The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Apr 15, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #14,101 of 35,347
  The way it's consistently worded across all places only says that it "may" change prices if it gets to another run. Sounds to me more like language intended to drum up extra interest rather than an actual discounted price. 

From the website, "In any future runs, the price will need to be adjusted to better reflect costs." So looks stronger than "may" but I agree, the price will only go up if there is indeed an additional run. 

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #14,102 of 35,347
Those are order confirmation numbers, not serial #'s. Important because some orders were for multiple units. (Probably not many, but just letting people know, there are probably more units sold than what the confirmation number is at).

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #14,103 of 35,347
Cypher Labs / Theorem 720 DAC // D/A Converter + Headphone Amp for Apple
$539.99

www.touchofmodern.com

Black or Black and Gold Option.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #14,106 of 35,347
  The way it's consistently worded across all places only says that it "may" change prices if it gets to another run. Sounds to me more like language intended to drum up extra interest rather than an actual discounted price. 

I just wanted to point out to people who were acting like this was some sort of massive deal are purely speculating. I've seen that 800 thrown around as if it were actually stated as the real MSRP... even though it clearly isn't. 

That being said I'm sure 600 is a solid price (and it definitely deserves a spot in this thread), even if it ends up being the (likely) MSRP. I've always wanted to try out a Cavalli amp and I'd jump on it if I had the money right now. But I'm still recovering from my Schiit Ragnarok purchase (arriving soon hopefully!) 

EDIT: Numbering update.... according to the main thread orders have approached ~225 / 500. First serial number is supposed to be 397 and the last reported I see is 622. So there should still be a bit of time to make a decision for those of you on the fence.

People are acting like this is a good deal because many of us heard it at CanJam and believe it's well worth the $799 "normal" price and the $599 "discount" on the first run is just a steal.  I'm looking forward to mine!

So Massdrop has the Fostex TH900 in a drop again.  6 needed for the lowest price of $1099 + $16 shipping (yes...that's probably the U.S.).

Anyone know if another shop has new units at this price or better without the wait and potential Massdrop drama?  I do a lot of business with them, and after a few never ending experiences, I'd prefer to go in another direction if all else is equal.

HS

Email Brian at Razordog Audio.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #14,108 of 35,347
Too late....I already did
biggrin.gif
. Another kind member sent me a pm.

Seriously, thanks, Still.

HS

Jeez, step a way for a few minutes to eat some lunch and all of a sudden I'm not good enough for you anymore!  /sob

blink.gif

biggrin.gif

If you get one, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.  Those Fostex have been getting some good press from folks like MLE and Mr. Scotchguy.

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #14,111 of 35,347
HD 800 Used 3rd party Amazon dealer, does this look real?

$841.00 + shipping (currently unavailable) 
+ $0.00 estimated tax

Used - Like New

***Item Condition - Any Q.- 0RDERING - C0NTACT US: MediaTech@ Solution4u.Com Thanks!***

99% positive over the past 12 months. (722 total ratings) 

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #14,112 of 35,347

Jeez, step a way for a few minutes to eat some lunch and all of a sudden I'm not good enough for you anymore!  /sob

blink.gif

biggrin.gif

If you get one, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.  Those Fostex have been getting some good press from folks like MLE and Mr. Scotchguy.

Should be fun.  I'll use it with my Beresford Caiman MkII and Woo WA7.  

Mostly been listening to electrostats lately so if it impresses me after that, will be a great purchase.

HS

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #14,114 of 35,347

That's what I was thinking, I am looking to find a like new for somewhere in that price. I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #14,115 of 35,347
So Massdrop has the Fostex TH900 in a drop again.  6 needed for the lowest price of $1099 + $16 shipping (yes...that's probably the U.S.).

Anyone know if another shop has new units at this price or better without the wait and potential Massdrop drama?  I do a lot of business with them, and after a few never ending experiences, I'd prefer to go in another direction if all else is equal.

HS

http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/fostex-th-900-premium-reference-headphone-b-stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back