The Everything MOD Gallery!
Jun 28, 2013 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 247

PETEREK

Member of the Trade: ThePETEREK on Etsy
Previously known as cCasper TFG
Hey everyone! 
  I am an avid modder and love to show off the little things I do with my headphones and everything else to make them my own. I can find a few threads for mods on a specific pair of headphones but those threads don't get a ton of attention. So I'm starting this thread so that everyone who loves to MOD can show off their stuff, and see things that others have done as well! I love how creative people can get and I would like to see a small community of modders start in this thread :)

Here are a couple things I have done so far, let's get the ball rolling everyone!

Detachable cable mods on my DT770- Pro 80 and DT880 Premium 250's

My "DIY Manufaktur" DT880 from the previous pic.

Painted my Senn HD555's red and did a 3.5mm removable cable mod on them, along with the "sound stage mod"

Took my HD580 headband off and covered it with a burgundy fabric (makes them sound so much better, HA) I removed the foam from inside the cups to make the sound a little more detailed, and removed the small foam circles from the back of the drivers. I love these things.

I decided that $24 a piece plus $9 shipping was a little too high for a set of HD600 grills, so I DIY'ed some by salvaging my HD580 grills to make these. (I just did this today, they're still waiting on black paint)

You dont have to stick to just amplifiers, headphones, DACs and sources, put up anything that you are proud of modding. Here are some case mods I did to some Xbox's. Like I said, EVERYTHING MOD.

I really hope this thread takes off, I want to be able to post and get to the people who share similar interests to mine when it comes to DIY projects and modding. I hope more people feel that same way.

Thank you!

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 247
I did a terrible job painting my 580's (avatar) but I actually love the result. I painted the headband black with several coats and waited a few days before masking and painting over in yellow to have DLXXX (580 in roman numerals). For some reason, maybe the heat or something else, peeling off the masking tape pulled off enough of the black paint to leave a strange texture. Plus, I didn't pull it off at the right time and the yellow paint became rough around the edges. After quite a bit of disappointment, I tried sanding the paint with some fine sand paper but eventually gave up and clear coated over it all. Honestly, I love the result. The cups are fine, but the headband now has a pretty significant depression where the letters are and some scuffs from the sanding that broke through the yellow paint. It makes them look rugged and almost antique-y. I could easily strip the paint and start over but I don't think I will
biggrin.gif

EDIT: gotta love the duct tape wallet too.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 247
Thanks a lot guys. I like having the plexi glass on the side of the Xbox, it looks cool and I like seeing the disc. And I don't really like my stuff looking the same as everyone else's, I want them to be impressed when the see what I have because of the originality.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #13 of 247
From a pair of standard vintage SR225 with pink drivers to a Paduak woody to an open backed StratoKOSSter (one of the 225 drivers crapped out on me yesterday, so I put my Kramer modded KSC75s to good use this morning):

Am now thinking about how to make them closed...

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #14 of 247
Quote:
From a pair of standard vintage SR225 with pink drivers to a Paduak woody to an open backed StratoKOSSter (one of the 225 drivers crapped out on me yesterday, so I put my Kramer modded KSC75s to good use this morning):

Am now thinking about how to make them closed...

I think they look great like that, I wouldn't put anything on the outside of the cans to make them closed. I would just try to find a thin plastic material or something to put on the inside of the cup against the grill and hot glue it into place to seal them. You can always take hot glue off, so that would probably be the best thing to use for seal.

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #15 of 247
It would be nice to add two discs of another wood of a different color to give it a nice two-tone finish. We'll see though. The Koss drivers are temps until I get replacements I think...been toying with the idea of Beyer drivers if the cash comes my way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back