The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #6,437 of 7,793

No, but the guy asking was connecting to his car and he has distortion!!!

Have you read the posts?

I try not to read any posts here.

I confess your last 2 posts made me laugh, but I've been said to have a weird sens of humor.

right after the "I don't have a car" post(we had a TV add for coffee like that some years back^_^), this post could be seen as a lethal double tap.

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #6,439 of 7,793
I said several weeks ago that I wasn't going to buy the X1 due to the short battery life, however the M3 was delayed, and the X1 went on sale for $80 with a free 32GB card, so I couldn't resist buying it since I was so curious about it.

I updated to the 1.6 firmware. Is there a way to quickly get back to the now playing screen from anywhere else? 

So far I am neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed by it. I guess the M3, M5, and perhaps also M1 might be more suitable for me. When I bought the X1 I decided it would be for home use. It is rather heavy to keep in a shirt pocket.

Does the card need to be removed to do a firmware update, or can the firmware be transfered to the card when it is in the player?
From where did you get the X1 for 80$,that too with a 32 gb card.
Thats an amazing value.

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #6,440 of 7,793
From where did you get the X1 for 80$,that too with a 32 gb card.
Thats an amazing value.

At B&H. It is only on sale around another 6 hours, until midnight EST. If they sell out of the silver color, they might still have it left in gold at the same price. The black or blue color ones aren't on sale.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1083458-REG/fiio_fiio_x1_digital_audio.html

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #6,441 of 7,793
I have a question, I have a folder labeled as unknown folder that can only be viewed on the X1 but not on my computer. How don't remove it? Also any recommendations on cheap amps?

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #6,442 of 7,793
I have a question, I have a folder labeled as unknown folder that can only be viewed on the X1 but not on my computer. How don't remove it? Also any recommendations on cheap amps?

Are you sure that you have Windows set to show system files? The default is to hide system files. To view hidden files, click start, control panel, Appearance and personalization, then click the folders option. Click the view tab. Under advanced settings, click show hidden files and folders, then click ok.

As for cheap amps, why do you want one? How cheap? The X1 puts out quite a bit of power, so with the X1 you only need an external amp if you are using a very hard to drive headphone, perhaps a 600 ohm one?

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #6,443 of 7,793
Are you sure that you have Widows set to show system files? The default is to hide system files. To view hidden files, click start, control panel, Appearance and personalization, then click the folders option. Click the view tab. Under advanced settings, click show hidden files and folders, then click ok.

As for cheap amps, why do you want one? How cheap? The X1 puts out quite a bit of power, so with the X1 you only need an external amp if you are using a very hard to drive headphone, perhaps a 600 ohm one?

I'm on a Mac and use iTunes for tagging. I can only see the Unknown Foldee when I go to the albums category on the X1. When I browse files on the X1 the folder is not there. Weird.

Also, do anyone know how to tag albums properly that are double discs? The X1 displays the tracks out of order.

As far as an amp goes, I was thinking about getting the Topping NX3 or JDS Labs Cmoybb. Has anyone partied those amps with the X1?

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #6,444 of 7,793
"Also, do anyone know how to tag albums properly that are double discs? The X1 displays the tracks out of order."

There is no right way to tag albums that are on multiple CDs. If there are between 10 and 99 discs to a set, someone might have the first two digits of the track number field represent the disc numbered the second two digits as the track number. If there are a small number of discs to a set, many might decide to have the tracks numbered continuously, with the first track of the second disk having a track number one higher than the last track on the first disc, and so on. If the number of tracks in total is  99 or less, then a two digit track number will work. For up to 999 tracks a three digit track number could be used. I guess not all players support track numbers of more than two digits though. There is a track number tag, although it seems like most players don't support it.

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #6,445 of 7,793
Does the X1 have a true shuffle, where no song is repeated until all have played, or is the shuffle more like a random track feature? Most players don't have a true shuffle(like a deck of cards) where one doesn't repeat until it has gone through all of them. Rockbox for example provides a true shuffle, however most players seem to provide just a random track feature. Imo the term shuffle should only be used for a true shuffle, and the others should call it a random track function.

Right after buying the X1 I had second thoughts about it, however now I am glad I bought it. I reripped plenty of music to 320 kbps mp3, which sounds great on the X1. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #6,446 of 7,793
  Does the X1 have a true shuffle, where no song is repeated until all have played, or is the shuffle more like a random track feature? Most players don't have a true shuffle(like a deck of cards) where one doesn't repeat until it has gone through all of them. Rockbox for example provides a true shuffle, however most players seem to provide just a random track feature. Imo the term shuffle should only be used for a true shuffle, and the others should call it a random track function.

Right after buying the X1 I had second thoughts about it, however now I am glad I bought it. I reripped plenty of music to 320 kbps mp3, which sounds great on the X1. 

I don't think it has true shuffle. I'm generally not very happy with the X1's shuffle. When I randomly play my 5k-file library it always seems to give priority to the same 20-30 tracks. They play way more often than everything else.

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #6,447 of 7,793
Just had an issue pop up on my X1. No sound output. Working fine yesterday, today zip. Tried factory reset and no change. With headphones plugged in and volume maxed at 100 the output is barely discernible.

Has anyone encountered this and if so, what did you do to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #6,448 of 7,793
I have no idea. it's easy to feel like there are patterns in randomness.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #6,450 of 7,793
I'm using my X1 with some Klipsch x11i 50 ohm IEM, what would be better to use?

Most of us have not heard the x11i. What don't you like about the combination? Which types of music do you listen to? Are you looking for something with extra bass, or something very neutral sounding? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back