The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Sep 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #32 of 3,746
I thought the merlins sounded the most fun!!! very very good!!
but the miracles are quite something. Easily one of the more impressive things on display.

Along with the HD800s

And the DT1350

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #33 of 3,746

HP-P1 was better than expected, it's interesting I only used it as a portable amp, I didn't unlock it's full potential as a DAC as well... I hope the HP-A3 amp sounds the same as the HP-P1, I have to find that out... somehow.

You're right though, digital transport, that is pretty cool, it would be my portable rig of choice, that's for sure!

LCD-2 versus customs, that's difficult, I haven't considered that... I listened to the HD800 directly after the LCD-2 btw...

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #37 of 3,746
Nice impressions in your very unique and entertaining writing style - thanks kiteki, subscribed.
smile_phones.gif

I particularly liked the part about the UM Miracle's surround soundstage. Joker was the first one to point this out and thus saved me from a mispurchase. Happy to have opted for the UERM instead, which do nothing of that sort. From your description, I think I would prefer the Mage over the Miracle.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #38 of 3,746
Thanks James.

I went for the "more drivers = better" approach, I should have my first custom IEM in about 3 weeks, it's called the Hexae and I'll be the first english speaking person to own one.

I'm sure the UERM sounds good, it seems very popular, and yes I think you'd personally prefer the Mage over the Miracle, the Mage has more of a special sound and the Miracle is just for watching movies =)

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #39 of 3,746
Outstanding write-up & review kiteki.  I am slowly trying to get into the iem world (serious iems) and there are just so many products now, it gets dizzying.  Always enjoy reading your posts.  Great job!!!

Quote:
Another thing that bothers me is that I notice that marketing and other peoples opinions "the status quo" affects me, I just want to listen to gear and say what I want and like what I want, and that's what this thread is for. 

Cheers

beerchug.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #41 of 3,746
The RE-252 stopped playing from one ear unfortunately (and it was my favourite of the 3 IEMs i had) and since there was no warranty (bought from abother head-fier) well bye bye 252
frown.gif

The discman is nice but last 6 months my J3 is my DAP cause of its portability (tired of carrying around a 24-cd case with me)

On another non-audiophile topic , i want you to check/watch this american indie movie , the girl there reminds me your way of thinking , dreamy/surreal

The movie kicks ass btw (and all of you ladies&gentlemen who like inspired,well written soulful mvies check it out too)

Lawn Dogs.

ps : what do you think of the RE-272 ? I think i will buy this or the e-q5 as my next IEM (i have only my re-zeros working atm)

Quote:

Thanks proedros, I had to make a thread where I can just write how I feel, Lol.

Nice discman and RE252 btw.

Sep 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #44 of 3,746
I believe in the mean time, the remainder of the reserved posts should be occupied with pictures of kiteki wearing [her(?)] various earphones. Let's have it my friend. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #45 of 3,746
But the most important question goes unanswered... who's the girl holding the teclast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back