The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 7, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #19,877 of 35,319
Man, did I miss those 400i mids. I've been listening for about an hour since they arrived and, not only was I grinning about the music, my grin was ear to ear mostly because of the ridiculous discounted price I paid. :D

Edit: Thank you deals thread and thank you Sonicelectronix!

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #19,878 of 35,319
Man, did I miss those 400i mids. I've been listening for about an hour since they arrived and, not only was I grinning about the music, my grin was ear to ear mostly because of the ridiculous discounted price I paid.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Thank you deals thread and thank you Sonicelectronix!

i can finally admit that i am a Mid-Head... would you say that forward mids  is the defining characteristic of the sound coming from the 400i? I never got to demo any Hifiman cans....

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #19,879 of 35,319
i can finally admit that i am a Mid-Head... would you say that forward mids  is the defining characteristic of the sound coming from the 400i? I never got to demo any Hifiman cans....

The 400i has pretty flat, neutral mids. Which means they are good mids. If your a mid-head I would recommend you audition the hd650. Best, most natural mids I've heard so far.

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #19,880 of 35,319
Another $995 Adorama LCD-2 bundle deal (the last one was with an AK Jr at the same price), this time with the iFi iDSD:

www.adorama.com/AULCD2LATCB.html?emailprice=t

I really wonder what's going on with these LCD-2 bundles, you would never see these prices previously.

PS. If anyone gets this and wants to get rid of the iDSD at a good price, get back to me :p

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #19,881 of 35,319
Another Adorama LCD-2 bundle deal, this time with the iFi iDSD:

I really wonder what's going on with these LCD-2 bundles, you would never see these prices previously.

PS. If anyone gets this and wants to get rid of the iDSD at a good price, get back to me :p

Actually, I would consider taking you up on that offer.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #19,886 of 35,319
If anyone is interested in the AK Jr, pm me.

I might be willing to buy the bundle if someone will take the Jr off my hands. I'll sell below market value so you get a good deal.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #19,887 of 35,319
Another $995 Adorama LCD-2 bundle deal (the last one was with an AK Jr at the same price), this time with the iFi iDSD:

I actually called Audeze yesterday because of these sales to ask if they were planning on updating the LCD-2 again. They said that they are actually going to discontinue the bamboo version and introduce another wooden varient alongside the rosewood version. They confirmed that the current Fazor sound signature will NOT change though, even despite them admitting that many people are missing that classic, warm Audeze sound signature. It simply will be a cosmetic change.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #19,888 of 35,319
I actually called Audeze yesterday because of these sales to ask if they were planning on updating the LCD-2 again. They said that they are actually going to discontinue the bamboo version and introduce another wooden varient alongside the rosewood version. They confirmed that the current Fazor sound signature will NOT change though, even despite them admitting that many people are missing that classic, warm Audeze sound signature. It simply will be a cosmetic change.

Interesting, did they say why they are discontinuing the bamboo version?

Anybody familiar if the aluminum one sound different from the wooden?

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #19,889 of 35,319

It's an aluminum ring on the sides of an open can vs one made from bamboo/wood.  It's not going to magically sound worse.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #19,890 of 35,319

If I recall correctly, they said that it was a supply issue. I don't think that it was because of another reason.

I believe that the rings are solely for cosmetic purposes. The headphones are open and not enclosed with the wood, like the old Denon series for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back