The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Feb 10, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #6,707 of 7,793
Am I the only person using the new beta firmware 1.61? :rolleyes:

Well, I am trying to use the new "Replay Gain" feature with no success. If anyone is interested in using this feature, I've posted additional details about my test in the thread about beta firmwares at http://www.head-fi.org/t/751039/official-fiio-x1-beta-firmware-download-and-discussion-thread-fw1-61-added-replaygain-and-library-search-function/105#post_12330857

:)

Nope, I'm running also but I haven't tried the replay gain. Looked at it decided it wasn't neccary for my use. I will how ever give it a try and sew where it srands. Overall I haven't had any problems and I like how it's working.

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #6,709 of 7,793
  Is it normal that during the welcome screen, the unit is brightly lit for some 5 seconds, and suddenly dims down to a half, when the Fiio logo starts to show off? Haven't changed any of default brightness settings.

It is perfectly normal, the unit always boots at FULL brightness then it dims itself to your set brightness.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #6,710 of 7,793
  It is perfectly normal, the unit always boots at FULL brightness then it dims itself to your set brightness.

Thanks a lot. Feeling already better now, after worrying that my X1 might be fading away. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #6,711 of 7,793

Thanks a lot. Feeling already better now, after worrying that my X1 might be fading away. 
beerchug.gif

Always a pleasure to help a fellow head-fier in need XD

Feb 14, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #6,712 of 7,793
Can anyone recommend a decent 3.5mm male to 2-male rca adapter to use for line out from my X1 into my receiver?

I've spent way too much time on Amazon trying to find a compromise between the cheap-o units that either break, don't fit well, or aren't shielded properly and the high end units that are over-kill and have RCA plugs that are so tight they are hard to get on and off the RCA connectors on devices.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #6,713 of 7,793
  Can anyone recommend a decent 3.5mm male to 2-male rca adapter to use for line out from my X1 into my receiver?

I've spent way too much time on Amazon trying to find a compromise between the cheap-o units that either break, don't fit well, or aren't shielded properly and the high end units that are over-kill and have RCA plugs that are so tight they are hard to get on and off the RCA connectors on devices.

Thanks!

I've bought couple of these, which I am happily using ever since: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vention-3-5mm-Jack-to-2-RCA-Audio-Cable-2m/1693135484.html

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #6,714 of 7,793

Thanks!

Monoprice is your friend. That's if your in the US.

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #6,716 of 7,793
I still have thoughts of picking up another FiiO X1, (perhaps a black version)

X1 pairs so wonderfully with Sennheiser HD25.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #6,717 of 7,793
  I still have thoughts of picking up another FiiO X1, (perhaps a black version)

X1 pairs so wonderfully with Sennheiser HD25.

Say what now? 
So higher tier gear does not mean better SQ overall?

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #6,719 of 7,793
  Say what now? 
So higher tier gear does not mean better SQ overall?

Its a tricky question because from my experience higher 'price' does not always mean better sound, at least from my experience with tours, home auditions, and even some personal purchases. With home auditions or tours there are no strings attached, no money, no commitment or purchase bias, just your honest opinion on something. There have been times I've absolutely heard expensive rubbish and on the other side expensive treasures completely worth their value among all the brands out there. 

In the case of my X1 and H25 combo, its a great chillout rig for laying down at night and for sure, quite a nice sounding combination.

I preferred my HD25 with X1 over X3II and quite a few other players because, 'synergy'. That right there answers your original question. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back