The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Sep 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #46 of 3,746
popcorn.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #47 of 3,746
Quote:
ps : what do you think of the RE-272 ? I think i will buy this or the e-q5 as my next IEM (i have only my re-zeros working atm)

Jm2c, you might also consider the Final Audio heaven A (FI-BA-A1). You can get them for less than the e-Q5 (depending on where you live) and they have slightly better SQ imo. Haven't heard the RE272 though.

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #48 of 3,746
The gr07s are great! Very hard to be Impressed with them frm a 10min trial but I like them better than the earsonics sm3

I think those who appreciate beyer dt1350 will like the gr07

Edition 8s are good and beautiful! Better sounding than the ed10.closed headphones can't get better than this. Ed10s have sunning good looks that's all

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #50 of 3,746

Quote:
Outstanding write-up & review kiteki.  I am slowly trying to get into the iem world (serious iems) and there are just so many products now, it gets dizzying.  Always enjoy reading your posts.  Great job!!!

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Thank you for the nice post.

Quote:
Since you're a ******* IEM guru, recommend me one under $100. I hate myself for throwing the M2 warranty away.

I can't say I'm an IEM archbishop because I've only heard a handful of God's gracious creations on this planet and there might be singing angel and devil trumpets in stones unturned.

Anyway the Ultimate Ears UE700 is by far the best IEM I've heard that costs under $99 and when it breaks you can upgrade it into a custom IEM so I highly recommend it.

Edit: I got my UE700 for $99 including shipping but it's kinda hard to find it at that price, it also suffers a bit in the bass performance. On second thought I really liked the sound of the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 which seems to cost only $50 on amazon.com, so that's my recommendation to you!

There's still a lot of brands I haven't tried, like Klipsch, so take my advice with a grain of salt, I don't really have much experience with IEM's under $100.

Quote:
[...]
On another non-audiophile topic , i want you to check/watch this american indie movie , the girl there reminds me your way of thinking , dreamy/surreal

The movie kicks ass btw (and all of you ladies&gentlemen who like inspired,well written soulful mvies check it out too)

Lawn Dogs.

ps : what do you think of the RE-272 ? I think i will buy this or the e-q5 as my next IEM (i have only my re-zeros working atm)

Ok thanks, I like indie movies and I'll watch it.

The RE-272 is confusing and difficult to review, basically for a waiter on minimum wage it's totally not worth $250, for a poker player that wins thousands the price is OK.

It's difficult to review because if I met the engineer in dark alley in China that smelled like dark alleys in China and he showed it to me in a cardboard box and I listened to it I'd be amazed and shake his hand and realise this person is a genius and I'd wonder how he made a small pristine IEM sound like that.

On the other hand it costs $250 and has a few weaknesses that annoy me and with those weaknesses in mind I can't see myself using it as a long-term IEM.

Quote:
Ah, yes - did you get a chance to listen to the GR07?

Otherwise, nice writeups!  Looking forward to seeing future updates!

Yeah I listened to the GR07 and it sounds very dissimiliar to the EX600, they are only rivals in price and value, but they have different sound.

The GR07 sounds quite similiar to the RE252, it doesn't matter to me if the RE252 becomes discontinued since the GR07 exists for less, the only advantage the RE252 has is it sounds a bit more raw and unrefined in a good way, I'd say the GR07 seems more balanced.
It slipped my mind that the GR07 uses bio-cellulose and that's why I was initially attracted to it... I couldn't hear any "bio-cellulose" while I was listening to it, in other words it didn't remind me of the Sony E888, which is a shame, I was hoping the GR07 would sound like the E888 inside an IEM, and it does not, so... I guess I have some renewed faith in the overlooked E888, however it's difficult to recommend to anyone since it mostly consists of fakes on ebay, but if you order one from audiocubes or from amazon.jp you'll get a legit one for sure.
I was listening to the E888 on the train on the way to the meet yesterday, however it does fade in comparison to the EX600 and it's more of a collectors item now I think, in rough terms I'd say it can only surpass the EX600 in the unique life-like/natural signature it can provide sometimes with vocals, after removing the plastic grille and rubber ring.

Quote:
Really fun reads. I very much like that you kept it personal and wrote in your own voice. These sort of impressions are always helpful and welcome. Just not always so personal and fun. Thanks

Thank you.

Quote:
I believe in the mean time, the remainder of the reserved posts should be occupied with pictures of kiteki wearing [her(?)] various earphones. Let's have it my friend. 
wink_face.gif

I am not a model for Teclast.com.

Quote:
But the most important question goes unanswered... who's the girl holding the teclast?

My next girlfriend.

Quote:
Jm2c, you might also consider the Final Audio heaven A (FI-BA-A1). You can get them for less than the e-Q5 (depending on where you live) and they have slightly better SQ imo. Haven't heard the RE272 though.

Yup I listened to the FI-BA-SB and I liked it except I A/B'd it with my Sony EX700 and I liked the EX700 better instantly or it's tonality so I skipped the SB however it did sound very very good and if the A1 sounds better it should be amazing and I hope I can try it sometime soon and I have faith in the Final Audio brand!

Quote:
The gr07s are great! Very hard to be Impressed with them frm a 10min trial but I like them better than the earsonics sm3

I think those who appreciate beyer dt1350 will like the gr07

Edition 8s are good and beautiful! Better sounding than the ed10.closed headphones can't get better than this. Ed10s have sunning good looks that's all

Yes, 10 minutes isn't enough for the GR07, I think I had 5 Lol, that Jaben guy Josh is really cool and nice.

For the ULTRASONES it seems like our opinions vary, unless you're getting the model numbers mixed up?  well I am very new to Ultrasone so I couldn't know what to expect of the sound, the first Ultrasone I ever heard was the Edition 8 yesterday.

I liked the looks of the Edition 8, it looks like it's forged from a piece of silver jet.

I liked the sound of the Edition 10, quite a bit more than the sound of the Edition 8, I think, it's called "the butterfly" right? Just to confirm we're not confusing model numbers here.

Oh, I listened to the Ultrasone PRO 900 as well, it wasn't quite the bass impact killer I was expecting and the highs just weren't quite right for me, so as far as "bass killers" go in my collection (of which I have a total of zero) my curiosity is leaning more towards the Sony XB1000 as of this moment in time.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #51 of 3,746

So after realising the ATH-ANC23 only costs $50 I try to place an order on amazon.com...

Items: AUD 51.37
Shipping & Handling: AUD 74.61

Total Before Tax: AUD 125.98
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:* AUD 0.00

Order Total: AUD 125.98

Why does this always happen.........

You guys in the U.S. are so lucky! :wink:

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #52 of 3,746
Why ANC?? lol. Don't you have ety er4p or something? they isolate better and sound better??

The ed8's are my dream headphone, so I doubt i got my models wrong. The ed10s are like a pipedream.

The Ed 8's are everything I like in a closed headphone

The Ed10's are waaaayyyy tooo bright. Like WHAT DA FARK!?!?! they sound like Fran Drescher singing!!!

I have the XB700 :p   they're okaaay.  

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #53 of 3,746

I didn't find the Edition 10 way too bright, hehe.

When I've tried NC in the past it gives me a headache and I don't like it at all, the NC in the ANC23 was actually OK, I didn't get that headache feeling, but if I could pick them up for under $60 I'd use them without the NC, you don't have to have it turned on.

I'm not that picky about isolation, but I think the Ety ER-4's are overrated because they're the only IEM I've used where I couldn't achieve a good fit instantly, actually I had the worst fit ever, I really liked the sound of the ER-4S though so I was sad to let them go on a sound quality basis, I traded for the Sony EX600.

In future, I might pick up the ER-4 driver inside a custom IEM shell, that would be pretty good! After hearing the UM Aero, I couldn't hear the ER-4S highs AT ALL and the Aero was unsatisfactory to me, I think the CI's were dominating the spectrum, so I'll be getting a custom with the ED-29689 alone when I have the spare cash for unnecessary custom IEM's. :)

I also found a cable in China that's been designed so you can hot swap impedance and it has built in capacitors as well, which means you can change your IEM from the ER-4P to the ER-4S and ER-4B on the go.

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #55 of 3,746
Glad I wasn`t they only person whose scroll bar failed to work.

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #58 of 3,746
Oh all us IEM geeks , how we worship a good looking girl that knows about IEMs
beyersmile.png

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #60 of 3,746
You need to rein in on this creative juice of yours in creating random customs :S
your wallet might bleed lol

There was actually a bid on eBay ending yesterday for two pairs of Ety HF5, broken cables. 12bux + 20 shipping to AUS. woulda been great for you. I was thinking about it but naaaah :p

Diff ppl have diff ears and diff tastes I guess. I wasn't as impressed with the LCD2 as I was with the HD800 for example. And the Beyer 880 comes pretty close to the LCD2 while being about half the price.

Everybody should just buy goldrings :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back