....you just need a wall charger.
wink_face.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #114 of 3,613
Is it going to shave me though? It's a deal breaker.

Quote:
Quote:

I could do without the pixie dust if we could keep it below $100. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #116 of 3,613

8740-good

digital coax out-good

Non rockchip-good

I personally think putting anymore than 1gb of internal memory is a waste unless it's 16-32gb.  Save the consumer money and just use 256MB or less for internal functionality and pass the savings to the consumer.  Or invest that in getting a current spec sdxc reader for future 4TB storage.  I can't believe the cost of sdxc card readers would outweigh the added internal memory cost by much if any.  Internal memory is uneccessarily expensive relative to external cards and often hogs resources and can crash a player when some users try to use max capacity.  That would be one tech support bug to cross off the list as well as potential for returns.  That would also negate the need to develop a HDD player and put the product ahead of the curve.  You could market the X3 as 'up to 4TB storage.'

Pan/Balance volume knob a must.  Perhaps something like my ESP950 amp that has two independent knobs in one for each channel stacked together.  Should be doable in current configuration of by extending the knob guard a bit.

HD audio doing up to 24/192 would be great and offer another breakthrough along w/ the sdxc.

Gapless is nice but not required.

Instant on/off

Is there a lock switch that also would lock the volume?

You guys have a chance to make a truly revolutionary player w/ a great price.  Break some rules, redefine the game.

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #117 of 3,613

Quote:

Try starting your own company and make and design it yourself..then sell it for a ridiculous price and name the company Konster
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #118 of 3,613
I don't want to speak on behalf of KuKuBuKu or get too far off on a tangent, but I got the impression that he was speaking through hyperbole that some people's expectations for this device are a bit outlandish.

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #119 of 3,613
I gotta agree here, since some think it'll cure cancer and do the dishes - all on a single charge.

Me, I want some Rockbox-like features (I mean an EQ and GAPLESS people!!!), decent battery life (real world usage of 25hrs would suffice), and a built in capacity of 32gb - expandable via either SDHC OR microSDHC card to 64gb.

Also, I know since it'll be a FiiO, that it will drive 99% of all full-sized HP's quite well, as well as some of the more "annoying" to drive IEM's.

I'll buy this, way before I'd buy a hifiman, colorfly, or even a Cowon X7 (yuk!!!) - I do have an expectation that it will sound quite nice - but please, no bass roll off!!!
Quote:
I don't want to speak on behalf of KuKuBuKu or get too far off on a tangent, but I got the impression that he was speaking through hyperbole that some people's expectations for this device are a bit outlandish.

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #120 of 3,613

Quote:

I was jking as he says it right here 

Quote:
Lol, I posted that to reflect that people have too high expectations. Which is true.

Btw I think they already said it was gonna be 32gb(feel free to correct me anyone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back