The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 21, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #6,346 of 7,793
Just got my x1 and have a couple of navigation questions...

Is there a way of making the scrolling quicker? It is slow with the wheel and the buttons.

And when the currently playing song is showing on the screen how do i easily navigate to that song in the browser?

Pressing and holding the fast forward button when in the song list sometimes helps.

When playing a song, I find that pressing the back button once brings you to the song, and the others in order.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #6,347 of 7,793
Pressing and holding the fast forward button when in the song list sometimes helps.

When playing a song, I find that pressing the back button once brings you to the song, and the others in order.

I hold down the fast forward but it is still a slow scroll. Would be nice if it accelerated.

Pressing the back button when screen is showing track playing just takes me to the main menu you get on startup.

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #6,350 of 7,793

Almost there! That takes me to the album track list. From there I was hoping the back button would take me up a level to the album list but it takes me to the track playing screen again.

Thanks for your help so far.

So browse by files and you can jump back up levels in the browser, but not when browsing by the database. All my previous DAPs have had no problem doing this so a little disappointed. Combined with the slow scroll speed (250+ artists), considering sending it back even though it sounds great.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #6,352 of 7,793
Anyone else having this problem?

Today I was trying to put some albums on my X1. I have about 2 gbs of space left on my 128bg card. When I tried to copy 2 specific albums, which are in the same Apple Lossless format as almost all my other songs, I kept getting an error message and the music would get stuck buffering in the x1 folder. Then, when I'd try to delete the blank files, the x1 would go berzerk... so I unplugged it, and when the x1 restarted, I got "File System Not Supported". What's going on?????

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #6,354 of 7,793
What is a upgrade to the fiio X1 terms of sound quality for around $150-300 maybe the fiio x5?

Also is anyone kinda getting lag and small freezing on 1.5 update

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #6,355 of 7,793
What is a upgrade to the fiio X1 terms of sound quality for around $150-300 maybe the fiio x5?

xduoo x3 is a clear upgrade and costs just 110$..........according to the people on xduoo thread.
I think u ought to keep that in mind.

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #6,356 of 7,793
  Just got my x1 and have a couple of navigation questions...

Is there a way of making the scrolling quicker? It is slow with the wheel and the buttons.

And when the currently playing song is showing on the screen how do i easily navigate to that song in the browser?

Hi, the scroll wheel can't be rotated quickly because there is the big friction between the wheel and the center button?

Not sure what the browser you are referring to. If going access to "Category" -> "Artist" -> certain artist -> songs -> playing one song, then pls press briefly the Back/Menu button (top-right) to back up one menu level each time. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #6,357 of 7,793
Anyone else having this problem?

Today I was trying to put some albums on my X1. I have about 2 gbs of space left on my 128bg card. When I tried to copy 2 specific albums, which are in the same Apple Lossless format as almost all my other songs, I kept getting an error message and the music would get stuck buffering in the x1 folder. Then, when I'd try to delete the blank files, the x1 would go berzerk... so I unplugged it, and when the x1 restarted, I got "File System Not Supported". What's going on?????

Hello Meshaboo,

Was your card formatted in exFAT by any chance? :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 22, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #6,358 of 7,793
Hey I am brand new to this board and it will not allow me to make a new thread so I will just post my problem to this one.  I have had the FiiO X1 for about 6 months now and it was working fine, but since today when I put on a song the X1 will pause it somewhere down the line at a random interval.  I press the unpause button and it will do it again in another random interval.  Sometimes it even skips songs entirely and goes to the next song, all without me touch a thing, it does this on its own.  I have tried hard resetting it many times, turning it on and off, etc...  Nothing is fixing the problem.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks in advance.

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #6,359 of 7,793

X5 is indeed a nice sonic upgrade over X1, as I own both and have compared them directly. X5 sounds more resolving, cleaner, tighter in the bass and the improvements are quite noticeable and significant. I do like the tone of the X1 and I think it sounds a bit fuller than the more neutral X5. However, X5 is a lot more accurate sounding.

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #6,360 of 7,793

X5 is indeed a nice sonic upgrade over X1, as I own both and have compared them directly. X5 sounds more resolving, cleaner, tighter in the bass and the improvements are quite noticeable and significant. I do like the tone of the X1 and I think it sounds a bit fuller than the more neutral X5. However, X5 is a lot more accurate sounding.

Is it worth the about $300 for the fiio x5 or is there something better for cheaper price like xduoo x3 other dude mentioned

some reason the new 1.5 fireware made my fiio x1 when listening to music and trying to back out of the music it freezes for 5 secs and when i hit browse music there is also a 5 sec freeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back