The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Aug 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,386 of 3,613
Quote:
Stozzer I think from comments we have been getting this player was going to be on par with tier 3 DAPs. That is what all the commotion is  about. Why pay $200 for a player like that that will be thick as well in this price range when most would rather just have a great transport with small form-factor, properly implemented clocking, great UI and battery life. From that perspective I understand and would not want to spend $200.00 on such a player if its comparable to a Sansa Fuze or ipod for that matter. At that point I'd rather forgo the internal DAC and Amp section and have the other functions improved IMO.

I only put it in tier 2 as it has extra functions above and beyond what the others at tier 3 have.   There has been no conformation that that picture of the x3 represents the thickness, it may be a pre-production unit from the last attempt.  I def agree if it is too thick for my liking if it is though, and also that if the sq is on a par with the tier 3s i wont bother.  Where i do disagree is that, i assume from what has been mentioned before and common sense that it will be a better sounding player than i mentioned in tier 3.  If the cube c30 can sound better and also the s:flo not to mention the rocoo and hifiman (yes they have there issues and are in no way perfect) i dont see why fiio cant, it is around the same price.  Still i disagree that most, as you say, would rather have a transport than a full dap, the transport is very much a niche.  Maybe we can start a poll? it would certainly be an interesting topic.

Quote:
Having a good night on your end friend? You seem a little annoyed.

Sorry if you want to take a dicussion that way.
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,387 of 3,613
Quote:
It will be interesting to see it come to fruition. Not really in the market for a new DAP at this time but still will keep my eyes open :). musicday didn't you buy a DX100 or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes, is was me who had the DX100, but i didn't think it worth the price point in my opinion. I sold it 3 months later.I am not saying that DX100 wasn't good, i think is still the best out there, but not worth the price, and i didn't like the pop up sound wich i thought will damage my heaphones.
Anyway looking forward for  X3 SQ.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #2,388 of 3,613
Quote:

Sorry if you want to take a dicussion that way.
confused_face_2.gif

I guess I just read a little to much into your last post. My apologies friend you're entitled to your opinion so by all means express yourself
beerchug.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #2,389 of 3,613
No worries mate I'm actually enjoying the topic, would definitely like to take it further and will start a transport or all in one thread tonight.  Is there a way to do a vote on a thread?

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #2,390 of 3,613
Quote:
No worries mate I'm actually enjoying the topic, would definitely like to take it further and will start a transport or all in one thread tonight.  Is there a way to do a vote on a thread?

Only OP can add a poll but you guys if you want can just say, EVERYONE SAY "AYE" and what not.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2,391 of 3,613
I was thinking to start a new thread myself, and then based on the response i would shoot the discussion out to a few audio companies, as i said i do like the idea as a product and if someone can do it to what the community wants it would be excellent, it may take 1 or even 2 years for someone getting a product out but even if nothing comes of it it definitely makes for an interesting topic.  Hearing the views of  more technically minded (i consider myself technically apt but the stuff clies, qsup etc post at is on another level) is excellent.

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #2,396 of 3,613
Quote:
Release date? December 2012 maybe? Any new specs yet,file support?

I'd rather they not announce a release date to be honest. I want it to come when it comes. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #2,397 of 3,613
I agree ^. It'll make things easier if I know what to buy myself for Christmas.

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #2,399 of 3,613
yea I wonder how it will stack up to the C3 and RooCoo P it looks to have the edge on outputs but SQ and UI well that will remain to be seen.  If better kill a sans Fuse with a LOD or it will need the digital out to compete.  Holds out hope for pre Christmas's reviews.

R-

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #2,400 of 3,613
Quote:
yea I wonder how it will stack up to the C3 and RooCoo P it looks to have the edge on outputs but SQ and UI well that will remain to be seen.  If better kill a sans Fuse with a LOD or it will need the digital out to compete.  Holds out hope for pre Christmas's reviews.

R-

I have got a feeling that if done right fiio can really pull this off, Itll have more power than the c3 im sure and a lot more features, ill be getting one after the first batch of people get them (just to make sure its not catosrophic lol) and quite possibly will do a comparative, as right now this is the only thing that has my attention other than the c3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back