The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 5, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #23,147 of 35,334
Hard to go for this after the Massdrop $199 deal...

Not if you don't already have them and want them now.  That deal is not currently available and no guarantees it will be available in the future (although likely due to high demand).

That's true, actually not crazy about the Massdrop way of doing stuff...

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #23,148 of 35,334
Actually had one and sold it, but $200 would be the price I'd buy it back (not that I have any need of this, mind you, and it would break my PURCHASE FREE STREAK!!! YAY ME!!!)

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #23,149 of 35,334

Not if you don't already have them and want them now.  That deal is not currently available and no guarantees it will be available in the future (although likely due to high demand).

Well you could look at it the other way. Now they are much cheaper than they were before that drop was announced and are more accessible to those that might have not been lucky enough to get in on the drop, but still want these cans. They are still well worth it at $300. You do have some people that really hate the aesthetics of the HD6XX that may be willing to pay the premium as well. The people it really hurts are those trying to sell their HD650s. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #23,150 of 35,334
  Well you could look at it the other way. Now they are much cheaper than they were before that drop was announced and are more accessible to those that might have not been lucky enough to get in on the drop, but still want these cans. They are still well worth it at $300. You do have some people that really hate the aesthetics of the HD6XX that may be willing to pay the premium as well. The people it really hurts are those trying to sell their HD650s. 

Very true.  I prefer the look of the standard 650s and the longer cable for home use doesn't hurt either.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #23,151 of 35,334
The HD6xx is unobtanium atm: in excessive demand, and prices are close to the $300 mark on Ebay from bids.

The HD650 would be a good bet, or pick up an used HD600 for $190~ on the classifieds.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #23,152 of 35,334
  I hear ya.  Some things on MD seems to function like Kickstarter projects where they queue up the cash upfront and the delivery dates become a fill in the blank with a few updates stating "....we're working hard on it...expect another update soon..."

You make a good point, been in on something like 6 drops and none of them hit the date first published. Sometimes it is the only way to get certain things like limited colors if you happen to care about those things. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #23,153 of 35,334
  I took the PM3 on a plane trip and it was not very good at blocking out plane rumble. made it very hard to enjoy the music and so i ended up using sony Z5s more, which arent particularly known for isolation, but which did a better job at reducing the low rumble than the PM3.

Thanks, good to know.

The $ and size of the Oppo have me hesitant to use them for plane travel anyway, they just seemed like a good choice otherwise.  DT 1350 have worked very well.  However, on my last trip I only used IEMs, the 1350s never came out of their case.

r2

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #23,154 of 35,334
I've been eyeing these and the Amperior for a while...But currently have the m100 on order for around the same price. Any thoughts on which I should roll with as my next portable? Concerned about comfort and how well it'll work for flight travel.

Both the m100's and the amperiors are great, but sound quite different. I really liked the dt1350 sound, but I couldn't handle the clamping force.

The t51p's sound good but quite different from the dt1350's. Whether considered an sq upgrade is subjective.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #23,155 of 35,334

Very true.  I prefer the look of the standard 650s and the longer cable for home use doesn't hurt either.

+1 While I would might join the Massdrop 6XX next time it comes around, I would still pay for $300 for the HD 650 -- and I do prefer the look of the 650 over the 6XX, incidentally -- but what's blocking me is that I already have the HD 600 and next on my Sennheiser purchase list is the HD 700... and I can pick those up used for about $325.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #23,157 of 35,334
  Keep in mind you can buy the HD650 from Amazon.co.uk, shipped to the USA for cheaper than Amazon.com.  Right now the cost is about $262, though I bought them a few months ago for under $250.

Very interesting!  I just put it in my cart from Amazon.co.uk, but it ended up at $271.14 with shipping.  Still better than $299, but I'm a spoiled American and used to fast Prime delivery. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #23,158 of 35,334

Keep in mind you can buy the HD650 from Amazon.co.uk, shipped to the USA for cheaper than Amazon.com.  Right now the cost is about $262, though I bought them a few months ago for under $250.

Very interesting!  I just put it in my cart from Amazon.co.uk, but it ended up at $271.14 with shipping.  Still better than $299, but I'm a spoiled American and used to fast Prime delivery. 
rolleyes.gif

It's still Prime, it's just that the delivery guy drives on the wrong side of the road and get's into an accident, and they have to send a second truck. And, well, er, it takes time. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #23,159 of 35,334
Very interesting!  I just put it in my cart from Amazon.co.uk, but it ended up at $271.14 with shipping.  Still better than $299, but I'm a spoiled American and used to fast Prime delivery. :rolleyes:

In my experience with Amazon UK, they seem to sit on the order for a few days or more - but then when it ships, it arrives in only two days (at least to NJ). I think they artificially introduce the initial delay just to up-sell priority shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back