The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 21, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #12,736 of 35,319
So basically you're saying that a seller who sells for a living is willing to scam you, and for a very inexpensive product, at the cost of his reputation and business? An arrangement means an agreement from both the buyer and seller, and ebay can't control it. You don't have to agree to it, and ebay will step in if you can't come to an agreement. Sellers with high feedback have a lot at risk, and they aren't going to scam you, and especially not for something like the se215.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #12,737 of 35,319
  I see no real point in purchasing the Microstreamer, as the Herus Resonessence can do everything so much better for for a few more dollars :)
I've had both side-by-side, difference was night and day in favor of the Herus.

I'll call BS on that statement. 

First, unless your talking potatoes chips or beer, when one product costs twice as much as another it's not just "a few dollars more".

Considering your "can do everything so much better" claim, how does the Herus stack up regarding:

1. True line out (so you can use just the DAC section without double amping)?
  2. Analog volume control (vs. bit robbing digital volume control)?
  3. Ultra compact low profile form factor?
  4. Mini USB connector (so your portable device doesn't need the equivalent of a USB printer cable)?
  5. Low power draw (100mw, so you're not rapidly draining the battery of your phone or tablet)?
  6. Never having to worry about your device unexpectedly going to 100% volume

Does the Herus do some things better than the Microstreamer?  At twice the price I would expect (and hope) so.

Does it do "everything so much better"?  Not really.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #12,738 of 35,319
So basically you're saying that a seller who sells for a living is willing to scam you, and for a very inexpensive product, at the cost of his reputation and business? An arrangement means an agreement from both the buyer and seller, and ebay can't control it. You don't have to agree to it, and ebay will step in if you can't come to an agreement. Sellers with high feedback have a lot at risk, and they aren't going to scam you, and especially not for something like the se215.

No. You don't read (bit of a pattern here) and then put words in my mouth.

What I disputed was the very incorrect statement "eBay is foolproof for buyers". That's it.

I said nothing about any specific seller or item.
I said nothing about high feedback sellers doing it for a living.
I said nothing about inexpensive products.
You said all that, not me.

eBay encompasses all sorts - honest/dishonest, USA/International, cares about reputation/don't give a crap about anything but $$$.

To say that "eBay is foolproof", "eBay is 100% safe for buyers", "seller always pays for return shipping", "safe under any and all circumstances"... ignorant, stupid, misleading. Sorry no other way to put it.

Please read before replying, it would really help.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #12,739 of 35,319

I'll call BS on that statement. 

First, unless your talking potatoes chips or beer, when one product costs twice as much as another it's not just "a few dollars more".

Considering your "can do everything so much better" claim, how does the Herus stack up regarding:

1. True line out (so you can use just the DAC section without double amping)?
  2. Analog volume control (vs. bit robbing digital volume control)?
  3. Ultra compact low profile form factor?
  4. Mini USB connector (so your portable device doesn't need the equivalent of a USB printer cable)?
  5. Low power draw (100mw, so you're not rapidly draining the battery of your phone or tablet)?
  6. Never having to worry about your device unexpectedly going to 100% volume

Does the Herus do some things better than the Microstreamer?  At twice the price I would expect (and hope) so.

Does it do "everything so much better"?  Not really.

Would you send me a PM next time?
Let me ask you, have you tried the Herus and Microstreamer side by side?
If not, you really shouldn't be making any statements.

First, the price of the Microstreamer is 169.95 on amazon, regularly 190. The Herus is listed as $350, but in actuality you can obtain one for 2 stacks or so. I got mine for 2--
In the world of DACs and Amps, that's pretty insignificant in terms of pricing. But your mileage may vary. So ok, I retract my statement of "just a few dollars".

As to your list:

1) The Herus is an excellent stand-alone DAC. I've used it with my Stax setup before.
2) Analog volume control? Can't tell if you're serious.
3) The Herus is just as small and compact as the Microstreamer
4) The power draw on the Herus is 90 mA on low power, 100 mA regularly.
5) Once again, are you serious?
6) Herus can be used with the Iphone and tablets, no difference here.
7) Specs? No comparison here. The Herus is much more capable than the Microstreamer. Supports DSD/DXD as well
8) ESS Sabre Chip on the Herus, nuff said

Lastly, the most important thing is how they stack up against each other sonically. That's completely my opinion, and you should not be calling anyone's "opinion" BS.
Fact is, I gave my Microstreamer to my cousin. And I currently use my Herus regularly. 
Before you start pointing fingers, research your facts please.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #12,740 of 35,319

I wouldn't recommend the HRT Microstreamer if you're gong to use it on a PC.  Check the feedback thread.  It's super finnicky and needs lots of software fiddling to get it to work.  Mine worked fine on one computer and wouldn't work on another.  They sent me a HUGE list of troubleshooting steps and I pretty much said "F* it" and sold it to a guy using it on a Mac.  He had no issues with it.

I replaced it with an Audioengine D3 which has served me well for months.  Got it for $120 off Massdrop.

I'm using a HRT Microstreamer II on the latest version ofUbuntu with zero problems.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #12,741 of 35,319

First, the price of the Microstreamer is 169.95 on amazon, regularly 190. The Herus is listed as $350, but in actuality you can obtain one for 2 stacks or so. I got mine for 225$
In the world of DACs and Amps, that's pretty insignificant in terms of pricing. But your mileage may vary. So ok, I retract my statement of "just a few dollars".

As to your list:

1) The Herus is an excellent stand-alone DAC. I've used it with my Stax setup before.
7) Specs? No comparison here. The Herus is much more capable than the Microstreamer. Supports DSD/DXD as well

Lastly, the most important thing is how they stack up against each other sonically. That's completely my opinion, and you should not be calling anyone's "opinion" BS.
Fact is, I gave my Microstreamer to my cousin. And I currently use my Herus regularly. 

Now i feel like buying a Herus Resonessence

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #12,742 of 35,319

First, the price of the Microstreamer is 169.95 on amazon, regularly 190. The Herus is listed as $350, but in actuality you can obtain one for 2 stacks or so. I got mine for 225$

As to your list:

Now i feel like buying a Herus Resonessence

1+
and...a Denon DA-10, and I hadn't even thought or known about these before this thread (I actually did read the review of the Herus initially, but it went into the junk file somewhere in the back of my head...very crowded place!)

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #12,743 of 35,319
Not the greatest deal, but an attempt to swing this thread back on course. 

Bravo v3 Headphone Amplifier $73 shipped on Massdrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/bravo-v3-headphone-amp

There's also a giveaway on slickdeals for a QC25.

http://slickdeals.net/giveaway/4874/bose-quietcomfort-25-headphones-giveaway

If you like metal music, there's a Relapse Records sampler pack with 31 songs for free on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Various_Artists_Relapse_25th_Anniversary_Sampler?id=Bufvh6filyaph3h4y5g7rtnky2u&hl=en

You can get the sampler pack here (http://relapsesampler.bandcamp.com/album/relapse-records-25-years-of-contamination) as well, it includes a lot more songs but it is pay what you want, you can put in $0 if you want.

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #12,744 of 35,319
Not audio related but pretty decent deal on a genuine Xiaomi/Mi 10400mAh power bank
using 15BGSF coupon - about 16.5$ shipped. original price is 24$
http://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5V-2A-10400mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-923637.html
(thats the price for the silver, the other color is more expensive)

Feb 21, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #12,748 of 35,319
Feb 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #12,749 of 35,319
Big thanks to those actually posting deals!

HS

Just think of the between deal banter as the Break between boxing rounds, a chance for your wallet to recover between rounds of getting pounded! :smile:

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #12,750 of 35,319
Just think of the between deal banter as the Break between boxing rounds, a chance for your wallet to recover between rounds of getting pounded! :smile:

a lull in the quest for the holy grail? a tranquil retreat for your wallets?

the deal on touchofmodern.com for the new Denon ampdac H10 for 314
instead of list 399 says that it includes Denon HD7100 mahogany over ear headphones.
as an "accessory"  these phones are on Amazon for 971$ so i doubt they
are thrown in as a freebee, maybe a picture of them, is?  i contacted touchofmodern.com
to ask about this claim on their website, but no response yet.  that would indeed
be the Deal of the Year.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back