The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Feb 5, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #6,677 of 7,793
My Fiio X1 was able to play music for about 10 hours when I aquired it. Six months later I'm down to 5.5 hours. Both times started with a full charge. Has anyone else had a battery problem?

If it's under warranty I would get it replaced. Mine lasts abou 10 hours.

I haven't seen pics of anyone taking apart their x1 and swapping the battery yet.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #6,680 of 7,793
I use mine on LO most of the time and haven't noticed any worse battery than on headphones mode.

I run both my X1 and X3ii periodically at about 25% lo and 75% ho. Occasionally 90% lo ( run it in my car ) I haven't seen a difference in run time. I suspect even with lo it physically routes around the amp as opposed to shutting down that curcuit. Next long car trip I'll try turning the volume down to "0" and see what that does. Needless to say it doesn't effect line signal strength.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #6,681 of 7,793
I run both my X1 and X3ii periodically at about 25% lo and 75% ho. Occasionally 90% lo ( run it in my car ) I haven't seen a difference in run time. I suspect even with lo it physically routes around the amp as opposed to shutting down that curcuit. Next long car trip I'll try turning the volume down to "0" and see what that does. Needless to say it doesn't effect line signal strength.

If having volume turned up while LO is on makes a difference in power consumption that would be interesting to note. I turn my volume to 0 when I use LO just because it's weird to have a volume number next to the LO icon.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #6,682 of 7,793
If having volume turned up while LO is on makes a difference in power consumption that would be interesting to note. I turn my volume to 0 when I use LO just because it's weird to have a volume number next to the LO icon.

Makes since, but yep it's odd. But since I use lo mainly in my car ( lo - Topping Nx1 or Fiio A3 amp - aux in - low level out to amp - to speakers ) cab with top down, freeway speeds or so. Once its selected I never look at it. Sounds like I'll be paying attention for awhile!

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #6,683 of 7,793
I have never gotten a real sense for my X1's battery life, to be honest. By the time the battery is so low i need to charge it, i already would have updated my music on it 5 times, and left it plugged in long enough each time to max out the battery, or get close
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #6,684 of 7,793
I have never gotten a real sense for my X1's battery life, to be honest. By the time the battery is so low i need to charge it, i already would have updated my music on it 5 times, and left it plugged in long enough each time to max out the battery, or get close :)

I find I push them to about 8 hours before I worry. Keeping in mind I use them for audio books as well so there are days I run one all day or as I say longer car trips. I travel from the San Jose area in Ca to northern Ca every couple of months ( ageing parent ) so depending on traffic it's 6 to 8 hours depending on traffic. So I run them pretty hard most the time. But I've never run one out, just doesn't feel right.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #6,685 of 7,793
I find I push them to about 8 hours before I worry. Keeping in mind I use them for audio books as well so there are days I run one all day or as I say longer car trips. I travel from the San Jose area in Ca to northern Ca every couple of months ( ageing parent ) so depending on traffic it's 6 to 8 hours depending on traffic. So I run them pretty hard most the time. But I've never run one out, just doesn't feel right.

Mine run from 100% to zero in 9 and a half hours. Volume 70.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #6,686 of 7,793
Mine run from 100% to zero in 9 and a half hours. Volume 70.
'
That sounds about right. I just am not comfortable pushing beyond that 8 hour mark or indeed running to zero. Part of that comes from running Lipo's and Life's in little radio controled trucks amd having damaged a few. I know battery chemistry improves all the time. Also the charge discharge cycle on the Fiio is more gentle and linear but I guess It's still an emperic issue with me. Vol at 70 you must be running Havi's or Puro's.

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #6,687 of 7,793
'
That sounds about right. I just am not comfortable pushing beyond that 8 hour mark or indeed running to zero. Part of that comes from running Lipo's and Life's in little radio controled trucks amd having damaged a few. I know battery chemistry improves all the time. Also the charge discharge cycle on the Fiio is more gentle and linear but I guess It's still an emperic issue with me. Vol at 70 you must be running Havi's or Puro's.

Volume kinda depends actually...... 
Usually its around 45-75 depending on the song. Japanese songs have unusually high gain.

I dont know the specs on the Havis or Puros but im using Audio Technica CKR-9s at the moment. UE 600s died a while ago (lousy strain relief).
The ckr9s are 12 ohm with 109db/mw.

Am i listening too loud? 

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #6,688 of 7,793
Volume kinda depends actually...... 
Usually its around 45-75 depending on the song. Japanese songs have unusually high gain.

I dont know the specs on the Havis or Puros but im using Audio Technica CKR-9s at the moment. UE 600s died a while ago (lousy strain relief).
The ckr9s are 12 ohm with 109db/mw.

Am i listening too loud? 

Well, I just don't know. How a song is recorded makes a difference of course. I always equate it tow lower impedance ear phones. My Havi b3p1 and Puro 500 are hard to drive and require a bit more power ( normally I add an amp A3 ) but in a pinch volume does help. I do have the UE 600's and don't find require as much as these although it responds a bit more power than my other single ba earphones ( Phonak PFE, Polk, Sony ). Thst said noisy enviornment make harder too. End results though it may be, well probably is a bit high for extended listing. It's something you should pay attention to as hearing loss can occur so subtly it's accumulative and can be irreversable. It's jistmsomething to ne aware of as opppsed to worried.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #6,689 of 7,793
My FiiO X1 has alphabetically rearranged two St. Vincent albums I have.

On my PC and microSD card folder, it's arranged:

St. Vincent - St. Vincent
St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

However, on my Fiio X1, it's arranged:

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
Steely Dan - Aja
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life (Disc 1)
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life (Disc 2)
Still Corners - Strange Pleasures
St. Vincent - St. Vincent

It's not a big deal, but how can I fix this? Thanks in advance!

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #6,690 of 7,793
^Is it possible that one is St Vincent (no period) and one is St. Vincent?

You can use a program like Mp3tag to inspect the tags of the two albums and see if there are any differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back