The Everything MOD Gallery!
Aug 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #16 of 247
Quote:
It would be nice to add two discs of another wood of a different color to give it a nice two-tone finish. We'll see though. The Koss drivers are temps until I get replacements I think...been toying with the idea of Beyer drivers if the cash comes my way
smily_headphones1.gif

the Beyer DT770, 880, and 990 have the same drivers. the only thing different with the 770 drivers is that they have a small foam cap on the back of them. So, if you come across any of those for a reasonable price, snag them. You can probably buy a pair of 770s for $130 or so, maybe cheaper in the FS forums. It might be cheaper than getting 2 drivers from the Beyerdynamic website. That would be pretty interesting to do that mod, I wonder if they would sound anything like the 880s or 990s. Those drivers sound great in open headphones.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 247
Just take a look in my sig for DIY for Grado's, ATH AD series, and Bravo V2 

PS: Casper where did you get the 3.5mm panel mount from?

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 247
Great thread cCasper TFG!
I just drop a few pics of my DT880 Pro MOD here as well, Thanks!

beerchug.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #19 of 247
Quote:
Great thread cCasper TFG!
I just drop a few pics of my DT880 Pro MOD here as well, Thanks!

I was never a fan of the cable going through the headband of the Beyers, it looks messy. The dual entry looks awesome on those! 

Quote:
Just take a look in my sig for DIY for Grado's, ATH AD series, and Bravo V2 

PS: Casper where did you get the 3.5mm panel mount from?

This site used to have one like this with a different nut on it. I can't seem to find it on their site anymore. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find one at a hardware store that fits it. These jacks are my favorite. 
http://www.newark.com/lumberg/klb-4/connector-rca-phono-jack-3pos/dp/97K2702

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #20 of 247
Close ups of my custom headband on my HD580

I'm not sure if you can see all the texture there. I painted it the metallic grey first, let that dry and harden, then a day or so later I put the Sennheiser stick on it, sprayed a black tint (VHT Niteshades) over that and Immediately smashed a plastic grocery bag on it and ripped it off. That made a nice looking effect on it. I peeled off the stickers after the tint was almost completely dry to the touch and then clear coated it. Turned out pretty nice :wink:

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #21 of 247
Very Nice job!

That is one thing I can't do well is paint or lacquer with rattle cans.
Did you cut the vinyl yourself for the logo?

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #22 of 247
Quote:
Very Nice job!

That is one thing I can't do well is paint or lacquer with rattle cans.
Did you cut the vinyl yourself for the logo?

I got a pic off google of the Sennheiser logo and sent it to a girl who has a shop on Etsy and she printed it for me and shipped it. It costed like $8 to have that done. Before doing that I searched all over the web to find headband logo replacement stickers, but had no luck there. I'm surprised someone doesnt do that, those headbands get pretty worn over time. 
This was a fun project. I was just experimenting with that whole process. I saw a thread over a year ago on an xbox modding forum where a guy did that same thing with a plastic bag. I figured I could give it a try on the HD580 headband because it's so boring stock, and well..I hate stock :wink:

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #23 of 247
I said a while ago that I would attempt a Semi-Closed HD580 on the Modded HD580 Appreciation thread, but I'm going to post it here first. I decided to start messing with it tonight and cut up a mountain dew box in the shape of the inside of the grills. I'm basing the design off what Beyer did with the DT880 cans. Pic below.

Here is what I have so far. 

I'm very surprised by the results I'm hearing right away. There is a TON more bass and mid bass now. It isn't overwhelming because the highs are now much closer than they were before. This basically just put everything a little closer to you. It still has just as much detail as it did before, and maybe even a little more detail in the mids area. I'm still listening for more changes, I've only listened to a few songs. This is pretty fun though! They sound a little more alive now. 

But they're ugly ;P 
If I decide I want to keep this sound, I'm going to get a piece of thermoforming plastic and mold a custom set of Semi-closed grills for these :D

Nov 25, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #24 of 247
From a pair of standard vintage SR225 with pink drivers to a Paduak woody to an open backed StratoKOSSter (one of the 225 drivers crapped out on me yesterday, so I put my Kramer modded KSC75s to good use this morning):

Am now thinking about how to make them closed...

I said a while ago that I would attempt a Semi-Closed HD580 on the Modded HD580 Appreciation thread, but I'm going to post it here first. I decided to start messing with it tonight and cut up a mountain dew box in the shape of the inside of the grills. I'm basing the design off what Beyer did with the DT880 cans. Pic below.

Here is what I have so far. 

I'm very surprised by the results I'm hearing right away. There is a TON more bass and mid bass now. It isn't overwhelming because the highs are now much closer than they were before. This basically just put everything a little closer to you. It still has just as much detail as it did before, and maybe even a little more detail in the mids area. I'm still listening for more changes, I've only listened to a few songs. This is pretty fun though! They sound a little more alive now. 

But they're ugly ;P 
If I decide I want to keep this sound, I'm going to get a piece of thermoforming plastic and mold a custom set of Semi-closed grills for these :D

xD ur one crazy cat man! 

I'm totally interested to wonder if you've ever thought of hard ware and software mods to ur Xbox 360! Seeing as it's out dated now ;3 

Nov 25, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #25 of 247

xD ur one crazy cat man! 

I'm totally interested to wonder if you've ever thought of hard ware and software mods to ur Xbox 360! Seeing as it's out dated now ;3 

I never did any software mods to them, I did a couple XBOX case mods for some friends and installed LED lighting on the insides, that's about as far as I've gone hardware wise. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #26 of 247
  I never did any software mods to them, I did a couple XBOX case mods for some friends and installed LED lighting on the insides, that's about as far as I've gone hardware wise. 

Soft modding a Wii was pretty easy and totally worth while! Although not sure how legal that is... the Wii is on older system now. Either way the Xobx Case modes are pretty sick. Can you also build PC cases?

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #27 of 247
Putting a modded XBox online will get you banned... Only muck with the software if you never go online with it...

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #28 of 247
Putting a modded XBox online will get you banned... Only muck with the software if you never go online with it...

Yea see, that's what's great about Nintendo... THEY DONT GIVE A *BLANK* seriously... although I used mine to play mostly offline games and I mean emulators 

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #29 of 247
Thumbs up on the thread.  Found it when googling painted HD600s.  I might get a pair, but I hate the blue granite or whatever it is supposed to be.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #30 of 247
Yeah cCasper TFG has some sweet mod's in here, its time for a flood of new stuff though... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back