The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 19, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #31,501 of 35,337
How is Adorama with returns ?

I've heard some horror stories but I can't judge since I've never purchased from them before even though I'm local.
I had a bad experience with them...I'm a professional photographer and retoucher (so I buy a lot of gear on a regular basis). Used to use Adorama exclusively and never needed to return anything. Then one day I ordered a tripod on close-out with the condition clearly being labeled "Close-Out - Fully Functional". Picture looked like a new tripod so I went with it. Only problem is when it arrived it wasn't the same one and most importantly: it came with only 2 legs.

Tried to return and they wouldn't take it back saying it was sold As-Is. And yes, it was listed As-Is, but again...it was also listed "Fully Functional" and no mention of it being even used (it was, scuffs and nicks abound and one of the tightening collars was stripped)...not to mention you know...the whole "tri" part of tripod denoting 3 legs supposed to be there...

Asked to elevate to a supervisor and the person they bumped me up to called me stupid and told me to just "deal with it" in a private email. Hadn't shopped there in maybe 5 years since until I recently saw on a photography forum that that person left the company.

Recently took a chance and bought some open box iSine 10's there since they were so cheap that worst case scenario I'm only out $100. Anything expensive (like typical photography gear) I would still go to B&H or even Amazon though, since the return process can go bad if they want to be difficult. I guess if you have buyer protection through a credit card that could handle any potential issues but ymmv.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #31,502 of 35,337
Selling the consumer business doesn't mean its going to be closed.

Sennheiser is big name in audio, someone will purchase it, it won't shut down.
The point is that if it's sold off, the Sennheiser company as it is known today will have pulled out of the consumer business. The sold entity may license the Sennheiser name and keep the brand alive, but Sennheiser qua Sennheiser will no longer produce consumer audio.
I don't fully get what's so hard to understand and why there's even a debate about what "getting out of the consumer business" means tbh

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #31,505 of 35,337
How is Adorama with returns ?

I've heard some horror stories but I can't judge since I've never purchased from them before even though I'm local.

I returned a pair of speakers that I decided not to keep. As easy as making an RMA request on the website.

Feb 20, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #31,506 of 35,337
Mangird Tea IEMs and 250 Drop points for $250, down from $300, through Drop:
https://drop.com/buy/mangird-tea-iem

This is an outstanding IEM for the price, one of the best values out there even at MSRP.

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed... this is the 500th deal I've posted on this thread!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #31,507 of 35,337
Feb 20, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #31,508 of 35,337
Feb 20, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #31,509 of 35,337
Supposedly tuned different. But I'm guessing that is driving the price down.

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #31,510 of 35,337
I had a bad experience with them...I'm a professional photographer and retoucher (so I buy a lot of gear on a regular basis). Used to use Adorama exclusively and never needed to return anything. Then one day I ordered a tripod on close-out with the condition clearly being labeled "Close-Out - Fully Functional". Picture looked like a new tripod so I went with it. Only problem is when it arrived it wasn't the same one and most importantly: it came with only 2 legs.
So they sold you a bipod?? 😂

Feb 21, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #31,511 of 35,337
Feb 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #31,515 of 35,337
An Amazon seller of FIIL earbuds seems to be closing out their neckband style models for $10-15, originally in 2019 about $50-$100, so a good discount. I own a couple of them and like the comfort, neutral sound and good connectivity. Battery life is OK. An ACIL branded neckband model from the same importer has AptxHD but is a bit light on bass imho.
- ANC Model with hybrid Dynamic and Knowles BA drivers, BT 4.2 - $10
- ANC Model with Dynamic Driver, BT 4.2 - $12.99
- Sports Model, Dynamic Driver, BT 5.0 - $10
- ANC Model Fiil Driifter DNC Plus with Knowles BA drivers, BT 4.2 - $10
- ACIL branded Model H2 with hybrid Dynamic and Knowles with AptX HD from the same importer - $16

If you google FIIL Driifter DNC Plus, or Fiil Driifter ANC you can find some reviews like this one from Gamesky on the then $88 and now $10 DNC Plus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back