The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 1, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #19,771 of 35,349

Are these the HM5 pads you are talking about? 

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Hybrid-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZGGG3KY/

Also, do you know if those angled leather HM5 pads are any good on them?

I'm getting a pair soon and will be swappin out the pads ASAP :)

Same question.  I do not see any brainwavz pads called focus, but there are several totally different pads.  Is there a Head-fi threat that discusses Brainwavz pads on the T70?

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #19,772 of 35,349
Magick Man strikes again. Good call on the focus pads. Now I wonder what it would do to the dt880/990!

Can't wait to try it later tonight on the Paradisea 3 + Project Sunrise 3/Cavalli Liquid Carbon.

Hi Jim, just saw this. Here's the thread covering the mod (Magick man). The link is indeed the correct pads, they're similarity to hifiman focus pads is why I call them focus pads.
Are these the HM5 pads you are talking about? 

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Hybrid-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZGGG3KY/

Also, do you know if those angled leather HM5 pads are any good on them?

I'm getting a pair soon and will be swappin out the pads ASAP :)

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #19,773 of 35,349
Hi Jim, just saw this. Here's the thread covering the mod (Magick man). The link is indeed the correct pads, they're similarity to hifiman focus pads is why I call them focus pads.

Thanks,  I was confused because Brainwavz makes an angled pleather pad (angled like Focus) and the pads you link to (not angled, but materials appear much like Focus).    

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #19,776 of 35,349
I gave into the urge during the black Friday sales week. Don't fight it, just let it happen :D

It already did. This was just too damn good to pass up :D

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #19,779 of 35,349
I had one about a year ago, paid $400 and was very impressed. Ended up selling because, though sonically inferior, the K7XX was a better value. This time around, the 400i wins all across the board. K7XX is no longer here, anyway.

Great, now I'm piling up on headphones (again) after just thinning the damn herd! Ahhhhhhhh!

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #19,781 of 35,349
I had one about a year ago, paid $400 and was very impressed. Ended up selling because, though sonically inferior, the K7XX was a better value. This time around, the 400i wins all across the board. K7XX is no longer here, anyway.

Great, now I'm piling up on headphones (again) after just thinning the damn herd! Ahhhhhhhh!

The cycle begins anew, in a new year no less (Happy New Year!). 'Tis life.
rolleyes.gif

Quick question: to you, how did the 400i and K7XX compare soundstage-wise? In other words, which would be better for gaming only, in your opinion?

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #19,782 of 35,349
It already did. This was just too damn good to pass up
biggrin.gif

With the removal of the driver backplate in the new 400i, it may be even closer to the 560 now.

Did you order the mystery bag or one of the bundles?  In the description of the mystery bag, it states it has the screw on type connectors.  I PM'ed Sonic about the other bundle and it was confirmed to have the new type of connectors.

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #19,783 of 35,349
Did you order the mystery bag or one of the bundles?  In the description of the mystery bag, it states it has the screw on type connectors.  I PM'ed Sonic about the other bundle and it was confirmed to have the new type of connectors.

Got it with the fiio X1 since my Cowon s9 has started showing its age.

I would imagine the mystery bag option would come with new connectors too, as the bundles also say screw on type connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back