The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 26, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #6,646 of 7,793
Hi there,

Just bought myself a x1. Awesome blue color.

Loving the player. Noticed one review saying it sounds much better with the line out (though other reviews says differently) n maybe its because of my headphones but Im getting the same thing. Got it hooked up to a ext amp n made the sound quality go up a notch.

Also I got a clear hard case in my packaging n was wondering if it's new since many say they get a silicone case. But when I checked the scratched number it confirms a genuine product.

Nyway here's a pic

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #6,647 of 7,793
Hi there,

Just bought myself a x1. Awesome blue color.

Loving the player. Noticed one review saying it sounds much better with the line out (though other reviews says differently) n maybe its because of my headphones but Im getting the same thing. Got it hooked up to a ext amp n made the sound quality go up a notch.

Also I got a clear hard case in my packaging n was wondering if it's new since many say they get a silicone case. But when I checked the scratched number it confirms a genuine product.

Nyway here's a pic

Looks very nice! Fiio is no longer including the silicone case with any of it's DAPs because of too many complaints of a bad smell from it. Other people didn't like the silicone because it attracts alot of lint and dust so Fiio now includes the hard plastic case and only the newer ones have the plastic case included.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #6,648 of 7,793
  Sorry castleofargh, I just read your post asking about my IEMs  (I was reading and answering the comments that I got an email for....i guess those are only the ones that quoted me). I will only use IEMs for this player. Also when I'm riding or running, I basically turn it on and let it play....the only adjustments that I make are an occasional skip a song, or repeat a song.....usually nothing else. As I mentioned before, when i turn the player on the next day, I want it to return to where it left off. I have an assortment of IEMs, including:   sony xba-3, fidue a71, monster turbine, shure scl3,  klipsch image X10, klipsch image X5, ttpod T1, velodyne vPulse, mee A161P, audeo pfe 112, westone adventure alpha, sennheiser mx580, vmoda remix, soundmagic e30, sony mdr-nc020
I'm a bargain hunter. Most of these IEMs were bought because they seemed to get good reviews and were a bargain price at the time. I hope that I can find that, at least one of these, will perform well with whichever player I end up buying.

JK1, I would like to make a purchase in time to get the player by about April......that's when I'll start using it....so, I have a little time to decide. Also I'm not too sure that I understand the impact of that fact that "The Xduoo X2 browses only by folders." I assume that means that I can't hunt for a particular song? That would seem to be quite a disadvantage if you can't see the songs in a particular folder. From my description in the first paragraph, features aren't too important for what this player will be used for.......size, and, quality of sound and construction are(I don't want a cheap piece of junk).

I forgot, one feature I would like is a custom equilizer.

no problem, it's a forum and we're not all 24/7 online ^_^. but yeah you have many "not too expensive" IEMs (just like me), the good part is that you can be sure that at least some of your stuff will be perfectly fine with all the DAPs. at this point my suggestion would be to just go get a M3 through amazon and find out if you make some instant deal breaker discovery. if you can't stand it for some reason you just send it back and that's it.
given how you don't seem to care much for the UI for your use, I would focus on the potential hiss with some IEMs. the rest will most likely be ok, and long battery is something we can really get used to.
resume has been a setting you can turn ON/OFF on FIIO DAPs for a long time now, so I would bet it's also on the M3, but you'll need someone who has one to confirm.
the X1 is likely to work fine with almost everything, but for simple on the move usage for someone who used small stuff like a sansa, it might look a little big. it's in that strange place where it's small compared to audiophile bricks, but still big compared to small consumer DAPs of the early 2000.

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #6,649 of 7,793
  Sorry castleofargh, I just read your post asking about my IEMs  (I was reading and answering the comments that I got an email for....i guess those are only the ones that quoted me). I will only use IEMs for this player. Also when I'm riding or running, I basically turn it on and let it play....the only adjustments that I make are an occasional skip a song, or repeat a song.....usually nothing else. As I mentioned before, when i turn the player on the next day, I want it to return to where it left off. I have an assortment of IEMs, including:   sony xba-3, fidue a71, monster turbine, shure scl3,  klipsch image X10, klipsch image X5, ttpod T1, velodyne vPulse, mee A161P, audeo pfe 112, westone adventure alpha, sennheiser mx580, vmoda remix, soundmagic e30, sony mdr-nc020
I'm a bargain hunter. Most of these IEMs were bought because they seemed to get good reviews and were a bargain price at the time. I hope that I can find that, at least one of these, will perform well with whichever player I end up buying.

JK1, I would like to make a purchase in time to get the player by about April......that's when I'll start using it....so, I have a little time to decide. Also I'm not too sure that I understand the impact of that fact that "The Xduoo X2 browses only by folders." I assume that means that I can't hunt for a particular song? That would seem to be quite a disadvantage if you can't see the songs in a particular folder. From my description in the first paragraph, features aren't too important for what this player will be used for.......size, and, quality of sound and construction are(I don't want a cheap piece of junk).

I forgot, one feature I would like is a custom equilizer.

The Xduoo X2 and X3 only browse by folders, which means you can look through folders to find what song you want to play, however if you don't know which subfolder a certain song is in you can't get a list of all the songs on the player alphabetically the way you can with a player that has a database. Those who tend to play an album at a time, and who have a folder for each artist and a subfolder for each album won't mind having only folder browsing. 

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #6,651 of 7,793
Jan 26, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #6,652 of 7,793
Thanks to those that gave their advice/explanations.......I appreciate it. Although I have more insight, I still haven't made a final decision. I'm considering the Fiio M3, Xduoo X2 and X3. Also, I've seen comments here on head-fi concerning the Seiun player (hi-res audio)....its available through crowdfunding. Something that I'm not too familiar with, so more research is necessary. The player sounds good for my purposes, but its hard to find out about it, other than what the producers say. Since its brand new, it will probably have glitches.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #6,654 of 7,793

Looks very nice! Fiio is no longer including the silicone case with any of it's DAPs because of too many complaints of a bad smell from it. Other people didn't like the silicone because it attracts alot of lint and dust so Fiio now includes the hard plastic case and only the newer ones have the plastic case included.

Hi,

Good to know. The hard-case is alright, but it kind of leaves the front of the player exposed. I guess can use the stickers to cover the front.

The player is on firmware 1.5 but when I checked the website it says there's a new firmware 1.6. Seems like the player is stable enough for my use. And the update doesn't look to have any new features.... Should I upgrade? 

Thanks2.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #6,655 of 7,793
I hope Fiio increases the maximum standby time on the next X1 firmware to something more reasonable. Perhaps half an hour? Only 8 minutes maximum is very annoying. I keep having to reboot the player when I take a break.

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #6,656 of 7,793
  I hope Fiio increases the maximum standby time on the next X1 firmware to something more reasonable. Perhaps half an hour? Only 8 minutes maximum is very annoying. I keep having to reboot the player when I take a break.

+1

Literally just a minute ago my X1 said "See you" after I took it off for a bit (8 minutes, I guess -- pretty sure I have set to the max).... seems odd to be that short.  I'd expect something on the minimum of 30 minutes as a max??

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #6,657 of 7,793
  ​
+1

Literally just a minute ago my X1 said "See you" after I took it off for a bit (8 minutes, I guess -- pretty sure I have set to the max).... seems odd to be that short.  I'd expect something on the minimum of 30 minutes as a max??

Having the maximum standby time of 8 minutes is especially annoying since the player takes some time to boot up. I had to reboot it several times today due to the short standby time. Some might find the short standby time time so annoying that they disable auto shutoff. After doing that though one can easily forget to turn off the player and completely deplete the battery. Some players with longer battery life have an hour as the maximum standby time. Since the X1 only has around 10 or 11 hours of battery life though, having 30 minutes as the maximum standby time seems reasonable. I have no idea why they chose 8 minutes as the maximum standby time. 

I hope Fiio also adds crossfeed to its players that is adjustable and able to be disabled(for those who don't want to use it).

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #6,658 of 7,793
  Hi,

Good to know. The hard-case is alright, but it kind of leaves the front of the player exposed. I guess can use the stickers to cover the front.

The player is on firmware 1.5 but when I checked the website it says there's a new firmware 1.6. Seems like the player is stable enough for my use. And the update doesn't look to have any new features.... Should I upgrade? 

Thanks2.

Does the wheel scroll ok...I think 1.6 is the fw that really improved the accuracy of the scroll wheel so you might want to check it out for that reason. As for cases all I know about is a flip case Fiio makes for it http://fiio.net/en/products/35#LC-X1 I prefer the silicone but they don't offer that anymore.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #6,659 of 7,793
I'm going to take a chance on the Seiun player, but I'm also going to buy the Fiio M3 (I liked the power of the Xduoo X2, but everything else pointed to the M3).

I could use some advice on the seller from which I should buy. Usually I would buy from Amazon. I have to pay sales tax there, so I may look elsewhere. Can someone educate me on buying from other sellers (especially the foreign ones)?.........reliability, time, price, and anything else that I should be aware of.

Two foreign sellers that I've seen are Aliexpress and Tomtop. Two U.S. sellers are Parts Express and Pitbull Audio. I assume that their advantage over foreign sources is the  time to get the item. Are any/all of these good? Any others that should be considered?

If cost is pretty much the same, I will probably stay with Amazon (mainly because of their return policy and piece of mind)........but, I would still like to know about alternative sources, and what to watch out for. Has anyone had a bad experience with any sellers?

I apologize for my offtopic post, but several people have helped me here and I didn't want to explain everything again in another forum. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #6,660 of 7,793
Firmware 1.61 beta is available for Fiio X1 at http://www.fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41073 as follows:

Beta firmware version 1.61beta for the X1 isnow available!

Download link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s63qy2xcsj1dthr/X1_FW1.61Beta.zip?dl=0

After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

Stable firmware can be found here: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39932

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.61beta compared to FW1.6:
1. Added support for ReplayGain;
2. Added library search function: activate by holding Shortcuts button in any category or folder browsing screen; use previous / next buttons to switch between numbers and alphabet).
3. Increased USB storage transfer speeds (≥8MB/s);
4. Added Recently Played playlist (via Play by Category);
5. Added option to delete a track (outside of Now Playing);
6. Added option to manually clear media library database file (via System Settings);
7. Optimized UI operation and speed;
8. Amended user interface in Play by Category;
9. Added play mode: play single track and stop
10. Fixed issue where some ID3 tag info could not be read correctly;
11. Fixed issue with hidden files stored by a Mac OS computer accessing the cards on the X1;
12. Fixed issue with syncing timed lyrics to song position;
13. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Note:
In the process of updating to FW1.61beta, only Favorites and internal playlist data will be retained--settings and media library database will be reset. If downgrading from FW1.44beta to older firmware, settings and media library database will also be reset.

Looking forward to your feedback.

<EDIT> I just found a new thread for this here at Head-fi at http://www.head-fi.org/t/751039/official-fiio-x1-beta-firmware-download-and-discussion-thread-fw1-61-added-replaygain-and-library-search-function. Sorry for the duplication... </EDIT>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back