The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 24, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #16,096 of 35,316
JDS Labs version seems like a better deal.
For $117 (plus shipping), you're getting rear power, RCA inputs, gain settings of your preference, and laser engravings. Also, it wouldn't take months to be delivered to you.

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #16,097 of 35,316

From many personal experiences dealing with JDS Labs, if you value pre and post customer service with zero hassles - ever, go with them.  For any warranty related issues, you'll fare well with JDS Labs. Jon and his team has first rate customer service.  I'm in the middle of a warranty issue with MD, and it's great that I'm getting a replacement, but total time of delivery to/from/back and waiting will be 3 weeks.

+1

Note that the Drop does not indicate either who is assembling the O2 amps they are selling. I once had to deal with a defective product issue with JDS Labs. They were courteous and FAST at solving my problem--sold me on them as a vendor.

+ 2

JDS is super responsive. I've purchased a lot of stuff from John and it's been a consistently great customer experience. Tough call with the other one being SO cheap, but I'd definitely rather have the JDS version if anything ever went wrong with the amp.

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #16,100 of 35,316
"We're working with a Chinese audiophile company to make this O2 as affordable as possible to get more people into Audiophile gear and grow the community."

You probably won't get much support if something goes wrong with the product since it's from an unnamed Chinese company. Last time Mayflowerelectronics had a drop, some people had problems and repairs took weeks. A lot of things could easily go wrong with this drop.

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #16,102 of 35,316
Anyone here have any experience with the Akg k240? I'm rather intrigued by MD's $69 drop of the new M220 version.

Thanks

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #16,103 of 35,316
I was considering joining the drop, but the up front power, lack of RCA's and no 1/4th jack are big deterrents. If you get all those added straight from JDS Labs, the O2 is $155 shipped. 

Oh well, I probably don't need it anyway. 

Jul 24, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #16,105 of 35,316
My experience with Massdrop has been that if you have problems with your purchase, you are referred to the manufacturer, they don't do much. So, you saves ur money, you takes ur chances. (Who knows how responsive this Chinese company will be...)

Jul 24, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #16,107 of 35,316
Haven't dealt with JDS Labs, but, if the dollar savings is small, I'll spend the extra on Amazon.

Jul 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #16,108 of 35,316
Hey Everyone,

We're having our Black Friday in July sale and there are some great headphone deals on it.  Open the link then click on the headphones tab to see all the deals.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/landing/specials/2015/july-black-friday/?affiliate=julyblackfriday15&utm_campaign=2861041_julyblackfriday&utm_content=6867364537&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

If there is another headphone you're interested in that is not on this page please use our Name Your Deal! feature.  It allows you to let us know exactly what you're looking for and how much you want to pay. We'll do our best to meet your requests.

https://docs.google.com/a/sonicelectronix.com/forms/d/1Ko3cF4K4wyDmiH2COp1UZ3HCbIVuajKfCXEesydx7iI/viewform?edit_requested=true

Jul 24, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #16,109 of 35,316
My experience with Massdrop has been that if you have problems with your purchase, you are referred to the manufacturer, they don't do much. So, you saves ur money, you takes ur chances. (Who knows how responsive this Chinese company will be...)

The saves ur money part really varies.  Often, you don't get much in the way of savings over other options out there.  Occasionally, they do have a deal that's well better than what's available otherwise.  I use them but I'm a lot more selective these days.  Done a lot of transactions with them over the last year plus.  Results varied.

HS

Jul 24, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #16,110 of 35,316

The saves ur money part really varies.  Often, you don't get much in the way of savings over other options out there.  Occasionally, they do have a deal that's well better than what's available otherwise.  I use them but I'm a lot more selective these days.  Done a lot of transactions with them over the last year plus.  Results varied.

HS

Agreed, I've used them as well, generally figure not worth it unless discount 40% or more, with some exceptions (obviously, the more expensive the item, the more cash even 20% sounds to, but I find the 40% rule mostly works for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back