The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 17, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #3,542 of 9,972
  Availability for the X3 2nd Gen is like a roller coaster.   Finally I was able to place an order on Amazon with Prime shipping (Pitbull Audio), they only had 5 in stock this past Friday.  Got it delivered today (yes USPS delivered it on Sunday!!). But now it is only available by another 3rd party seller but at $299!!!

First impression: packaging was really nice, DAP feels solid high quality.  My main problem now is formatting the 128GB I have with the player and copying all the songs again (3 hours).  It looks like it didn't like the FAT32 format done by Acronis Disk Director, had the same issue with a 64GB card.

Put the card(s) in the X3 and format it from the settings menu.

May 17, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #3,544 of 9,972
I have had the X3 2nd gen for about a week now and am really enjoying it as a USB DAC connected to the iMac/itunes etc. I have a 128GB card on the way so haven't used it stand alone yet.

My question is how do you get the music on the card (in an organised manner), or does it not have to be organised? Do I just format it and then grab a 120GB chunk of my itunes media and drag and drop?

I have searched this thread and googled it and yes even read the "complete" X3 user guide which bizarrely doesn't explain how to transfer music on to it (that I could see). It just assumes you already have music on your card.

I am coming from the fiio E17 used as a USB DAC with the imac/speakers and a couple of ipods with headphones so am just used to syncing with itunes etc.

Any tips or links to media management would be much appreciated.

Cheers

May 17, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #3,545 of 9,972
Originally Posted by hally45 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My question is how do you get the music on the card (in an organised manner), or does it not have to be organised? Do I just format it and then grab a 120GB chunk of my itunes media and drag and drop?

I use MediaMonkey to organize and transfer to the X3.  It's somewhat similar to iTunes.

May 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #3,547 of 9,972

I use MediaMonkey to organize and transfer to the X3.  It's somewhat similar to iTunes.

Thanks! I'll check it out, and just to clarify, if you don't have a 3rd party app such as this do you just drag and drop a few folder over to the card? I'm still a bit gobsmacked the user manual doesn't talk about it...

May 17, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #3,548 of 9,972
  Thanks! I'll check it out, and just to clarify, if you don't have a 3rd party app such as this do you just drag and drop a few folder over to the card? I'm still a bit gobsmacked the user manual doesn't talk about it...

Yes, if you have an iTunes library you can go to the folder and just drag over to the X3 memory card.  Then you just update the media library from system settings, depending on if you have it set to auto or manual.

May 17, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #3,553 of 9,972
James are there more on the way? These seem to be sold out.

yes, the new batch are available for our distributors/agents right now. still need time to delivery all the order. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 17, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3,554 of 9,972
hi all, i'm seeking some advice...

i've been following the development and release of the x3 since it was announced, and i've considered buying it.  i've had some gaps in my audio hardware and i've been getting by with an ipod touch for on-the-go and mobile listening.  while i have no doubt about the audio improvements the x3 has over the touch, i love the user interface of the apple touchscreen device, its sleek profile, and its easy interplay with itunes (where i keep my music).

i am not a 'power user' - no playlists, mixes, etc... i simply like to drag and drop whole albums, and listen to in entirety.  

for those coming from an idevices (especially the touch/phone), any regrets with the x3 (or x1)?  

with the x3, is it as simple as going into itunes library (via finder) and dragging the album folder over to the x3, which i assume will appear like an external drive on the desktop?

any other pro/cons coming from an itouch/phone?  

(basically, i either keep the touch and get a dac/amp - like an e17k - that i can also use for my laptop, or i ditch the touch and get an x3, which can be a dap and a dac for my laptop).

THANKS!!!!

May 17, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #3,555 of 9,972

Users who are viewing this thread

Back