The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 24, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #16,081 of 35,334
How do these compare in sq compared to the dx90 and x5?

I've been hearing mixed things. Some say equal, some say better. The firmware isn't 100% amazing yet (kinda slow for its price point), but I mainly jumped on it for the size/SQ. The X5ii I can tell you first hand is an amazing player. If ultimate portability/streamline isn't a concern, go with that.

The DX90 is OOP now, so I would personally wait for Ibasso to play their next card if you want to use them.

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #16,083 of 35,334
Edit: I ask because Spotify is a big part of my music system, mainly to listen to albums I wouldn't buy (but still enjoy) and to listen to albums that I'll eventually get once I know it's worth having in higher quality. For now my Sony Walkman and Cayin C5 have been for this duty but a single unit would be nice as opposed to a stack in the pocket.

And by chance is the o/s Android on that a&k jr or their own proprietary software?

*edit:

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #16,087 of 35,334
I ask because Spotify is a big part of my music system, mainly to listen to albums I wouldn't buy (but still enjoy) and to listen to albums that I'll eventually get once I know it's worth having in higher quality. For now my Sony Walkman and Cayin C5 have been for this duty but a single unit would be nice as opposed to a stack in the pocket.

Ok, I see what you're saying! Sadly it doesn't have Wifi capabilities :/ It can be used as a USB DAC/Amp, though I don't know if anyone has tested its capabilities being used OTG with another Android device. I have a similar issue, I just figured I can use my phone if I need streaming. 

It does have Bluetooth though, so I wonder if bluetooth streaming TO the device is possible? I'll answer these questions when i get it :)

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #16,088 of 35,334

The Jr won't have nearly the driving power. It may sound better, it may not. But the biggest thing is that one ties you to a wall and a computer, and one does not.

Similarities: They are both silver
Differences: ?

only sound quality being a concern, which is better ?

Wait, are you asking about the AK JR deal or the O2 deal?

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #16,090 of 35,334
JDSlabs just dropped the price of the o2 to 99 dollars. To compete with massdrop ?! I am wondering if i want to spend an additional 30 dollars for something that is going to be made in the usa and additional customization options( 1x gain )

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #16,092 of 35,334
From many personal experiences dealing with JDS Labs, if you value pre and post customer service with zero hassles - ever, go with them.  For any warranty related issues, you'll fare well with JDS Labs. Jon and his team has first rate customer service.  I'm in the middle of a warranty issue with MD, and it's great that I'm getting a replacement, but total time of delivery to/from/back and waiting will be 3 weeks.

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #16,093 of 35,334
From many personal experiences dealing with JDS Labs, if you value pre and post customer service with zero hassles - ever, go with them.  For any warranty related issues, you'll fare well with JDS Labs. Jon and his team has first rate customer service.  I'm in the middle of a warranty issue with MD, and it's great that I'm getting a replacement, but total time of delivery to/from/back and waiting will be 3 weeks.

+1

Note that the Drop does not indicate either who is assembling the O2 amps they are selling. I once had to deal with a defective product issue with JDS Labs. They were courteous and FAST at solving my problem--sold me on them as a vendor.

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #16,095 of 35,334
Well from what I have read so far is that it will be made in China and it will have a 2 year warranty through MD.

The good thing about this is that they are receiving feedback from the community to add stuff to the O2 amp. But now that JDS has dropped their amp to 100 bucks....it makes you wonder if those 30 dollars will be worth it? I could say yes but at 70 bucks.....it does seem like a good deal and I think this is the amp I have been looking for after all.

By purchasing this amp, this might be end game for me for a while lol

That is until I enter to the realm of planars....oh boy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back