The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #12,826 of 35,339
TOM always takes a while to ship, so it'll be some time till we find out. Personally, I noticed the copy implying the free 'phones, but figured that the price for the DAC was a pretty good deal anyway. If the headphones are included, that'd be awesome. If not, the DA-10 has some pretty good reviews and fits a useful space in my kit, so why not?

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #12,827 of 35,339
I sent them 2 emails, never heard back either, so yes a little fishy. I hope those of you that ordered get the free 7100!

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #12,828 of 35,339
I sent them 2 emails, never heard back either, so yes a little fishy. I hope those of you that ordered get the free 7100!

That's weird. I sent an email this morning asking if they had any leftover stock and a person emailed back within 2 hours saying no and directed me to the designer of the product. Ok last post me about this deal since its basically over. Don't want to clog up the thread 

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #12,833 of 35,339
I found with some EQ they could sound really good.  Really good.  And the bass is incredible. 

I sold them to get some cash flow going a few months ago.  

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #12,834 of 35,339
Welp, I'm in. Still has the information about including the D7100.

If it works out great, if not I'll cancel and nobody will be out anything.

really didn't like the D7100 sound, but they're way comfortable and I told myself I'd pick them up if I ever saw them 70% off ($1000->$300)

They look uber comfortable, and have wood resonation cups. Only reason I didnt jump on the deal is I don't need a portable dac, and it's a hassle to sell it off. The cans on the other hand are not 100% confirmed... so I'm too sceptical to risk it. I always follow the philosophy, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

Good luck to anyone who did purchase. Now to talk myself out of dt990 deal!

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #12,835 of 35,339
They look uber comfortable, and have wood resonation cups. Only reason I didnt jump on the deal is I don't need a portable dac, and it's a hassle to sell it off. The cans on the other hand are not 100% confirmed... so I'm too sceptical to risk it. I always follow the philosophy, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

Good luck to anyone who did purchase. Now to talk myself out of dt990 deal!

Regarding their comfort, yes they're great, but there's always a catch.  The actual headphones are very stiff and sit on your head in a strange angle.  Fortunately for me when I tried them, I was able to find a fit but I could see others being less fortunate.
I think I put my impressions as a response to one of the comments on Amazon....

I wouldn't have jumped on it being that it sounds too good to be true, but being that ToM is supposedly legit and the description specifically lists the D7100 as an included accessory I think it's safe to say that a cancelled order or returned order on the basis of not delivering the sold product would be reasonable.  In the most likely event, though, I'm thinking that in the next few days ToM will start cancelling orders, but it is encouraging that the deal got re-posted!

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #12,836 of 35,339
  Regarding their comfort, yes they're great, but there's always a catch.  The actual headphones are very stiff and sit on your head in a strange angle.  Fortunately for me when I tried them, I was able to find a fit but I could see others being less fortunate.
I think I put my impressions as a response to one of the comments on Amazon....

I wouldn't have jumped on it being that it sounds too good to be true, but being that ToM is supposedly legit and the description specifically lists the D7100 as an included accessory I think it's safe to say that a cancelled order or returned order on the basis of not delivering the sold product would be reasonable.  In the most likely event, though, I'm thinking that in the next few days ToM will start cancelling orders, but it is encouraging that the deal got re-posted!

"TouchOfModern attempts to be as accurate as possible with all product descriptions. However, TouchOfModern does not warrant that product descriptions or other site content are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or free of errors. If a product offered by TouchOfModern is delivered to you in a defective condition, please send an email to support@touchofmodern.com within 48 hours of receiving the shipment. We will either replace the defective product or issue a full refund."

"Defective condition" is a little too unspecific.

"Items marked “Final Sale” cannot be returned. We sell these products as “Final Sale” to maintain such significant discounts. If you are concerned that you may wish to return an item, please check whether it is “Final Sale” prior to making your purchase."

The deal is indeed marked Final Sale. I wish you guys good luck.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #12,837 of 35,339
  Same. I'm not saying the guy who "confirmed" the deal was lying, but I find it Strange he has a post count of 8 and no one else received a response from TOM.

But yet by saying that... you are saying that....  

If anyone would like a copy of the email, just send me your email address and I will forward it to you.

I ordered the deal even though I'm skeptical they will actually come with headphones (despite having the email from TOM, their "does look like they are included" comment is not that confidence inspiring); I figure worst case I get to try the amp and can sell it for near what I paid for it if I don't like it.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #12,838 of 35,339
  "TouchOfModern attempts to be as accurate as possible with all product descriptions. However, TouchOfModern does not warrant that product descriptions or other site content are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or free of errors. If a product offered by TouchOfModern is delivered to you in a defective condition, please send an email to support@touchofmodern.com within 48 hours of receiving the shipment. We will either replace the defective product or issue a full refund."

"Defective condition" is a little too unspecific.

"Items marked “Final Sale” cannot be returned. We sell these products as “Final Sale” to maintain such significant discounts. If you are concerned that you may wish to return an item, please check whether it is “Final Sale” prior to making your purchase."

The deal is indeed marked Final Sale. I wish you guys good luck.

I'm not sure that failing to deliver an item offered in a product description could be shrugged off as an unreliable description or error-free description.  In an extreme case they could send me a bag of rocks and say they messed up the item description.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #12,839 of 35,339
just purchase when a credit card that will cover you in case of any issues. credit card companies are very good at solving these sort of weird maybe scam-y situations if the seller tries to pull something weird

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #12,840 of 35,339
  I'm not sure that failing to deliver an item offered in a product description could be shrugged off as an unreliable description or error-free description.  In an extreme case they could send me a bag of rocks and say they messed up the item description.

Normally I would agree. But in this case there is some expectancy of it being an error because it says they are giving away a $1000 headphone for free. That said, I don't think TOM is out to scam anyone, and I hope you guys get the Denons. 

Anyways... any other deals going on tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back