The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 25, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #6,376 of 7,793
  Anyone else having this problem?

Today I was trying to put some albums on my X1. I have about 2 gbs of space left on my 128bg card. When I tried to copy 2 specific albums, which are in the same Apple Lossless format as almost all my other songs, I kept getting an error message and the music would get stuck buffering in the x1 folder. Then, when I'd try to delete the blank files, the x1 would go berzerk... so I unplugged it, and when the x1 restarted, I got "File System Not Supported". What's going on?????

Now it's always happening. And my card, according to Finder, is formatted in FAT32. When I put music on the X1, it takes forever! And if I dare click anywhere in the folder, most of my music and folders disappear and the folders are all changed to 'UUUUUU.uuu"....

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #6,377 of 7,793

Joe Bloggs@
I actually have two X1, first one is mfd.&import June'15 and second one is mfd. & import in Feb'15.
My first & old X1 power switch works fine, But second & new X1 have this issue. 
It is OK for me but I want to know is this due to hardware? and is there any chance of problem in future?
Power Switch is working fine for power-off, screen-lock/unlock function.
Also, Have Fiio made any hardware up-gradation in new Fiio X1 batches?

[FW updating is not working; FW1.5 is very slow]

Thanks everyone for prompt reply!

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #6,378 of 7,793
Now it's always happening. And my card, according to Finder, is formatted in FAT32. When I put music on the X1, it takes forever! And if I dare click anywhere in the folder, most of my music and folders disappear and the folders are all changed to 'UUUUUU.uuu"....

Uuuuu... O.O I'll have to show FiiO HQ this one tomorrow. What happens if you try reading the card using another card reader now?

Have you tried updating to the latest firmware to see if the problem goes away?
[COLOR=22229C]http://www.head-fi.org/t/781372/official-x1-stable-firmware-discussion-thread-version-1-5-long-hard-work-brings-concrete-improvements[/COLOR]

Joe Bloggs@

I actually have two X1, first one is [COLOR=444444]mfd.[/COLOR]&import June'15 and second one is mfd. & import in Feb'15.

My first & old X1 power switch works fine, But second & new X1 have this issue. 

It is OK for me but I want to know is this due to hardware? and is there any chance of problem in future?

Power Switch is working fine for power-off, screen-lock/unlock function.

Also, Have Fiio made any hardware up-gradation in new Fiio X1 batches?

[FW updating is not working; FW1.5 is very slow]

Thanks everyone for prompt reply!

It is due to a certain hardware variation, I think, I forgot the details but the variation affected this power-on button in exactly the manner you described. It would not cause any other problems.

Regarding FW1.5 being slow, may I ask how many songs / tracks you have loaded on the card in the X1?

Best regards to all,
Joe :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 25, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #6,379 of 7,793
 Regarding FW1.5 being slow, may I ask how many songs / tracks you have loaded on the card in the X1?

I have both lossless (WAV,FLAC,M4A) and lossy (MP3,M4A) file in my library (no of songs 2070 appx.). 1.5 is significantly slow in comparison to 1.4, specially when opening artist/album/song list.
 It is due to a certain hardware variation, I think, I forgot the details but the variation affected this power-on button in exactly the manner you described. It would not cause any other problems.

New batches of X1 has this same issue? or Is this exist only in old batches of X1?  

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #6,380 of 7,793
 New batches of X1 has this same issue? or Is this exist only in old batches of X1?  

When I heard of this bug it was some months ago, but I don't know if it was specific to an old batch or occurs randomly in newer batches as well.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 25, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #6,381 of 7,793
Hey! You know what, I formatted the card and decided to start over. I had over 8500 songs on the card. And you know what I did AFTER I deleted all the songs to test it? I did a hard reset. And that fixed the issue. If only i did the reset before I deleted everything... but you know what, I'm not too mad about it. At least I had backups of my music and all the folders the way I wanted them. Smh

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #6,382 of 7,793
Well I have joined the x1 club... So far loving it sounds way better than my LG g2 Mobile

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #6,383 of 7,793

g) is there an sleep timer on the player which i can set as standard when i start the player so i do not have to turn sleep mode on every time?

I bought the player now and i really like it.
But i can not find this option. The sleep timer i found, but i have to "activate" it every time i start the player. I want it activated automatically when i start the player.

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #6,385 of 7,793

g) is there an sleep timer on the player which i can set as standard when i start the player so i do not have to turn sleep mode on every time?

I bought the player now and i really like it.
But i can not find this option. The sleep timer i found, but i have to "activate" it every time i start the player. I want it activated automatically when i start the player.

never had a DAP that could do this. on my now very old samsung ypp3 there is a small kawaii *****cat icon, and touching it would start the sleep countdown. that's the fastest method I've known, but it was still required to activate it(and press x times depending on how long you want it to play).

edit: you can always remove the "play through folders" setting and "repeat all" playback option, so that when a folder has been played, the DAP will stop and turn off a few minutes after.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #6,386 of 7,793
my friend bought a new fiio x1 which arrived today
after putting some music on a card - after 10 minutes the screen started breaking up  - I looked online for a firmware update
but now the screen turns on white and stays white
I tried the reset pin hole but it still turns on with a white screen and stays white :frowning2:

Pretty pathetic after 10 minutes

Anything I have missed in terms of fixing this or should he send it back (and probably get a refund)

Sad because this was his first 'HiRes' player

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #6,387 of 7,793
after putting some music on a card - after 10 minutes the screen started breaking up  - I looked online for a firmware update
I tried the reset pin hole but it still turns on with a white screen and stays white :frowning2:

Anything I have missed in terms of fixing this or should he send it back (and probably get a refund)

Is it white even during startup or it turns white after startup?

In any case, I'll suggest you do a firmware update first, as it doesn't require the X1 to turn on normally. Load the firmware onto a microSD card, press and hold the menu button (upper right) as well as the power button at the same time, once it is turned on, release the power button first but keep holding the menu button until you see the update process begins.

BTW, there is also a force shutdown by pressing and holding the power button.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #6,388 of 7,793

Is it white even during startup or it turns white after startup?

In any case, I'll suggest you do a firmware update first, as it doesn't require the X1 to turn on normally. Load the firmware onto a microSD card, press and hold the menu button (upper right) as well as the power button at the same time, once it is turned on, release the power button first but keep holding the menu button until you see the update process begins.

BTW, there is also a force shutdown by pressing and holding the power button.

Thanks for the reply it is white ALL the time from the first moments the screen comes alive - i'll try the update again although i did try it but the white screen remained. Thanks

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #6,389 of 7,793
Did you download a fresh copy of the firmware - in case the one you downloaded is corrupt?

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #6,390 of 7,793

never had a DAP that could do this. on my now very old samsung ypp3 there is a small kawaii *****cat icon, and touching it would start the sleep countdown. that's the fastest method I've known, but it was still required to activate it(and press x times depending on how long you want it to play).

edit: you can always remove the "play through folders" setting and "repeat all" playback option, so that when a folder has been played, the DAP will stop and turn off a few minutes after.

IIRC rockbox could do this.

BTW The scroll wheel works really well with FW 1.6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back