The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Sep 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #226 of 3,746

I'm pretty sure the Teclast is Apple compatible... since really all you need to do is transfer files! It will show up as an external drive, and then you put your music on there in a logical folder structure and away you go.

Some users just throw their music on their in a random heap of files, and then they try to navigate the T51 for an hour, throw it out the window, and quickly write a negative review calling it a Chinese POS, to the people that have called it "slow" I honestly have no idea what they're doing, they must have put 20GB of songs on it and then clicked on "All file" or something like that.
All you ever need to click on is "Directory", and the interface is super fast after you select "Cartoon setting = off".

I advise you put MP3 on the internal 8GB and put FLAC on a 16GB Kingston MicroSD.

The T51 only has around 10 hours of battery life and takes forever to charge, I just don't understand where all the juice is flowing.

The T51 sounds a million times better than the S9.

The S9 feels very light and flimsy, and the sound quality is fake and filtered, like there's a veil between you and the music.  It had some really Equalizer and enhancement featuers which I liked, but on higher-end IEM's Eq and enhancement features become exponentially less necessary, I loved Eq when I er... used Sony earbuds.

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #227 of 3,746

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the Teclast is Apple compatible... since really all you need to do is transfer files! It will show up as an external drive, and then you put your music on there in a logical folder structure and away you go.

Some users just throw their music on their in a random heap of files, and then they try to navigate the T51 for an hour, throw it out the window, and quickly write a negative review calling it a Chinese POS, to the people that have called it "slow" I honestly have no idea what they're doing, they must have put 20GB of songs on it and then clicked on "All file" or something like that.
All you ever need to click on is "Directory", and the interface is super fast after you select "Cartoon setting = off".

I advise you put MP3 on the internal 8GB and put FLAC on a 16GB Kingston MicroSD.

The T51 only has around 10 hours of battery life and takes forever to charge, I just don't understand where all the juice is flowing.

The T51 sounds a million times better than the S9.

The S9 feels very light and flimsy, and the sound quality is fake and filtered, like there's a veil between you and the music.  It had some really Equalizer and enhancement featuers which I liked, but on higher-end IEM's Eq and enhancement features become exponentially less necessary, I loved Eq when I er... used Sony earbuds.

Hm, mmkays. I was eying the J3 earlier (a lot of people here seem to own that, an S9, or a Clip+) as the interface and the folder structure browsing is convenient (I've spent ages trying to re-organize my messy music files). Maybe I'll wait until their new media player comes out (I forgot the name, but you posted a pic of it in an earlier post).

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #228 of 3,746

Yeah the Teclast T59 will be coming out one day in the unforseeable future, 2015?

I know the J3 is popular around here, and I'm not saying the J3 is bad, I just didn't like the S9 so I can't be bothered revisiting Cowon after that negative experience.

What initially excited me was their marketing that they have the highest mW output of any portable media players, I have to admit I don't have the technical knowledge to fully understand mW output and impedance output, even today.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #229 of 3,746

Quote:

Yeah the Teclast T59 will be coming out one day in the unforseeable future, 2015?

I know the J3 is popular around here, and I'm not saying the J3 is bad, I just didn't like the S9 so I can't be bothered revisiting Cowon after that negative experience.

What initially excited me was their marketing that they have the highest mW output of any portable media players, I have to admit I don't have the technical knowledge to fully understand mW output and impedance output, even today.

Wah, so far away? If an upgrade to the J3 comes by before that I might just go with that (I need something bigger than 7 GB; darn iPod Touch OS uses 1 GB of my 8 GB memory). I haven't seen much about the Teclast products.

Are there any vendors closer to America who sell Teclast products? I could ask a friend to get me one from HK or China, but I only really know 1 person who would do such a favor for me and that's my ex-girlfriend...which might be kinda awkward.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #233 of 3,746
the fostex 'teriyaki' looks gorgeous! did u buy them just recently? hmm..u seem to get more comments on ur gender and race than anything else XD btw, in regards to post #5, we're in melb, its a sin to not drink alot of coffee :p

edit: just occured to me the fostex look slightly similar to denons (apart from the cups).

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #234 of 3,746
Which Tesla did you get? The T1?

Quote:

The Tesla is going to be my final full-size headphone and we'll be in love forever.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #235 of 3,746

Quote:

Hmm?  What's this?

Precisely.

Quote:
the fostex 'teriyaki' looks gorgeous! did u buy them just recently? hmm..u seem to get more comments on ur gender and race than anything else XD btw, in regards to post #5, we're in melb, its a sin to not drink alot of coffee :p

edit: just occured to me the fostex look slightly similar to denons (apart from the cups).

They look irresistable and no that's a picture from the internet I don't have them, they are a mysterious headphone made from a Japanese tree called the Keyaki, the diaphragms are grown in a lab from a specific bacteria culture.

They look similiar in design to the Denon D7000 and perhaps the Sony R10 a little bit too I think.

I can't blame people for trying their luck with my avatar, I know I would.

Quote:
Which Tesla did you get? The T1?

T5p.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #236 of 3,746

Quote:

Precisely.

They look irresistable and no that's a picture from the internet I don't have them, they are a mysterious headphone made from a Japanese tree called the Keyaki, the diaphragms are grown in a lab from a specific bacteria culture.

They look similiar in design to the Denon D7000 and perhaps the Sony R10 a little bit too I think.

I can't blame people for trying their luck with my avatar, I know I would.

T5p.

Looks the most like the Dx000s if you ask me.

Hmm, speaking of which...apparently Fostex, I think it was, OEM'd a lower-end pair of Denons...forgot which one, the D1100?  The Aurvana Live too.  They used a biocellulose diaphragm too...wonder if the resemblance is really a coincidence?

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #238 of 3,746

Fostex makes headphones for all kinds of companies I believe.

They are kinda the most popular earphone company on this planet, in statistics... right? :wink:

Is this the Creative Aurvana Live you're talking about? http://www.foster.co.jp/en_products/headphones/443741.html

I may have to pick one up... but... I told myself only to have 1 headphone... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

p.s. please don't quote entire posts, shorten them to the specifics... THX <3

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #239 of 3,746

Users who are viewing this thread

Back