The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 7, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #19,891 of 35,319
If I recall correctly, they said that it was a supply issue. I don't think that it was because of another reason.

I believe that the rings are solely for cosmetic purposes. The headphones are open and not enclosed with the wood, like the old Denon series for example.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #19,892 of 35,319
i can finally admit that i am a Mid-Head... would you say that forward mids  is the defining characteristic of the sound coming from the 400i? I never got to demo any Hifiman cans....

The 400i has pretty flat, neutral mids. Which means they are good mids. If your a mid-head I would recommend you audition the hd650. Best, most natural mids I've heard so far.

Correct. I'm a borderline basshead, and most my arsenal is u-shaped (hence my admiration for the 400i mids). I probably should have said I missed the neutral tone of the 400i to be more accurate and not misguide anyone lol.

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #19,895 of 35,319
Jan 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #19,896 of 35,319
Jan 8, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #19,897 of 35,319
If I recall correctly, they said that it was a supply issue. I don't think that it was because of another reason.

I believe that the rings are solely for cosmetic purposes. The headphones are open and not enclosed with the wood, like the old Denon series for example.

How do you have a supply issue with bamboo? Pandas corner the market?

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #19,903 of 35,319
So, I started hitting the gym again and I need a new pair of IEMs. Now I have never gone wireless but the Jay blue Birds have my attention but seem a bit pricey for what I want to use them for, especially having sweat all over them. Any recommendations on something cheaper but still good quality while still being wireless (bluetooth)?

TIA

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #19,904 of 35,319
The LG HBS line is probably the most popular. I have the 750's, the sound is alright, I don't use them for music but I think anyone would be satisfied with them. The bluetooth connection, however, is amazing. It's the most reliable I've ever experienced. You never have to disconnect, reconnect ect. If you don't mind wire's though, the klipsch s4 sports are great as well. Real good sq.

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #19,905 of 35,319
  So, I started hitting the gym again and I need a new pair of IEMs. Now I have never gone wireless but the Jay blue Birds have my attention but seem a bit pricey for what I want to use them for, especially having sweat all over them. Any recommendations on something cheaper but still good quality while still being wireless (bluetooth)?

TIA

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRAS600BT-Active-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B00TA4HRC6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452377896&sr=8-3
Pretty good for gym. I have used them for more then one year and still very reliable, even when you have intensive sports. I changed to Compy tips and they are very comfortable, and also do good isolation. By the way, when I bought them one year earlier, I paid 99 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back