The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 2, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #6,422 of 7,793
Has anyone here had trouble with the X1 wheel sticking, and if so, how was it remedied? I haven't heard anyone say their wheel started sticking, however I did have trouble with the wheel sticking on my Sandisk Fuze.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #6,423 of 7,793
what file type does the x1 handle best? 

I've kinda noticed some AAC (or mp3) songs don't really song as good vs on my iPod, or, 
could that just be a preference? and i just need to "break in" the sound signature?

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #6,424 of 7,793
So those seven bands cover the complete spectrum? I don't think it works that way.

No, of course it doesn't, but have you tried it?

It's often a trick used on the x3 and 5, except they reduce the volume automatically, so no need to move the sliders.

A reduction of say 2 or 3 DBPower all round for the car, might stop clipping and I doubt whether a car system exceeds those limits. I also doubt whether the car speakers are flat in any case.

I'd rather have no clipping than worry about the absolute fidelity of a car system, myself. Of course, if you prefer a perfect response with clipping, well ........... :rolleyes:

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #6,426 of 7,793
No, of course it doesn't, but have you tried it?

It's often a trick used on the x3 and 5, except they reduce the volume automatically, so no need to move the sliders.

A reduction of say 2 or 3 DBPower all round for the car, might stop clipping and I doubt whether a car system exceeds those limits. I also doubt whether the car speakers are flat in any case.

I'd rather have no clipping than worry about the absolute fidelity of a car system, myself. Of course, if you prefer a perfect response with clipping, well ...........
rolleyes.gif

I don't have a car, so its all good.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #6,428 of 7,793
Can anyone think of a reason that I'd have some static/poor quality audio while using my X1's Line Out in my car with an 1/8" auxiliary input? If I switch to regular headphone output the audio quality is better. Is it possible the line out signal from the X1 is too powerful for my car setup?

Here's the original question that I was answering!

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #6,430 of 7,793
I said several weeks ago that I wasn't going to buy the X1 due to the short battery life, however the M3 was delayed, and the X1 went on sale for $80 with a free 32GB card, so I couldn't resist buying it since I was so curious about it.

I updated to the 1.6 firmware. Is there a way to quickly get back to the now playing screen from anywhere else? 

So far I am neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed by it. I guess the M3, M5, and perhaps also M1 might be more suitable for me. When I bought the X1 I decided it would be for home use. It is rather heavy to keep in a shirt pocket.

Does the card need to be removed to do a firmware update, or can the firmware be transfered to the card when it is in the player?

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #6,431 of 7,793
I said several weeks ago that I wasn't going to buy the X1 due to the short battery life, however the M3 was delayed, and the X1 went on sale for $80 with a free 32GB card, so I couldn't resist buying it since I was so curious about it.

I updated to the 1.6 firmware. Is there a way to quickly get back to the now playing screen from anywhere else? 

So far I am neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed by it. I guess the M3, M5, and perhaps also M1 might be more suitable for me. When I bought the X1 I decided it would be for home use. It is rather heavy to keep in a shirt pocket.

Does the card need to be removed to do a firmware update, or can the firmware be transfered to the card when it is in the player?

You need to transfer the x1.fw file to the card first. There is no internal memory.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #6,433 of 7,793
Oh, that accounts for your post then! :wink:

You're not from the naughty forum that can't be named are you? They've suddenly started to try to become friendly? :eek:

Just that simple thing is scary to me. Actually 'trying' to be friendly is creepy........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back