The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #6,316 of 7,793
just got my x1, should I just download the 1.5 FW on their website then install it?

Download it and then unzip it. The player won't recognize the zipped file. Then load it to the root of the mSD card and proceed with the update procedure.

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #6,319 of 7,793
what really bothers me is that you can't upgrade the fw of the x1 if your sd card is formated in exFAT (even if the x1 can officially read files in this format). You have to format the card in FAT32 to load the fw :/

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #6,320 of 7,793
Ok I sincerely want to shake the hand of the designer who thought "hey let's make the reset button a tiny hole so people who travel and don't carry a paperclip can be miserable on their flight when the x1 crashes". Sorry this is how addicted I am to my x1. I guess it doesn't crash often enough to prompt carrying a paperclip everywhere...

Oct 1, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #6,321 of 7,793
Just received my X1.  

Have updated the firmaware to 1.5 and loaded up my SD card.

What a little beauty! Looks great, its easy to use (why anyone would struggle with the UI is beyond me) and most importantly, its sounds BRILLIANT!  And gets loud too.

Score a win for Fiio. And me of course.

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #6,322 of 7,793
Ok I sincerely want to shake the hand of the designer who thought "hey let's make the reset button a tiny hole so people who travel and don't carry a paperclip can be miserable on their flight when the x1 crashes". Sorry this is how addicted I am to my x1. I guess it doesn't crash often enough to prompt carrying a paperclip everywhere...

what´s about a toothpick? ever thought about that even in a plane you can get a toothpick? toothpicks are everywhere! even on mars!
toothpicks are the evolution of paperclips!
i would vote for toothpicks if they want to be president!

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #6,324 of 7,793
I'm sooooooooo HAPPY!!! I finally know how many songs I have on here. I have all my music organized in genre folders. I gots 8,842 songs! Way less than I thought haha. I have a 128gb and most of my music is Apple Lossless, so that's why.

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #6,325 of 7,793
  I'm sooooooooo HAPPY!!! I finally know how many songs I have on here. I have all my music organized in genre folders. I gots 8,842 songs! Way less than I thought haha. I have a 128gb and most of my music is Apple Lossless, so that's why.

I've got somewhere around 3100 on my 64GB card; looking forwards to getting a 128gb, so I can fit all 9000 I have on my PC 
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #6,327 of 7,793
Downloaded some 24 bit 5.1 channel surround albums in flac.X1 played them but the voices were barely visible vs the instruments.
Converted those files to wav and it sounds awesome.

This is a great player for features namely ability to play almost anything apart from formats like dsd.

The only mistake is the wheel as its not smooth and is pretty irritating at times,,,i prefer bottom two buttons for my navigation,keeps my blood pressure down
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back