The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 8, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #17,116 of 35,333

HA!  What is up with Amazon's Description???

"
  1. Susato low d whistle, kildare - large bore, two piece cylindrical plastic, tuneable with a thumb rest
  2. Made by susato whistles - these fine us made whistles have set a new benchmark in sound and quality
  3. Great session whistle
  4. Loud, clear tone
  5. Plastic whistles have good intonation and are not affected by temperature changes  "

For those itching to buy these, take a look at another amazon description of the "sustato low d kildare whistle," which is $221.  That makes the $39 of the listing above a Real Deal:  link

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #17,118 of 35,333
FYI...I asked Sonic Electronix to match the $629 for the Beyer T1 and they did. There is still one T1 left! :wink:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45283_Beyerdynamic-T1-Tesla.html

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #17,120 of 35,333
  SonicElectronix has the Westone 1 for $65: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_42867_Westone-1-W1-Professional-In-Ear-Monitor-Headphones-Earphones.html

If Paypal is an easier checkout use that link ^. If Amazon is an easier checkout (not prime though) then use this link: http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Single-Driver-Universal-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B002LWOKJ2

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #17,123 of 35,333
Not a Headphone, great deal on powered monitors.

Paul's TV through Amazon is closing out the Monster Clarity HD Model One large powered multimedia monitors for $80 a Pair New

They sound very nice and play loud. Glossy Silver Finish.  

Lots of reviews on the net, just search Monster Clarity HD Model One. 

These are relatively large (19" tall) active (4 digital amps) 2 way monitors with an inverted dome tweeter and 6.5" woofer. Original sell price (winter 2011) was $750.

I ordered these a couple of weeks ago at $90, they quickly sold out. I can confirm you get a new pair (the left is passive, all the electronics are in the right, comes with a 15ft XLR cable to connect the two).

NOTE: Both of the pairs I got came with a Monster Streamcast Bluetooth Adapter in the box. This adapter was an option (for $30-$50) but I see on Paul's TV website that they were including it free there. YMMV! I can confirm my existing 30-Pin bluetooth adapter worked fine in the ipod dock, if you do not get a free one.  Some people who ordered when I did them did not get this adapter.  If you do not get it free, I do not recommend the Monster Streamcast...its 2011 bluetooth technology.

Lots of inputs: 3.5mm, Stereo RCA, Unbalanced 1/4" Phone jacks, plus a 30-Pin Apple dock on the top. No switching, all the inputs are live, except the 30 pin which will bypass the others. Comes with a dinky wireless remote for On/Off and Volume.

These are powered (AC wall power), so you can plug directly into anything with a headphone jack, audio out, etc.

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #17,124 of 35,333
Bunch of Monoprice Weatherproof Hard Case with Customizable Foam on Sale.  All with free shipping.

Might make some nice headphone cases:  http://www.monoprice.com/Search/Index?keyword=weatherproof%20hard%20case&itemsort=salepriceasc

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #17,125 of 35,333
  Not a Headphone, great deal on powered monitors.

Paul's TV through Amazon is closing out the Monster Clarity HD Model One large powered multimedia monitors for $80 a Pair New

Awesome deal!
But I have no use for them.
But it's an awesome deal ...

Rinse and Repeat

Please buy them out, someone ...

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #17,126 of 35,333

Awesome deal!
But it's an awesome deal ...

Rinse and Repeat

Please buy them out, someone ...

I'd be happy to buy a set. Give me your Amazon login and I'll order a pair and have them delivered straight to your door. Or you could buy a set, you know you want to.

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #17,127 of 35,333

Awesome deal!

Sure you do, iPod charger  :wink:

They sound quite nice.  Not a lot of deep bass for their size, but the midrange is sweet and smooth.  Treble a little rough (judging at $500 not $80), but there is a 2DB +/- pad for that.   Play very loud if needed.  I would call them borderline audiophile for sure.

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #17,128 of 35,333

I'd be happy to buy a set. Give me your Amazon login and I'll order a pair and have them delivered straight to your door. Or you could buy a set, you know you want to.

I have a better plan.  He gives me his credit card number and I max it out for him so he can't buy anything!  Easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back