The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 23, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #12,856 of 35,328
  Hi Tranman409,

I'm happy we could get the word out in time! When it comes to quality audio we often lean on the Head-Fi community's wealth of knowledge (or opinions depending on who you ask), and it's important we correctly represent our product offerings and make it right to our members when something like this slips through the cracks.

Hi Soundsgoodtome,

I had a comment with a direct link in it (didn't realize new accounts don't have permission to post direct links w/out mod approval) that's in the approval queue but the basis of our shipping program is that we charge a flat fee based on price point with specific tiers based on the product's selling price. There are certain exceptions to this, but the tiered shipping charge is our standard practice and is intended to simplify the shopping experience for repeat members who can quickly know what to expect for shipping based on an item's price. Sometimes there's a few dollars left over but often times we lose on shipping (for example, if we sell a $25 kettlebell).

See the "Shipping" link at the bottom of our website to get to the full details on how the shipping charges are set up.

It's tempting to try the Denon DAC/amp as it stands alone.  Are you considering offering an additional discount for those of us who tried to purchase the package deal? 

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #12,858 of 35,328

It's tempting to try the Denon DAC/amp as it stands alone.  Are you considering offering an additional discount for those of us who tried to purchase the package deal? 

I don't think I will cancel the order and give the Dac/Amp a try to use at work (I only use the Schiit Magni there). So if you cancel it and want to try it, you know what to do. :p

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #12,860 of 35,328
Unrelated post but MAAAAAN! I was on vacation for 10 days and I missed out on alot of stuff in here.

Pheew, Im sure I saved a few bucks these past few days :p

Good thing I didnt have any internetz in Mexico lol

Anyways,

any good deals on DACs with optical in for under 150 bucks? Im still wondering if I should go with a 1st gen Modi optical or just go straight to the newer one....

Amp is to TBD since Im still not sure If i want a tube amp or not.....

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #12,861 of 35,328
Touch of Modern seems not a very good company in general. They charge outrageous shipping fees and offer extremely slow shipments. Surprisingly, they are selling all Audeze headphones models as well. I don't know how could they possibly compete with other audio companies since the delivery can awfully take up to 4 weeks and the prices remain the same. The worst thing is all final sales are over, not eligible for return.
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #12,863 of 35,328
Touch of Modern seems not a very good company in general. They charge outrageous shipping fees and offer extremely slow shipments. Surprisingly, they are selling all Audeze headphones models as well. I don't know how could they possibly compete with other audio companies since the delivery can awfully take up to 4 weeks and the prices remain the same. The worst thing is [COLOR=FF0000]all final sales are over, not eligible for return.[/COLOR] :D   

Well, not everything they're selling is marked as final :p

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #12,864 of 35,328
True, but the Audeze ate full list price...if it indeed takes so long for skipping, why buy there?

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #12,865 of 35,328
Newegg has Klispch X11 for $99.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-00A0-00034&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL022415&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL022415&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL022415-_-EMC-022415-Index-_-AllHeadphonesAccessories-_-0TH-00A0-00034-S0A3A

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #12,867 of 35,328
True, but the Audeze ate full list price...if it indeed takes so long for skipping, why buy there?

They go on sale periodically. LCD-2s are usually $150 off. The stuff in the "catalog" section is not on sale. No real advantage to buying from there if you have another good option.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #12,868 of 35,328
  somebody give me a lcd-2c deal.  Musicdirect had some new for $850 in november

They're usually around that when they go on sale at Buysonic.  You might also check to see if Razordog Audio has any open-box ones, as they're usually in excellent condition.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #12,870 of 35,328
  Usually the fazor edition though.  I'm looking for a non-fazor version.

I don't believe they've manufactured the non-fazored ones in months.  I'm not sure where you'd find any new at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back