The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 21, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #6,481 of 7,793
This is a problem with going from any Apple filesystem to any non-Apple filesystem.
Depends on how you want to do it.
There are DS_Store cleaners for both OS X and Windows, both platforms have them and they should take care of the ._ files as well.

If you are on OS X or another unix style OS, with the terminal you can simply do a
Code:
rm ._*
in the directory with your files.

Thank you!!

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #6,482 of 7,793
Glad I could help.

Somehow turned it on when taking out of the box to overcharge the battery overnight before using it for the first time (yes, been too busy to open it before now!) and it somehow turned itself on as I was about to plug it in.... sigh. So much for good battery practices :/

Has battery replacement been figured out yet? i searched a bit but wasn't sure if a solution was found yet.

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #6,483 of 7,793
  A Question for Mac Users...

Do you know how I can stop my Mac from creating '._' duplicate files on the player? When I browse through the 'All Songs' option from the Category menu, these ._ files are being recognized as individual music files.

Had that problem too. Solved with a simple app CleanMedia. You can get in in the Apple AppStore. Works like a charm, simple and effective.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #6,484 of 7,793
Had that problem too. Solved with a simple app CleanMedia. You can get in in the Apple AppStore. Works like a charm, simple and effective.

Perfect. Thank you.. One of the members from another thread also recommended 'Eject for Windows'.. Going to check out both..

So much for good battery practices :/

Talking about battery best practices...

I own an X3ii and not the X1. My unit's battery meter is not very accurate. (I don't know if it's just my unit or all units in general.) The first 4 bars in the battery represents close to 95% of the battery's charge. If you are someone who does shallow discharges, you may want to pay attention to this. The last bar runs out really quick, like in less than 20 mins.

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #6,485 of 7,793
Even though the battery had its first major discharge before being overcharged, I will survive even if I don't have the best possible battery life, I just hope it isn't walled off at where it started now.

I'm enjoying the sound of my X1 a lot though. it's more fun to listen to than my Clip I think. i think one of these and a SD modded iPod video will be very nice companions :)

Is there any faster way to scroll through artists though? I have so many... or text scroll speed in the file browser  for that matter?

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #6,487 of 7,793
How have you 'over charged' it?

Also, mine switches off automatically, so it shouldn't stay on.

i must have been unclear.
i did not overcharge it.
generally when you have a fresh, never used battery, it is wisest to leave it plugged in and charging for a while after it says it is full.
during the first serious discharge from the battery, if it has not been charged to its fullest capacity by this initial over-charging, you may "wall off" some of the battery's possible capacity. but i do not know if the X1's battery is the kind of battery that is affected by this, or if it is more like a cell phone battery, which doesn't care as much about that initial overcharging.

Anyway, I really enjoy my X1, aside from these couple UI annoyances, but I need to update it to the latest firmware. Mine's on 1.4 and I can't find any spare microSD around for the time being.

I have on my EQ 62, 160 and 400 nearly maxed out, and it's nice bass with my XB90EX but I need MORE!!! I think I'll be investing in a portable amp with bass boost soon...

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #6,488 of 7,793
Oh, I see. Sorry. I did misunderstand. You meant leaving it charging overnight for its first charge up. (So that it kind of sets itself at the top end)

I haven't found the battery touchy at all TBH. The worst part of it for me is the wheel I think. It's just a bit rough and ready in the way that it works, although the recent firmware does help a lot.

Mine gets a lot of use. I go line out into a Fiio e12a for mobile use which is rather nice, and there is a rather nifty bass boost switch on it as well as a gain switch. Makes a nice match with the X1.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #6,490 of 7,793
Running X1 on latest firmware, every time trying to resume the playback on "playing now" after the player was off for a while, I get the message "No music found, please update media lib.". Any solutions?

It must be a "feature" of the newest firmware. I'm running 1.6 . I have only had the X1 for a couple weeks and upgraded the firmware right from the getgo ( which means my experinance is short) so not sure of previous versions but mine does the same thing. My X3ii also the latest firmware doesn't have the same issue. So yours isn't only one out here exhibiting that behavior.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #6,492 of 7,793
been running 1.4, too lazy to update, haven't had that error when doing that on my X1, so it's very possible it's a 1.6 bug.

I think you're probably right. I just haven't used any other release. To compound the issue, I have treated the X1 as a back up unit so thought it was pretty much just the way I used it. But I'll be heading out on "Christmas Vacation" so will be only carrying the X1 so if that's the only known issue ( and it is pretty minor) not sure It's worth flashing 1.5 so I'm good to go.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #6,493 of 7,793
It must be a "feature" of the newest firmware. I'm running 1.6 . I have only had the X1 for a couple weeks and upgraded the firmware right from the getgo ( which means my experinance is short) so not sure of previous versions but mine does the same thing. My X3ii also the latest firmware doesn't have the same issue. So yours isn't only one out here exhibiting that behavior.

Thanks a lot. So I hope that JamesFiiO reads this, while working on 1.7 
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #6,494 of 7,793
I 've the impression Jamesfiio routinely follows these threads. While some things aren't or take time to integrate this is such a basic function I expect it will be fairly quickly addressed. Not sure how far along1.7 is nor how the integrate these fixes in their releases so I don't really know. Thanks for bringing it up

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #6,495 of 7,793
I would like to be able to add an album at a time to a playlist made on the player. I want that for the X1 and the M3. in another thread I agreed with the suggestion to add an adjustable crossfeed function on the X1 and the M3. If fiio is looking for ideas for more functions to add on their players, all they need to do is study Rockbox for the Clip Zip and Clip+. Many here own(or have owned) a Rockboxed Clip+ or Clip Zip. 

I wonder if Fiio is considering making less expensive Android players than the X7. Many get a basic no contract Android phone, never activate it, and use it as a media player. Other though don't want to pay for phone circuitry they won't use(they already have a separate phone) and want better quality audio and more audio features instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back