The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 29, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #32,776 of 35,343
Yeah, traditionally they have had a memorial day sale, as well as a sale on every major holiday. Since I didn’t get an email from Musicteck about a sale, I guess we have to wait for 7/4.

I will say, though, if you have a particular item in mind, reach out to Andrew at Musicteck, I’ve found him to be an accommodating guy. ✌️
I do agree that they will give you the extra discount. But the problem is for some reason, if you don't like it or changed your mind and want to return it, they will charge 15-20% restocking fee.

In my case, I didn't accepted the product and returned it to the sender. They tried to charge a restocking fee of 20%.I have opened a dispute with the credit card to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #32,777 of 35,343
I do agree that they will give you the extra discount. But the problem is for some reason, if you don't like it or changed your mind and want to return it, they will charge 15-20% restocking fee.

In my case, I didn't accepted the product and returned it to the sender. They tried to charge a restocking fee of 20%.I have opened a dispute with the credit card to resolve the issue.

Yes, that is their policy. Regarding the restocking fee on an unopened package, that’s not right and you should win your dispute. Good luck!

May 29, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #32,778 of 35,343

Why would you buy something then refuse it at the last second?

You are aware they have paid for the shipping to you and its a consumed service thats not refundable.

May 29, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #32,779 of 35,343
I’m sure this will be resolved to both parties satisfaction. Anymore Memorial Day deals? As a reminder, Campfire Audio is still offering 20% off on their Market items. Snag an Ara for a great price. I’ve ordered many b-stock items from them ranging from ‘acceptable’ to ‘excellent’ and to be honest most of the time have a hard time figuring what makes them b-stock. Even my ‘acceptable’ Jupiter was limited to slight paint wear. I will say though I am disappointed you only get 1 mesh bag now instead of the previous 3, the little things are awesome.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #32,780 of 35,343
Shipping and 3% of the transaction is a lost for the company, independent if the item is unopened.

May 29, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #32,781 of 35,343
Shipping and 3% of the transaction is a lost for the company, independent if the item is unopened.
True. But depending on the price the customer paid for the product, for the seller to retain a full 20% of that price as a restocking fee (which seems high in the absolute sense to start with) may amount to a windfall profit--such as when a product costs over $500, as many do.

May 29, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #32,782 of 35,343
May 29, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #32,783 of 35,343
Yes, that is their policy. Regarding the restocking fee on an unopened package, that’s not right and you should win your dispute. Good luck!
Yes. I won and got the full refund. But people need to be aware of this 20% restocking fee issue before they buy a product from Musictek. Personally I wouldn't adive to buy it from them because of the restocking fee rule😎.

May 29, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #32,784 of 35,343
True. But depending on the price the customer paid for the product, for the seller to retain a full 20% of that price as a restocking fee (which seems high in the absolute sense to start with) may amount to a windfall profit--such as when a product costs over $500, as many do.
I think the best way to think of the return policy is that the company is using financial incentives (or disincentives) to shape behavior. For example Amazon’s generous return policy is used to incentivize people to lower barriers and buy a product they may have some doubts about. Other companies may feel their best interest is in disincentivizing people buying and returning, choosing to give up some buyers for whom such a policy would be objectionable. In both cases it is the company creating the policy, and the consumer deciding whether to spend money with the seller. It works on the macro scale, though is annoying to some. Vote with your wallet.

May 29, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #32,785 of 35,343
May 29, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #32,786 of 35,343
Deep Discount has their "Spring Cleaning" sale going on with some items where the coupon code "SPRING" takes 50% off. Some audio brands included in the sale are Audio Technica and Kanto (speaker and headphone stands). That coupon makes a lot of those Kanto products the lowest price I've ever seen:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/deep-spring-cleaning-consumer-products-may-2022/b245898
Are any of the cartridges good deals?
https://www.deepdiscount.com/deep-s...y-2022/b245898?mod=AP&ft=Needles+&+Cartridges

May 29, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #32,787 of 35,343
Yes. I won and got the full refund. But people need to be aware of this 20% restocking fee issue before they buy a product from Musictek. Personally I wouldn't adive to buy it from them because of the restocking fee rule😎.

Bear in mind that expensive items have less sales per year and traders don't want to hold large numbers in stock. If they sell 1-2 a year they don't want to be holding 3-4 in stock. That is tying up their working capital, that would otherwise be available to carry other items (which are more likely to turn over). They are also normally shipping to you using more expensive carriers, that offer higher levels of protection for lost or damaged parcels. If the product does not arrive, is faulty or not as described, then they (or the carrier) should certainly be held liable. If you change your mind, they have acted in good faith, and are doing you a favor by agreeing to restock the item at all.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #32,788 of 35,343

Good for you!

May 29, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #32,789 of 35,343
May 29, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #32,790 of 35,343
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back