The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 25, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #16,126 of 35,334
I'll also throw my support in for Massdrop.  I've had two orders that have had issues, and both times they resolved them for me.  First, my Fidelio L1's, the aluminum had some sort of corrosion.  They promptly swapped them out.  However, the second pair had an issue with the wiring.  They didn't have any more in stock, so they sent me the one they had opened for product pictures, which they confirmed sounded great.  The other issue, I ordered some NATO watch straps.  One from the set was the wrong one, so they said I could just keep it, and they sent me out the right one.  Other than the sometimes long delay from when the drop closes to when you get the product, I really like ordering from them.

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #16,127 of 35,334
When I had a problem with my CEntrance M8 and contacted them, they sent me to CEntrance, and, despite sending it back to them twice (once at my expense), I still have the same problem, can't use it or get a refund. Would never have happened, say, with Amazon.

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #16,128 of 35,334
Just want to thank the posters who posted the Westone Adventure Beta for $40...not sure why they got no love (or even attention), maybe because the Alpha (which I haven't heard) got really mixed reviews. I really like these...have listened to them much more than many iems I spent much more on. They isolate REALLY well, just about as good as my Etymotic ER-4, and are really comfortable. They work fine out of my Pono direct, though they remind me a bit of the Senn 650, in that they sometimes seem to have a bit of that "veil" with just the dap, but when I listen to Pono line out into MicroZOTL or Ray Samuels HR-2, they are clear, open, detailed, goods bass, scale up nicely. I posted about them on the Discovery thread, got a lot of push back on them, then conversation went back to the latest Chinese iem. They are really sensitive to placement, don't get them exactly right, and they sound distant. I think they are up there in deals with the old Martin Logan 90 deal (though they originally listed for more). My opinion, of course, but for me, it was $40 well spent.

GLAD You are holding your ground Doctorjazz`  sometimes quality has to emphasized here! especially amazing that you are
playing them through real expensive quality amps and they deliver!! BRAVO!!

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #16,131 of 35,334
I'd say at that price, the W3 is a good buy.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #16,133 of 35,334
I have one too (and W4, and W40. and Adventure Beta), really do like the Westone sound, W3 in particular, also think it is worth it for the price.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #16,134 of 35,334
I bought the W3 for 200 from amazon a year ago, I liked em, but you can find better overall earphones at similar prices or less, and personally i'm currently enjoying single dynamic drivers more than these multi BA monstrosities, my beyerdynamic dtx 102 is better in terms of musicality and FR balance, costs $50...

Nothing against the W3, my ears just don't seem to agree with BA sound in general, sold my W60 and Z5 also. If you like BA sound, then W3 is a good buy, although DN1000, Sony xba-30 and others should also be considered at this price range. Though personally I would stretch budget to $300 for W30 or Sony A3.

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #16,138 of 35,334
I bought the W3 for 200 from amazon a year ago, I liked em, but you can find better overall earphones at similar prices or less, and personally i'm currently enjoying single dynamic drivers more than these multi BA monstrosities, my beyerdynamic dtx 102 is better in terms of musicality and FR balance, costs $50...

Nothing against the W3, my ears just don't seem to agree with BA sound in general, sold my W60 and Z5 also. If you like BA sound, then W3 is a good buy, although DN1000, Sony xba-30 and others should also be considered at this price range. Though personally I would stretch budget to $300 for W30 or Sony A3.

Where can you get w30 for $300? They are listed for $400? I did see them on mass drop but wasn't sure if they came with a warranty or not but that has expired!

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #16,140 of 35,334
The W3 were like $179.99 for a week and people just ignored it. After doing some research, they don't look like on par with newer IEMs on the market. The UM3X RC for $250 seems like a better bet, although a bit outdated by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back