The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 11, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,787 of 9,972
Interesting. Should I consider the E12? I have an E17, but it puts out about the same amount of power as the x3 itself.

I was told in a topic I made asking about headphones and amps that there really wouldn't be much point to using an E17 with the X3ii and that if I had headphones that needed more than the X3ii can handle I'd need an E12 or better. (http://www.head-fi.org/t/761341/first-dive-into-higher-quality-headphones-some-confusion-with-low-impedance-vs-high-w-amp)

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #1,788 of 9,972
I really appreciate, Fiio gives the opportunity to old X3 owners to make their own decision whether they upgrade or not, basically for free...

This is a brave, self-confident and buyer respecting offer.

A sign, they think in long term company building, not short term rip off...
Applause for Fiio. Well done and thank you! :wink:

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,789 of 9,972
@bestula How is the upgrade for free?
Still need to pay at least $160.

Nothing bad about the offer FiiO gives us. I did order one myself (at least when it's gets the thumbs up from FiiO @ AliExpress). Just dont see how this is 'free'. Great discount it is certainly.

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #1,790 of 9,972
The price adjustment takes time because we review the documents during office hours. In a few hours we'll also be leaving for the weekend so expect any orders placed after that to sit until next Monday China time before they are adjusted
redface.gif

Hi @Joe Bloggs, I think the workaround that was presented to me by the guys at Aliexpress still won't work. I've been told to add to the cart via AliExpress in what I presume is Russia (based on the characters the menus have). The problem really is the Aliexpress checkout being banned for WA state residents. Am I pretty much out of luck or can I somehow beam Paypal funds instead? Maybe even use the checkout at the Fiio store somehow?

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #1,791 of 9,972
What case would be more worth while to get Dignis or the leather Fiio? I'm not particularly a fan of silicon cases for the lint and friction issues. Also i got a email from Minidisc saying they should have stock of the x3 around wednesday next week so hopefully i can get some photos up by friday.

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #1,793 of 9,972
Fiio cases are synthetic leather. Dignis cases are genuine leather. Their prices reflect this difference. I've owned both brands of cases for my X5. Both are fine for what you pay, but in the end I've stuck with the Dignis case.

Where can I purchase a Dignis case? Are they just on Amazon, or do they have a website?

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #1,795 of 9,972

Here is a link to the X3ii case on Dignis website: http://dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=94&cate_no=1&display_group=3

Fantastic! Order done. Appreciate the help.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #1,797 of 9,972
What color did you get? I've got a brown one for my X5 and a super-Awesomesauce orange case for my DX90.

No awesome sauce available for X3ii yet. Got brown for now, but may get a burgundy at a later date.

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #1,799 of 9,972

Users who are viewing this thread

Back