The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 12, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #1,816 of 9,972
I got a Fiio X3 ii myself yesterday at Headphoneshop here in Toronto. Great place and service there.
Now trying to find proper gel caps for my new Havi B3 pro1 IEMs. So far, no success, and my basic JVC IEMs sound much better.
Overall, I find the Fiio is great and powerful.

For B3P1 get JVC spiral dot tips (from eBay) and thank me later :wink:

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #1,817 of 9,972
I got my Somic headphones from them, the only other purchase I have ever done through Aliexpress so I should be good to go. It is a weird bug. I can't put the X3 Gen 2 in my cart either. It just hangs like it wants to but it doesn't. I messaged fiio reps and they sent a message back saying click on buy now.

That would be great if I could. It just hangs and does not let me actually buy now.

Is it possible they have reached the limit of the 200 they have on hand so it's not letting the order go through?

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,818 of 9,972
Is it possible they have reached the limit of the 200 they have on hand so it's not letting the order go through?

It don't look like it.  If you look, there is a number next to where you enter the quantity you want to order.  As of this message it says 128, when I ordered mine it said 193.

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #1,819 of 9,972
Can u use the x1 dignis case for the x3 II? Since x3 II is just slightly thicker than x1, maybe resulting in a slightly tighter fit?

Am going to guess no. The X1 is 14.1 mm thick, and the X3 2nd is 16.1 mm. Assuming the X1 case is designed to fit relatively snugly, 2 mm would be a streeeeetch, to say the least. @nmatheis, can you confirm fit with the X5 case you have?

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,820 of 9,972

This was going on since I logged on 3 days ago and tried. Been trying ever since. What makes no sense to me is how I can check out or buy any of the other products on Aliexpress but not the one I actually want to buy. Lol.

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,821 of 9,972
Am going to guess no. The X1 is 14.1 mm thick, and the X3 2nd is 16.1 mm. Assuming the X1 case is designed to fit relatively snugly, 2 mm would be a streeeeetch, to say the least. @nmatheis
, can you confirm fit with the X5 case you have?

The Dignis cases I've got fit quite snugly. I can't imagine them stretching that much. Just get the right case from the start. If you don't want to order direct from Dignis in Korea, just wait until they're on Amazon.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,822 of 9,972
For B3P1 get JVC spiral dot tips (from eBay) and thank me later
wink.gif

Ordered.
Thanks right now.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,823 of 9,972
For B3P1 get JVC spiral dot tips (from eBay) and thank me later
wink.gif

Just ordered some Spinfits and Spiral Dots. Gonna have a tip-rolling party at some point soon.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #1,824 of 9,972
Hi all. First post on here....I currently own the X1 which developed a fault. My question is do I spend the refund plus a litte more on the new X3 ii or a new X1 plus an E11k amp. I was happy with the sound quality of the X1 but am unsure if the amp would improve the quality beyond that of the X3 without an amp. Hope that makes sense

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #1,825 of 9,972
Hi all. First post on here....I currently own the X1 which developed a fault. My question is do I spend the refund plus a litte more on the new X3 ii or a new X1 plus an E11k amp. I was happy with the sound quality of the X1 but am unsure if the amp would improve the quality beyond that of the X3 without an amp. Hope that makes sense

Only my opinion, but I would go with the new X3. Sound quality will surpass both the solo X1 and combo X1+E11K. Another advantage over the X1+E11K combo is pocketability of the X3, in addition to having a DAC for listening to music or for gaming with your PC.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #1,826 of 9,972
On that note...can those who own previous FiiO products comment on their durability? I have pre-ordered an x3-2 from TREOO.com .It will be my first experience with FiiO. From what I have read so far, I am very excited to receive it.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #1,827 of 9,972
On that note...can those who own previous FiiO products comment on their durability? I have pre-ordered an x3-2 from TREOO.com .It will be my first experience with FiiO. From what I have read so far, I am very excited to receive it.

FiiO build quality is always top notch with very resistant materials. It's safe to say its products to last for a long time.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #1,828 of 9,972
Thanks ^^ I was leaning towards the new X3. Shame there's no discount offer for those looking to upgrade from the X1 (only X3 ). In response to build quality...great. UI is basic but I'd rather my money went on SQ development. The only niggle is the scroll wheel is eratic and doesn't always corospond with the curser...A minor flaw which is easy to forgive.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,829 of 9,972
Thanks ^^ I was leaning towards the new X3. Shame there's no discount offer for those looking to upgrade from the X1 (only X3 ). In response to build quality...great. UI is basic but I'd rather my money went on SQ development. The only niggle is the scroll wheel is eratic and doesn't always corospond with the curser...A minor flaw which is easy to forgive.

From what I've heard from X5 owners, the X3ii scroll wheel is a great improvement over other models, and I certainly found it sturdy and effective when I reviewed one of the pre-production units (bar the occasional "skip"). My experience with the X3i UI is also that Fiio is constantly working on improving firmware, which includes both UI and SQ enhancements. I see no reason why this would change going forward.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #1,830 of 9,972
Fiio products are solid!

I earlier commented that the X3's 2nd generation users would not experience the 5800 track limit some of the other Fiio DAPs have. I got my signals crossed somewhere because the new X3 does currently have the 5800 track limit in its earliest firmware. However, I have complete confidence that Fiio will break down the 5800 track limit just as they have with the X5 and original X3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back