The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #2,371 of 3,746

Quote:

Thanks for the link mbamg, that auction finishes in 4 days, and it will take 20-35 days to ship to me.

Americans are buying them for $19.99 with free shipping, while I am importing them for $XXX from Tel Aviv on camel-foot...

I live in Canada, so I ended up buying a 4GB Clip+ from some guy in Florida for $38 (still better than $50 + tax). Shipping should take about 1-2 business weeks.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #2,372 of 3,746
I'm also still in contact with the seller, and he answers my PMs quickly and consistently. He gave me a working tracking number as well. Not typical scammer behavior.

If the item never shows up, I'm pretty sure the postal system is to blame. We've worked out a time table and a plan for how to follow up in the even that it occurs. I just don't know how much I'll be reimbursed, since it wasn't fully insured.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #2,374 of 3,746

Quote:
And for the record, this wasn't some dude in Hungary who told me I had to pay him using a gift payment and that I had to hurry up and do it because he needed the money for his dying great uncle. He was a head-fi regular who did business with people I trust, had plenty of feedback, and let me pay any way I chose. It was my decision to pay as a gift, and when I did so I knew the risk involved.

Well then hopefully things will work out for you. Just always scary not having any protection... Especially the part where you say he wasn't able to fully ensure the item...

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #2,375 of 3,746
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #2,377 of 3,746

Quote:
For the record, the Nozomi is Dual Core. That report linked here is false, this here notes that the Nozomi runs on the MSM8660 platform, which is a dual core 1.5GHz chipset:
http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/01/06/sony-ericsson-lt26i-nozomi-benchmarked-and-sized-up-against-xperia-arc-s/

I
nteresting, didn't know that the Optimus 2x has the Wolfson in it. Gonna be interesting getting one in my paws and running Cyanogen + Voodoo off of it =)

Possibly dump the Fiio E6?

I have the P999 (called Optimus 2x by Wind Mobile where I live) and I found that speaker sound quality drops significantly when I switch from stock firmware to Cyanogenmod7. The lowest possible volume for headphones is also too high for me.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #2,378 of 3,746

Quote:
Well then hopefully things will work out for you. Just always scary not having any protection... Especially the part where you say he wasn't able to fully ensure the item...

Yeah, it was a mistake on my part to assume it would be fully insured. Had I realized it at the time, I would have paid the extra for full coverage and faster 3rd party shipping.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #2,380 of 3,746

Quote:
Yeah, it was a mistake on my part to assume it would be fully insured. Had I realized it at the time, I would have paid the extra for full coverage and faster 3rd party shipping.

May I ask how much you scored them for? I've been hearing very hi praises for these headphones. In my case I wouldn't mind getting something as hi end some day just that I want to make it a one stop shopping spree and not own multiple expensive items...

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #2,381 of 3,746
Quote:

That's why I said "with your kind of buying power".

Sure, but with any kind of buying power, even if she owned a bank, your recommendation above the IE80 was still K3003....

So, are you saying it's the best UIEM, rivalling your two(?) Final Audios, and agreeing with music_4321 that custom IEM's are overrated? =)

I am reading that thread now, it says Jaben Jakarta sold 4 in the first week, that means I'll demo it next time I'm in Jakarta.

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #2,382 of 3,746

Quote:
Sure, but with any kind of buying power, even if she owned a bank, your recommendation above the IE80 was still K3003....

So, are you saying it's the best UIEM, rivalling your two(?) Final Audios, and agreeing with music_4321 that custom IEM's are overrated? =)

I am reading that thread now, it says Jaben Jakarta sold 4 in the first week, that means I'll demo it next time I'm in Jakarta.

People buy custom IEMs mainly to get the perfect fit. While you could customize the amount of drivers and such, with the meagre budget that most of us have I would far prefer custom eartips with whatever IEMs that we use. So yeah, while I've never listened to them, from a purely economic perspective I find them not worth the price.

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #2,383 of 3,746

Quote:
People buy custom IEMs mainly to get the perfect fit. While you could customize the amount of drivers and such, with the meagre budget that most of us have I would far prefer custom eartips with whatever IEMs that we use. So yeah, while I've never listened to them, from a purely economic perspective I find them not worth the price.

I think you are missing a piece of the puzzle. Not only is the fit better but these drivers have different flavors that generally a universal can't fulfill. Now I can't speak as if I know this as a fact but going off of owners impressions that is what I am understanding. Now I can't say for 100% that this isn't also the doing of placebo effect as that is also a possibility, but I highly doubt this.

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #2,384 of 3,746

Hey muppet, have you even heard the A2000X?  You have soooo many Audio Technicas, and you just bought a second L3000, I'm confuse.

I've seen the A2000X compared to L3000 in sound signature.

By the way I noticed you already have the Tesla T1, so just to elaborate, I'm wondering if the T5p has the same driver as the T1 but sounds different at 32 ohms versus 600, and a real amplifier will make the T1 sound more like the T5p, and less like a Stax...

Anyway I'll A/B them at a local store sometime, and that guy in Singapore with a jetpilot avatar wants me to A/B T5p and SRH-940, since he's convinced the T5p is nothing but a "halogen clarion" in his words.

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,385 of 3,746
Quote:
I think you are missing a piece of the puzzle. Not only is the fit better but these drivers have different flavors that generally a universal can fulfill. Now I can't speak as if I know this as a fact but going off of owners impressions that is what I am understanding. Now I can't say for 100% that this isn't also the doing of placebo effect as that is also a possibility, but I highly doubt this.

Err... you mean CANNOT? Sure you could customize the drivers, but you could also buy an universal IEM with the sound signature that you prefer and get custom eartips for them if you aren't satisfied with the ones that come with them. I'm actually surprised that custom eartips don't have a larger following in these forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back