The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Sep 11, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #77 of 3,746

Quote:

I bought a Kingston MicroSD 16GB for $20 I think, at a shop down the street, I put my FLAC on the 16GB MicroSD part, and I put my MP3 on the internal 8GB memory part.

When you turn it on you press "Directory" and it gives you two options "Flash memory" and "TF card memory", then I have my music sorted by "Artist -> Album -> Song" in a tree-like folder structure, it's really simple and really fast to navigate, I just don't get what people are doing wrong, they must be used to iPods or some **** like that.

The thing you have to remember with most of the Euro and N. American folk is if the UI isn't Apple like or Android like they bitch. Right now Microsoft is in the mist of a WM7 roll out and  to some extent their tile centric OS hasn't caught on because it's so different. I've played around with it on demo handsets at local stores and it's a perfectly capable OS and very fluid but most people don't care because it's so different compared to what they're traditionally used to. Kind of a shame the OS hasn't made a bigger splash, although Microsoft hasn't innovated in the last decade their new mobile OS in my opinion is actually a breath of fresh air.

Is it just me or does the babe on the left have a What is this thing look on her face lmao. If all these pics of Asian babes keep getting posted I'm going to quit my job and move to Asia.
L3000.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #78 of 3,746

I don't want to go OT into mobile phones.... but er.. which phones are going to be using the Microsoft OS..? I'm interested, as I like Microsoft more as a company, I don't want to succumb to google... I'm serious, I call google The Blob, if you've ever seen that movie.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #79 of 3,746
The thing you have to remember with most of the Euro and N. American folk is if the UI isn't Apple like or Android like they bitch. Right now Microsoft is in the mist of a WM7 roll out and  to some extent their tile centric OS hasn't caught on because it's so different. I've played around with it on demo handsets at local stores and it's a perfectly capable OS and very fluid but most people don't care because it's so different compared to what they're traditionally used to. Kind of a shame the OS hasn't made a bigger splash, although Microsoft hasn't innovated in the last decade their new mobile OS in my opinion is actually a breath of fresh air.

Is it just me or does the babe on the left have a What is this thing look on her face lmao. If all these pics of Asian babes keep getting posted I'm going to quit my job and move to Asia.
L3000.gif

You have to remember if people like and are used to what they are using, people don't like to switch to a new product. It's not only with mobiles OS's but with everything, also marketing is a huge factor you don't have to research Apple to see that have done a great job at marketing their brand. Though those are some hot babes I never heard of that brand, it's only after I have read kiteki's fairytale story I knew that the product actually exist.

Sidenote: Just go to a university and go to a random college enough Asians chicks atleast at my college :xf_eek:

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #80 of 3,746
Quote:
Is the girl 16:9 WQVGA? or the bed she's on? or the window behind her? or is her exposed thigh 16:9? I really don't get what they're advertising actually!

I believe their merely suggesting that in said position, the lows pack more weight, body, and impact; but don't quote me on that. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Ahem... I'm sold. Wait, what am I buying again? 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #81 of 3,746

Quote:
You have to remember if people like and are used to what they are using, people don't like to switch to a new product. It's not only with mobiles OS's but with everything, also marketing is a huge factor you don't have to research Apple to see that have done a great job at marketing their brand. Though those are some hot babes I never heard of that brand, it's only after I have read kiteki's fairytale story I knew that the product actually exist.

Sidenote: Just go to a university and go to a random college enough Asians chicks atleast at my college
redface.gif

When you buy an Apple product, I'm sure something like 75% of the profit goes straight to marketing and so on, and then another 15% goes into Apple employee pockets.

What has Teclast done with their marketing? They hired some hot girls and take photos for 1 day and pay them, maybe $1000, how much is that compared to what Apple pays?

The question is, do you want to pay for advertisements, or do you want to pay for a good product? The T51 sounds better than anything Apple has released, and costs a lot less, and you're not forced to use iTunes.

Marketing is fun, if you hire some hot girls, and talk about how good something is with your friends.

Marketing isn't fun, when the consumers are paying 100's of dollars to fund a companies marketing, and then get marketed at, it's just a vicious cycle of marketing.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #82 of 3,746

Quote:

I don't want to go OT into mobile phones.... but er.. which phones are going to be using the Microsoft OS..? I'm interested, as I like Microsoft more as a company, I don't want to succumb to google... I'm serious, I call google The Blob, if you've ever seen that movie.

Well let me see off the top of my head Samsung is on board as well as HTC for the WM7 Mango edition release. There was even some rumors floating around of Acer getting it's fingers into the WM7 pie. Matter of fact as I remember it they had handsets out with the first release of the OS. The huge news as far as WM7 goes is Nokia abandoned future development of Meego on their smartphone platform and signed an exclusive contract with Microsoft and the big push as far as Mango goes will probably be from Nokia. Considering Nokia is such a huge company and has a massive presence in Europe and a healthy presence in Asia and is known for great hardware WM7 might see some healthy market penetration in the next couple of years. Personally I rather like some of what HTC has done with Android and if they can put some nice hardware/features behind WM7 like they did with Android I might be tempted to ditch my flip phone and go with HTC.

Lol I've seen the original 50's movie of The Blob and the remake of it and it's one of my more favorite campy movies I like to watch and laugh at. I call Google The Evil Empire, Erik Schmidt creeps me out every time the guy smiles he reminds me of a rat.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #84 of 3,746

When you buy an Apple product, I'm sure something like 75% of the profit goes straight to marketing and so on, and then another 15% goes into Apple employee pockets.

What has Teclast done with their marketing? They hired some hot girls and take photos for 1 day and pay them, maybe $1000, how much is that compared to what Apple pays?

The question is, do you want to pay for advertisements, or do you want to pay for a good product? The T51 sounds better than anything Apple has released, and costs a lot less, and you're not forced to use iTunes.

Marketing is fun, if you hire some hot girls, and talk about how good something is with your friends.

Marketing isn't fun, when the consumers are paying 100's of dollars to fund a companies marketing, and then get marketed at, it's just a vicious cycle of marketing.

You make some interesting points lol While myself I'm using a self built Windows rig and Android phone I still love my iPod touch. Yes, it's more expensive than the average player and the sound quality is inferior to the T51 or any high end pmp but that are just the hardwarespecs. Nowadays you have to keep in mind the software is quite important for the whole experience not everyone just wants to listen to their music. For example I love playing games, browse the web, check my timetable on my iPod and iOS is just a solid and intuitive OS. Everyone is different that is why capitalism works, you are 100% right that the T51 pure on specs just owns the iPod touch. I now actually have a smartphone that can do the same stuff as my iTouch so I can actually look at a dedicated musicplayer so the T59 or T51 comes in the picture, sucks though the max MicroSD is 32GB bummer :xf_eek:

Btw kiteki look at the Samsung Galaxy S, it is known for its high quality sound(wolfson chip)

I call Google The Evil Empire, Erik Schmidt creeps me out every time the guy smiles he reminds me of a rat.

I have the same feeling only with a different person; Steve Ballmer XD No charisma and no vision that man how the hell is he still leading Microsoft... lol I actually think Eric Smidt is a clever person and has run google well the last years.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #87 of 3,746

Quote:
[...] Btw kiteki look at the Samsung Galaxy S, it is known for its high quality sound(wolfson chip)
[...]

Okay I will...

however... the T51 has TWO wolfson DAC chips, one for the left channel and one for the right.

1. Show me another product that has that.

2. Can I hear the difference? I have no idea Lol.

On a related note, I bought the Hifiman Express HM-101 the day Hifiman released it, it uses the same headphone amplifier chip a the T51, the TDA1308.

So, as soon as I receive it, I'm going to listen to it and put it in my diary, whether I love it or hate it, the important thing to me is if it sounds like the T51 HO (and this will also raise the issue, can I hear two Dac's at once, or not?)

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #88 of 3,746

Quote:
You make some interesting points lol While myself I'm using a self built Windows rig and Android phone I still love my iPod touch. Yes, it's more expensive than the average player and the sound quality is inferior to the T51 or any high end pmp but that are just the hardwarespecs. Nowadays you have to keep in mind the software is quite important for the whole experience not everyone just wants to listen to their music. For example I love playing games, browse the web, check my timetable on my iPod and iOS is just a solid and intuitive OS. Everyone is different that is why capitalism works, you are 100% right that the T51 pure on specs just owns the iPod touch. I know actually have a smartphone that can do the same stuff as my iTouch so I can actually look at a dedicated musicplayer so the T59 or T51 comes in the picture, sucks though the max MicroSD is 32GB bummer
redface.gif

Btw kiteki look at the Samsung Galaxy S, it is known for its high quality sound(wolfson chip)

I think it's fair to say that the iPod Touch/iPhone is the hands down UI king of the market while Android is the tinkers delight for personalizing ones gear. I really wish Sony would get it's act together and put out a player with high end sound with a nice skinned audio centric Android interface. I'm an old Sony fan from back in the 80's and unfortunately when it comes to modern day DAP's I can't help but feel they've stopped leading and become me to followers.

@Kiteki
Last time I checked the Samsung Galaxy S was skinned to have an iPod like navigation feel to it. That said it's also one of Samsung's hallmark handsets and pretty much their bread and butter handset as far as mobile goes. I never heard the new Nexus S but to my knowledge it's pure unskinned Android with oodles of options for rooting and personalizing (EQ options etc) it the way you want. Either handset would probably make a passable meat and potatoes always on the go DAP. Although I've never heard your T51 DAP considering you love the sound so much and have audiophile golden ears I doubt either the Galaxy or the Nexus would surpass your DAP for all out audio.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #89 of 3,746
I think it's fair to say that the iPod Touch/iPhone is the hands down UI king of the market while Android is the tinkers delight for personalizing ones gear. I really wish Sony would get it's act together and put out a player with high end sound with a nice skinned audio centric Android interface. I'm an old Sony fan from back in the 80's and unfortunately when it comes to modern day DAP's I can't help but feel they've stopped leading and become me to followers.

@Kiteki
Last time I checked the Samsung Galaxy S was skinned to have an iPod like navigation feel to it. That said it's also one of Samsung's hallmark handsets and pretty much their bread and butter handset as far as mobile goes. I never heard the new Nexus S but to my knowledge it's pure unskinned Android with oodles of options for rooting and personalizing (EQ options etc) it the way you want. Either handset would probably make a passable meat and potatoes always on the go DAP. Although I've never heard your T51 DAP considering you love the sound so much I doubt either the Galaxy or the Nexus would surpass it for all out audio.

Both Nexus S and Galaxy S are almost identical, also the great thing of the Android platform you can practically customize everything so you can choose whatever musicplayer you want you can find in the Android market store. If you want to tweak stuff and adjust everything to your like I would advice to get a Android device, if not an iOS/Windows 7 device is a great choice.

Also check this out there is kinda a big community that is tweaking the Galaxy S sound :wink: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806195

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #90 of 3,746

Sony has two Walkman phones using Android (the W8 and the "Live with walkman") and then they have an audio-centric android tablet coming out soon.

Since no phones will surpass the sound quality of my T51, all I want is a mobile phone that's not Apple, not google, is a high-end smartphone, and has decent audio so I can leave my bulky T51 at home and just take my mobile phone, my custom IEM's, my keys and my wallet with me when I go outside sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back