The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #6,451 of 7,793
  I have no idea. it's easy to feel like there are patterns in randomness.

That is because true randomness is rather rare.With anything that has a real time clock though, the counter the clock uses to measure fractions of a second before the seconds counter is incremented could be used as a good seed for a random number generator.

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #6,452 of 7,793
Hi, all. Just got the FiiO X1 this morning and I've been unable to use it. I only have a 64 GB SanDisk card.

1. How do I add music?

2. I have 2 folders on the SD card, but the FiiO X1 says, "TF card not found. Please insert TF card." It also fails to format and updating the library manually it says, "0 song updated!"

How can I fix this? Thanks!

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #6,453 of 7,793
  Hi, all. Just got the FiiO X1 this morning and I've been unable to use it. I only have a 64 GB SanDisk card.

1. How do I add music?

2. I have 2 folders on the SD card, but the FiiO X1 says, "TF card not found. Please insert TF card." It also fails to format and updating the library manually it says, "0 song updated!"

How can I fix this? Thanks!

format the card somewhere else. try to get real fat32 and not just exfat (if on windows use something like guiformat.exe).

if that still doesn't get the card to be recognized by the X1, then I would guess than one of the 2 is damaged/bugged.

just in case, the card should be inserted upside down when you look at the front side of the fiio. and when it's in, no part of the card sticks out.

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #6,454 of 7,793
I figured out my problem! I had the SD card only halfway inserted!
angry_face.gif
It shows I've never used an SD card before! I figured it out before I read your post, castle.

One question: if I upgrade the firmware, then format the FiiO, do I have to upgrade the firmware again? I know the songs get deleted.

Thanks, castle!

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #6,455 of 7,793
  I figured out my problem! I had the SD card only halfway inserted!
angry_face.gif
It shows I've never used an SD card before! I figured it out before I read your post, castle.

One question: if I upgrade the firmware, then format the FiiO, do I have to upgrade the firmware again? I know the songs get deleted.

Thanks, castle!

I trust you meant to ask if formatting the µsd card will format the X1 too. the answer is no ^_^. there is an internal memory on the X1 that stores the firmware updates, what's on the µsd after it's done is irrelevant and you can format the card as much as you want.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #6,457 of 7,793
hi guys in your opinion what is the best solution for portability between:

Fiio M3 + Q1 or A3 (e11k)
Fiio X1 + Q1 or A3 (e11k)
Ipod/Phone + Q1

With AKG 550 - Vmoda m-80, and i listen pop music.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #6,458 of 7,793
Hi everyone,

I just got my new x1 for two weeks and I am starting to have stuttering problems. I know there are someone else posting about similar issues but I didn't find it really resolved; at least it seems everyone is experiencing slightly different scenarios. So I'd still like to ask for your suggestions/insights!

To make it simple:
I am having occasionally stuttering (one pause) or series of stuttering (several quick pauses) on some of my flac/wave tracks. These are tracks from different albums and the stuttering does not always happen on the same track. I am using Transcend 32 GB premium microSDHC card (class 10). The problematic tracks are stored in .wave files or .flac files  (44.1kHz/16 bit). The .wave files are converted from .flac using foobar 2000. The firmware is FW1.6. There are still 16 GB space left on SD card. I didn't have the rubber cover on so the temperature should be non-related. There is no stuttering problem with normal or high-res mp3 files. 

Researches done:
I read one post on Fiio's forum saying there might be something to do with the player trying to play .wave as compressed format. Since my stuttering problems happen with both .wave and .flac files, I would agree with that to some extent: the stuttering has something to do with both the files and the way X1 decodes/decompresses the file. 

I read another post saying downgrading the FW to 1.3 or 1.4 resolves the problems. Haven't tried that yet because I don't want to reload my SD card right now :)

So that's the summary of my problem. Sorry I don't know much about lossless format, DAP or the hi-fi world in general so please correct me if I said anything naive or unintentionally offensive.

BTW other than the stuttering problem I am extremely happy with the player. It's compact, extendable; it sounds good and has a reasonable battery life. The UI is good enough for me at least. And the price is un-beatable.

Edit: sometimes restarting the player solves the problem, for a short while. Though it sounds a little silly that the player requires restarting from time to time to clear up the "memory" or "process" right?

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #6,459 of 7,793
1. So I upgraded the firmware - what are the perils if I do not delete the firmware off the micro SD card itself?

2. I'm looking at the rubber case around the FiiO X1, why didn't the company cut out a hole for the micro SD card insertion? For fear of it popping out? Any explanations for this decision making? Thanks in advance.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #6,460 of 7,793
1. You can delete the firmware off your sd card after update. 

2. I think you might be right. Since the sd card slot does not have a cover, the rubber case might just protect it from dirt or moisture. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #6,461 of 7,793
When I used my old Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, for some reason, the volume would be severely diminished even at the max. I would have to push on the stereo plug to get the "full sound," if that makes any sense. It's as if it's not fully connected to the FiiO.

I purchased a new pair and I'm still getting the same problem! I used the Pro for my old iPod with no problem. What gives? How can I fix this using the same pair of headphones? I got the new pair of 280s from Amazon, by the way. Thanks in advance.

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #6,462 of 7,793
  When I used my old Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, for some reason, the volume would be severely diminished even at the max. I would have to push on the stereo plug to get the "full sound," if that makes any sense. It's as if it's not fully connected to the FiiO.

I purchased a new pair and I'm still getting the same problem! I used the Pro for my old iPod with no problem. What gives? How can I fix this using the same pair of headphones? I got the new pair of 280s from Amazon, by the way. Thanks in advance.

The Fiio X1 is like Sandisk Clip players in that the headphone jack is very tight when it is new, and a bit of force while rotating the plug is needed to get it fully inserted.

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #6,465 of 7,793
Hello, I have a new X1 but the center button of it is a bit lose.
Is there any way to fix this?

How loose? On mine the center button is easier to press than the other buttons, and it doesn't seem to move down as much, however I wouldn't call it loose. It seems like it was designed this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back