The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #2,356 of 3,746
Quote:
My G2x has the Wolfson but unless you root and install Voodoo, the phone doesn't even really make use of it.  I'm very happy with my phone's audio now that I have it all set up but I don't know why the phone OEMs put stuff in there and then don't use t!

G2x?

Quote:
basspumping audiocrap

Lol...

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #2,357 of 3,746
Quote:
The problem seemed to be due to a particular file that was encoded in a way that upset the Clip Zip. It's working now.

I'm trying to delete the music that came pre-installed though, as it's not showing up in the music folder or anywhere I can discern. Seems to be hidden someplace deep.

IIRC, should be able to access and delete the pre-installed music in MTP mode.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #2,359 of 3,746
Are you F%cking joking me!? You paid $2000.00 or more via gift to this guy? Man o man when will you people learn lol...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
So I'm dealing with a rather frustrating problem myself.

The guy who sent my L3000 did so using the slowest possible method. Right at the holiday season. Ehhhhh...

He also says that you can't insure something up to the full amount in Austria? So apparently it's not fully insured either.

The last tracking update was on the 14th of December. It says "origin country is preparing to ship!" When I check the tracking from the origin country's website, it says something to the effect of "we shipped it lol."

So neither end of the mail system wants to accept responsibility and tell me a damn thing. The seller seems quite nonchalant about it all, which is understandable seeing as he has my money already. Sent as a Paypal "gift" because I'm stupid. He assures me that it will come, that in his experience (whatever that is?) it can take a long time. I know the holidays cause a backlog. But I have a bad feeling about this, to quote Bollo from Mighty Boosh.

I haven't had something this expensive take so long to arrive, without any tracking updates. The seller tells me if it doesn't arrive by the end of next week then he can file an investigative inquiry at the postal service there. I certainly can't start it, since my post office told me it has to come from the origin country.

TLDR: I think I've just lost a lot of money.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #2,360 of 3,746
Quote:
Hm, the Nexus might have a Wolfson DAC as well

No I think it's this one

http://www.ti.com/product/twl6040

According to here, the Galaxy S II audio quality is bad, and if you have to install special drivers then it doesn't seem like Samsung is paying attention to audio quality, instead they want an extremely power efficient unit, which means high output impedance and low voltage and so on, according to that thread.

So... I will skip Samsung I think.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #2,361 of 3,746
     Quote:
Are you F%cking joking me!? You paid $2000.00 or more via gift to this guy? Man o man when will you people learn lol...
rolleyes.gif

Lee, I think people have made transactions with 'gift' for a few decades before paypal existed, or paid after you received the product as well.

Look at the thread about paypal smashing a violin, user "Radio_head" says he always pays with gift, because he refuses to give paypal any money, some people have their reasons.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #2,362 of 3,746

Quote:
     Quote:

Lee, I think people have made transactions with 'gift' for a few decades before paypal existed, or paid after you received the product as well.

Look at the thread about paypal smashing a violin, user "Radio_head" says he always pays with gift, because he refuses to give paypal any money, some people have their reasons.

I understand Kiteki but you run the risk of being scammed. And on a major purchase such as this its not a smart idea period. Not sure if you read some of the recent posts regarding a scammer in the USA and in China. Both of these people established a good buyer/seller history then cashed in on a major item and just took off with the cash. Its not worth the risk regardless...

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #2,365 of 3,746
Quote:
With all due respect, it's 1000 Pounds in England, 1000 Euros in central Europe, more expensive than a Tesla T1 or UE18Pro, ...

That's why I said "with your kind of buying power".

Quote:
AKG is a shadow of its former self, having produced some truly great products in the past but wallowing in mediocrity since being fully absorbed into a larger corporate structure.

The K3003 seems to be their first truly "high end" product since the K1000 though, which has me quite curious to try it.

The K3003 have nothing in common with the usual Harman stuff. They are both an extremely competent audio tool and a true work of art.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2,367 of 3,746
@kiteki if you want a 8GB Clip Zip there's an auction on ebay by some guy in Tel Aviv (with free shipping worldwide) currently at $40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Zip-Black-8-GB-Digital-Media-Player-FREE-WORLDWIDE-SHIPPING-/150730596201?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5421686239841398596

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #2,368 of 3,746
And for the record, this wasn't some dude in Hungary who told me I had to pay him using a gift payment and that I had to hurry up and do it because he needed the money for his dying great uncle. He was a head-fi regular who did business with people I trust, had plenty of feedback, and let me pay any way I chose. It was my decision to pay as a gift, and when I did so I knew the risk involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back