The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Feb 8, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #6,691 of 7,793
  ^Is it possible that one is St Vincent (no period) and one is St. Vincent?

You can use a program like Mp3tag to inspect the tags of the two albums and see if there are any differences.

Also, and I don't know if this would take any effect in the Fiio, but your music program might have the 'album artist' and 'artist' as showing two different names or variation spelling of the artist... like what clee290 said.

My FiiO X1 has alphabetically rearranged two St. Vincent albums I have.

On my PC and microSD card folder, it's arranged:

St. Vincent - St. Vincent
St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

However, on my Fiio X1, it's arranged:

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
Steely Dan - Aja
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life (Disc 1)
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life (Disc 2)
Still Corners - Strange Pleasures
St. Vincent - St. Vincent

It's not a big deal, but how can I fix this? Thanks in advance!

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #6,692 of 7,793
Hi guys, can anyone tel me if Fiio X1 has better better dac section than Ipod Video 5th gen? Some people call it classic but technically Apple started calling them classic only from 6th gen. Just wanted to be clear. Ipod has WM87588g and X1 has PCM5142. I'm not bothered about amp section because, I will get an amp too.

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #6,693 of 7,793
Hi guys, can anyone tel me if Fiio X1 has better better dac section than Ipod Video 5th gen? Some people call it classic but technically Apple started calling them classic only from 6th gen. Just wanted to be clear. Ipod has WM87588g and X1 has PCM5142. I'm not bothered about amp section because, I will get an amp too.

On the paper, X1 has clearly better DAC, capable of playing hi rez files in 24/192. Subjectively, it's not so simple. Personally enjoy more the sound of the iPod Video playing alac, it's smoother and more musical, than flac on X1. X1 is cleaner and has more details, sounds IMHO more technical then iPod video.

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #6,694 of 7,793

I just noticed that you can also scroll with the next track button. You can spin the wheel while doing this, which makes it a bit faster.

This is what I mean by the manual comment. There isn't one yet I don't think other than the quick start guide. You end up messing around with controls in order to find out if there are things like this.

I actually didn't see the volume adjustment being available on the wheel in the quick start up booklet but much prefer it. Also, the wake up from lock screen can be changed via the settings. I now press the centre wheel to wake up. (As well as the side button) a long hold then brings up volume on the wheel.

I really do like the sound of this player though. The gentle roll off up top makes it into quite a mellow, grown up sounding player, with no brittleness which is really nice.

Where can you change the wakeup button to the centre wheel? I was looking in settings, but couldn't find it. Thanks!

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #6,695 of 7,793
Hi. You know, you got me wondering what I was saying now!!!

Go to System Settings/Key Lock Settings

Use the scroll wheel to select the middle or middle and bottom two.

When screen goes off, push and hold the middle button. The screen comes on.

When music is playing, push and hold the centre button and the volume comes up on the scroll wheel.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #6,696 of 7,793
Hi. You know, you got me wondering what I was saying now!!!

Go to System Settings/Key Lock Settings

Use the scroll wheel to select the middle or middle and bottom two.

When screen goes off, push and hold the middle button. The screen comes on.

When music is playing, push and hold the centre button and the volume comes up on the scroll wheel.

Thank you!

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #6,697 of 7,793
Does anyone know of headphones or seperate audio cables that have inline volume and mic control that actually works with the X1? The Apple EarPods pause/play button and rewind/fast forward function only works. I can't control the volume.

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #6,698 of 7,793
Does anyone know of headphones or seperate audio cables that have inline volume and mic control that actually works with the X1? The Apple EarPods pause/play button and rewind/fast forward function only works. I can't control the volume.

The user manual already said it supports only play/pause and forward/reverse, not volume.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #6,699 of 7,793
The user manual already said it supports only play/pause and forward/reverse, not volume.

Ohh okay.

I just got the Skullcandy Lowriders 2014 (i had no choice... I needed something that can collapse really small, be on ear, and have a mic/remote... And it has the removable cable. I want to find a better cable...)

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #6,700 of 7,793

Also, and I don't know if this would take any effect in the Fiio, but your music program might have the 'album artist' and 'artist' as showing two different names or variation spelling of the artist... like what clee290 said.

In response to your and clee290's post, the multi-quote feature isn't working for me for some reason, neither of your suggestions work. I looked both in the folder and on my FiiO X1, they're both typed as "St. Vincent." 

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #6,702 of 7,793
Which is better combination, x1+Q1 or x1+e11k?

Q1 will give you DAC functionality but the e11k will give you better sound quality as it has a better opamp

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #6,704 of 7,793
Am I the only person using the new beta firmware 1.61? :rolleyes:

Well, I am trying to use the new "Replay Gain" feature with no success. If anyone is interested in using this feature, I've posted additional details about my test in the thread about beta firmwares at http://www.head-fi.org/t/751039/official-fiio-x1-beta-firmware-download-and-discussion-thread-fw1-61-added-replaygain-and-library-search-function/105#post_12330857

:)

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #6,705 of 7,793
Am I the only person using the new beta firmware 1.61?
rolleyes.gif

Well, I am trying to use the new "Replay Gain" feature with no success. If anyone is interested in using this feature, I've posted additional details about my test in the thread about beta firmwares at http://www.head-fi.org/t/751039/official-fiio-x1-beta-firmware-download-and-discussion-thread-fw1-61-added-replaygain-and-library-search-function/105#post_12330857

smily_headphones1.gif

It cant detect any songs on my exfat card so i reverted back to 1.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back