The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 8, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #23,177 of 35,316

How reputable is Buydig? Does any one have had good or bad experience dealing with Buydig? I'm debating if I should upgrade to T90 from my current DT880-600ohm.

I bought my 400i's from Buydig very recently, and I was absolutely pleased with how they handled the purchase. It was exactly the buying experience I expected. In the case of the 400i, Buydig was also an authorized dealer, which matters to me a lot. I had the same concern that you have (never heard of them before my purchase), but in the future I will buy from them with confidence. Hope that helps!

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #23,178 of 35,316

Amazon Prime through a Lightning Deal has  the Pro-Ject Essentail II Turntable - Matte Red - with Ortofon OM5E cartridge and dustcover included for $239:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ject-Essentail-II-Turntable-Matte/dp/B00DKSUH52/ref=gbps_tit_s-4_b4a2_8c16eef9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=9c98dce2-d305-4b3b-a624-49433f61b4a2&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_watching&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0X61HN0GGCX4M8PR69NF

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #23,179 of 35,316

How reputable is Buydig? Does any one have had good or bad experience dealing with Buydig? I'm debating if I should upgrade to T90 from my current DT880-600ohm.

I just ordered the T90 from them,
BTW, I too have the DT- 880 600ohm and believe these will sound somewhat different, although the DT-880 600ohm's sound extremely accurate/neutral and do an EXCELLENT job with very "well produced" recordings.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #23,180 of 35,316

I just ordered the T90 from them,
BTW, I too have the DT- 880 600ohm and believe these will sound somewhat different, although the DT-880 600ohm's sound extremely accurate/neutral and do an EXCELLENT job with very "well produced" recordings.

I also ordered T90 after receiving your reply. I completely agree with your comment on the DT-880 600ohm. I hope that T90 will surpass DT-880 with respect to the accuracy/neutrality. By the way, what HP amp are you pairing with DT-880? 

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #23,182 of 35,316

I bought my 400i's from Buydig very recently, and I was absolutely pleased with how they handled the purchase. It was exactly the buying experience I expected. In the case of the 400i, Buydig was also an authorized dealer, which matters to me a lot. I had the same concern that you have (never heard of them before my purchase), but in the future I will buy from them with confidence. Hope that helps!

Thanks for telling me your pleasant experience with Buydig, which facilitated my decision to purchase the item from Buydig.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #23,183 of 35,316
I also ordered T90 after receiving your reply. I completely agree with your comment on the DT-880 600ohm. I hope that T90 will surpass DT-880 with respect to the accuracy/neutrality. By the way, what HP amp are you pairing with DT-880? 

This Chrome T90 deal has me thinking hard. The T90 was the first serious headphone I wanted and since I have forgone the opportunity because I'm worried about the highs giving me treble fatigue over time. I've heard they are 90% or more of the T1's. How good is this deal? Can anyone comment on these wrt the 400i, DT990, or THX00? I have the DT1350 but I think they are an outlier in Beyer's lineup.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #23,185 of 35,316

I am using the Beyerdynamic A20 which I think is SUPERB with the "hard to drive" DT-880 600ohm.
I anticipate the A20 will also do an exemplary job too with the T90's I just ordered..  

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #23,186 of 35,316
Not the best deal in the world, but not a bad one.

HD 800 - Like New Condition
$909.97 - free shipping
From Sennheiser outlet store. 

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/outlet

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #23,188 of 35,316
The T90s are nowhere near as sharp as the DT1350s nor are they the same bass bombs the DT1350s can be if you press the cups onto your ears for a seal or try different pads.  The T90s are aggressive and extremely detailed.  Their downfall is they are unforgiving.  You have to run high source material on regular dacs(all chip dacs are regular dacs, all burr brown, all ess sabre, wolfson, akm, cirrus logic, etc etc etc) flac or better or you have to run it through a tube amp to smooth it or one of the Chord Dacs with god interpolation.  If you try to play mp3s or radio steams without one of these solutions they will give you jaggies(low bitrate distortion its something new that the new hyper accurate dynamics are exposing and the T90s are the headphones that introduced it to most cause of the lower price).  Really these HeadPhones are a nobrainer if you like extreme detail and are probably best with rock or chamber music(small room or studio not a concert hall with instruments).  Im not much of a vocals guy so I dont really fawn over or analyze singers so dont ask me about that.  I got the maroon ones and I like that color better but 230 is a nobrainer these are way better than the 400is or the ones you listed(unless your a basshead but really 400i compared to 500 and he-5le is considered flawed....intentionally as a lower rung that spurs you to double buy to upgrade out of the imperfections T90 doesnt do that it feels complete tho I havent heard a T1).  I havent heard the Fostex Th-x00s and Ive heard mixed results but the person who was negative on those I dont trust but I would guess these have even more detail than the Fostex but these are the typical Beyerdynamic Signature thats a little light on bass(sort of strange higher bass with fast decay).  Still the detail alone makes them amazing(especially with DSD acoustic material maybe not the best for edm or rap)(maybe this is less of an issue with new edm but old stuff may be exposed but rap the bass is just not right tho I quit listening to all rap(this is harder in the states as the recording industry does this on purpose))(this old internet handle has nothing to do with rap)(with this level of ultra revealing headphone you are getting to be too high quality for edm because it exposes to you the fact that edm is really just slapping together samples and these are so accurate you can hear the different air in each sample and it makes it sound more like a collage of samples than a cohesive track often things wont add up right in 3d space) I didnt find the highs piercing or annoying or really sharp but it has super high detail but also very unforgiving and will expose low bitrate source material or artificial low bitrate digital waveforms. A Chord Mojo or a Chord Hugo will solve most of these problems tho if you dont have one you might want to wait till mojo goes on deal again(got mine for 390 USD) or wait and get a Hugo 2 as that is going to be twice the computational power of Mojo and Hugo.  Chord dacs are like hardware upsampling thats super accurate and it can make streams or mp3s like much higher bitrate wav files.  You can listen to edm radio with a Chord and it will sound good and while the bass doesnt go superdeep it doesnt seem light it seems full just not deep its strange it sounds full on dsd acoustic material too but you know its not deep bass and it doesnt reach into subbass.  I know you are gonna scoff if you dont already have one but you need a Chord especially with these headphones.  The highs are not harsh at all but there is so much detail these even expose a little jaggie in a chord upsampled stream but its tolerable and just such an ultra detailed radio stream experience you dont care(where you gonna get endless changing content from around the world other than low bitrate stream the one I like is 128k I have thought recently about hounding them to increase bitrate).

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #23,189 of 35,316

Users who are viewing this thread

Back