The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Sep 21, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #243 of 3,746
Hi,

Just dropping by to look at you again, I have nothing to contribute.
tongue.gif

See ya

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #245 of 3,746
lol...better coffee then cigs i suppose? drink more water though since coffee kinda dehydrates u. :p on another note, fostex makes the ibuds for apple so yea, they're pretty big. they make oems for the denon d2000s as well. btw, ur customs arrived yet?

Sep 21, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #247 of 3,746
Are there any vendors closer to America who sell Teclast products? I could ask a friend to get me one from HK or China, but I only really know 1 person who would do such a favor for me and that's my ex-girlfriend...which might be kinda awkward.

Yeah that would be. I haven't seen any teclast in Beijing nor shanghai, though, I admit I did not look very hard. Looking thru their Chinese site, im confident it's a Taiwan product, meaning mainland china is probably not going to carry it. Also... I haven't seen it around even on the streets/Starbucks here (exception beinng one tablet). when I go down to HK in two weeks I'll let u know.

Best bet is ordering one online and have it shipped over, as u'll get some quality gaurantee. My case is different as I'd have to ship from china to can, then can to china as their domestic shipping is very very sketchy

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #248 of 3,746
Just stopped by to say thank you. Your love of the T51 inspired me to get one from HOD. I have only had it a couple days and have not put it down since getting it. The T51 quickly went to my #1 favorite DAP. Some IEMs I have get little use with my iPod, Sansa, and Touch but with the T51 all of them have new life. My Klipsch Kustom 2s just came to life with the T51 and have become a go to quick portable rig. Again THANKS!
Oh and I have to mention the LO ran to my MA KT88 Tube Amp powering Infinity RS2s and Klipsch KG 1.2s is now my desktop rig and sounds purely stunning.

Sep 26, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #249 of 3,746
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparing-world-class-headphones

This  kinda coincided with what I found at the sept meet. With the HD800s vs LCD2. Did not try the rest of the high ends though. Am sad :p   just didn't have the time. I rather spend time with a select few then bits and pieces of everything.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #250 of 3,746

Quote:
lol...better coffee then cigs i suppose? drink more water though since coffee kinda dehydrates u. :p on another note, fostex makes the ibuds for apple so yea, they're pretty big. they make oems for the denon d2000s as well. btw, ur customs arrived yet?

Well... I found a little "viet town" close to where I live, and they sell Thai red bull, so that is my new alternative to smoking for now.

Yes I know, Fostex makes a lot of high quality products for various companies, they're a bit like Knowles in the IEM world, unheard of and a key player in the best sound available.

Quote:
BTW, I was referring to the (wooden) cups.

Right... you and your wooden cups Lol :)  The A2000X sound so much better than W5000 in my opinion... at least with the source I tried... I think people are attracted to the W5000 wood, and yes, I can see that appeal, I guess I was just lucky I was more attracted to the titanium on the A2000X, and lucky I loved that sound the most from the closed can Audio Technica series.

Quote:

[...] I haven't seen it around even on the streets/Starbucks here (exception beinng one tablet). [...]

You are not going to see Teclast at Starbucks... that is a huge contradiction in demographics, I think you underestimate the power of marketing, just because Teclast makes good products that rival [or, let's face it, vastly surpass] Apple products doesn't mean you'll see Teclast at your local Cafe. :)

Quote:
Just stopped by to say thank you. Your love of the T51 inspired me to get one from HOD. I have only had it a couple days and have not put it down since getting it. The T51 quickly went to my #1 favorite DAP. Some IEMs I have get little use with my iPod, Sansa, and Touch but with the T51 all of them have new life. My Klipsch Kustom 2s just came to life with the T51 and have become a go to quick portable rig. Again THANKS!
Oh and I have to mention the LO ran to my MA KT88 Tube Amp powering Infinity RS2s and Klipsch KG 1.2s is now my desktop rig and sounds purely stunning.

You're very welcome! I just say what I think here in this thread...... but if you bought a Teclast and love it... that's excellent!!  and it's nice to see that you're feeding it into a high-end rig (which I'm not familiar with), since that kinda makes me look better, and supports the theory of the very good LO on the T51 :)

I bought the T51 around the same time as my first high-end IEM, the Ck10... however, I know what you mean... I was recently listening to the RE272 for a few days, and rather bored with it's sound... then I used the T51 and it came to life a bit more, in my eyes.

Quote:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparing-world-class-headphones

This  kinda coincided with what I found at the sept meet. With the HD800s vs LCD2. Did not try the rest of the high ends though. Am sad :p   just didn't have the time. I rather spend time with a select few then bits and pieces of everything.

I'm not interested enough to read that in detail, I liked his video review of the Creative Aurvana Live, and he seems like an experienced and insightful person, with a lot of good information, but I didn't like the way he mocked the Ultrasone Edition 10, for example...... and a lot of people cite innerfidelity measurements to prove/disprove things in theads on head-fi, I like measurements but some people just take it too seriously instead of actually just listening to a headphone.

At the meet you're talking about, I listened to the Edition 8 and Edition 10 side by side, the 10 sounded clearly better in my opinion, when I saw the "witch hunt" on the internet when I looked it up later that night I just thought it was silly, that's just my take on it..... :)

Let's not forget I now own the headphone I thought sounded best at that meet, and it sounds even better now than it did then!! I feel quite amazed currently.

p.s. I do like that comment in the link "this is hardly world-class, without the Qualia 010 and TakeT H2" <---- so true lol.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #251 of 3,746

Quote:

I'm not interested enough to read that in detail, I liked his video review of the Creative Aurvana Live, and he seems like an experienced and insightful person, with a lot of good information, but I didn't like the way he mocked the Ultrasone Edition 10, for example...... and a lot of people cite innerfidelity measurements to prove/disprove things in theads on head-fi, I like measurements but some people just take it too seriously instead of actually just listening to a headphone.

At the meet you're talking about, I listened to the Edition 8 and Edition 10 side by side, the 10 sounded clearly better in my opinion, when I saw the "witch hunt" on the internet when I looked it up later that night I just thought it was silly, that's just my take on it..... :)

Let's not forget I now own the headphone I thought sounded best at that meet, and it sounds even better now than it did then!! I feel quite amazed currently.

p.s. I do like that comment in the link "this is hardly world-class, without the Qualia 010 and TakeT H2" <---- so true lol.

The Qualia q10 and the TakeT H2 are arguably good headphones if not legendary ones. The reason why they're not included in this world class review is perhaps because of their availability, which is also why stuff like the HE90 and Sony R10 and the what nots are not included. Every headphone in this world class list is easily available as they're in current production. Maybe one of the Beyer's and the Ultrasone's shoulda been included but thats not up to us now is that? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back